You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Piyali Dasgupta
Thursday, January 19, 2012 (New Delhi)                                   
  Print | A+   A-

He's the 3 AM friend to some of the world's most powerful and celebrated people. So what do you ask the guru of well-being who was on Michael Jackson's speed dial for two decades?

Deepak Chopra, new-age guru, author, pioneer of mind-body healing, will speak at the Jaipur Literature Festival on January 22 and then shoot an episode with Oprah Winfrey the following day.

The segment with Oprah is part of the premiere of her new original primetime series - Oprah's Next Chapter - on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

"Oprah's among the most powerful women in the world. She's extremely intelligent, she reads a lot (more than anyone I know), you know that's why she was so successful with the Book Club," says Dr Chopra. Oprah's Book Club, a discussion segment on her epic talk show for 15 years, catapulted many obscure titles to bestsellers, with Oprah's clout spiking sales.

"You know, people usually think of celebrities somewhere up there, they can't relate to them. With Oprah, everyone can relate to her. She's wonderfully down-to-earth," he says.

From Oprah, the questions shift to the inevitable ones on the King of Pop - Michael Jackson - whom Dr Chopra met somewhere around 1988. A friendship that lasted nearly two decades and one in which he received a call from Michael just two days before his death. "He left a message on my answering machine...said he wanted to share some good news with me. " "Wasn't Michael Jackson under pressure...that's what the reports said...that he was under pressure over his comeback concert," I asked him. "He didn't sound like he was under pressure. He was excited with this new song, Breathe, and he wanted me to look over the lyrics. It's on the environment," says Dr Chopra.

Despite the last happy memories and Michael Jackson's obvious excitement over his new composition, Dr Chopra has often said that Michael Jackson sudden death was almost fated - "like he was hurtling towards it. He wanted to die like Elvis Presley."

"Michael once asked me, what's the drug that takes you to the valley of death and then brings you back. That was propofol , I didn't know then, he adds. The pop icon's autopsy report cites the cause of death as acute propofol intoxication.

The copy of "Breathe" lies with Dr Chopra, "I have contacted his lawyers, and his estate, I can't keep what isn't mine," he says.

The wellness guru who says he is never stressed, has a happier story to wrap up with. A joke he shared with Oprah Winfrey and with us, but not one that he wants published as yet. Instead, here's a quote that Dr Chopra says keeps him stress-free: "What people think of you is none of your business. What you think of yourself is what matters."

Read more at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
takes you to the valley of death and brings you back..hmmm
huggs n love n faith to all
suzzz
Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:54:14 PM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

How profound:  Song title: Breathe.   "Takes you to the valley of death and brings you back, propofol."  Professional witness testimony "if Murray had only tilted his head back so he could "breathe' he would still be alive today.  If we've learned nothing else along this journey for sure, we all know positively that Nothing is coincidence.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Andrea

He wanted to die like Elvis Presley

Indeed.   8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Indeed.   8)

And we all know from Michael's lips to our ears that he wants to live forever.  Dying is not on his wish list.  /white flag/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Tink

Watch this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Anything out of his mouth, is regurgitated, and he keeps adding ONTO this story. Unbelievable, what a conman, who loves the spotlight off of others. Shame on him!

Deepak uses the "Strawman Argument" in the majority of his arguments. Anyone would do better just drinking lots of water, exercising, and seeing their regular doctor, than talking to him. Immensely cheaper for the pocket book, too!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!

Indeed.   8)

And we all know from Michael's lips to our ears that he wants to live forever.  Dying is not on his wish list.  /white flag/
Dying not, but "Dying" yes :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

everlastinglove_MJ

The wellness guru who says he is never stressed, has a happier story to wrap up with. A joke he shared with Oprah Winfrey and with us, but not one that he wants published as yet

hmm...I wonder what happy story/joke he means, that he doesn't want to be published YET 8-)

"What people think of you is none of your business. What you think of yourself is what matters."
I like this quote.

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

finfin

"Dr Chopra has often said that Michael Jackson sudden death was almost fated"

Yes what happened to "Fated" by Michael Jackson and Gotham Chopra?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaSTGsBMuIY [/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

He was calling / he attracted this event... till he planned it to the smallest detail - it's fate all right.  :lol:

P.S.:I wonder why an atheist like Chopra would use a word like fate... When you don't believe in what's called God, can you believe in fate?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

P.S.:I wonder why an atheist like Chopra would use a word like fate... When you don't believe in what's called God, can you believe in fate?!

Yes, I believe you can, even when you do not believe in God. I'm refering to one of Deepak Chopra's quotes: " You don't have to believe in God in order to experience God" and his book "How To Know God".
I think fate can be linked to many beliefs.

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Yes, I believe you can, even when you do not believe in God. I'm refering to one of Deepak Chopra's quotes: " You don't have to believe in God in order to experience God" and his book "How To Know God".

L.O.V.E.

Thank you for reply! :)
Can you explain this a bit? Who decide your fate before (FATED) if you don't believe in God, but you get to experience Him during your life?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Yes what happened to "Fated" by Michael Jackson and Gotham Chopra?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaSTGsBMuIY [/youtube]

GOOD CATCH! Except that video is using other people's artwork, after the cover, from the late '80s,
a book by John Ostrander - let's keep that part clear, kk?
Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:36:13 PM by Tink
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

everlastinglove_MJ

L.O.V.E.

Thank you for reply! :)
Can you explain this a bit? Who decide your fate before (FATED) if you don't believe in God, but you get to experience Him during your life?

Good question :). I had to think about it how to explain. Fate can be defined by the religion or belief which you personally support, f.i. Karma is fate in Buddhism and differs from God's fate. I believe in God's fate, but I partly believe in the possibility to have some control on my own life path and destiny, which is Karma. It seems I'm stuck in the middle and that is belief too imho.
And your question about how to experience God during my life, I'm not certain about this yet. First I'm going to read Chopra's "How to know God". Maybe I will find some answers. Sorry for being a bit vague.

L.O.V.E. always

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

skyways

Have to admit that books of D. Chopra content some wisdom - not to the revelational point, bt they are useful along wth many simular soul-advising guides.

But after meet him personaly on his NY lectures i always thought - WHY Michael constantly fall for the creepy/con ppl?
Is it he try to brink out better from smthng worse- cause he believe in his ability to change people for better (rmbr Michael said if he have chance to speak wth Hitler- he may change him and then history itself?).
 Or its just MJ quriosity go into spell of harisma-moment wth them?.
Anyhow@@ I wl b so happy to change my mind about that lector- but for now DC should teem up wth rabbi Shmuley and K.

BTW- LKL talk wth Gotham Chopra   right after 625 was sooo into the hoax if anyone recall that discussion on old forum.'))

L.O.V.E.!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Have to admit that books of D. Chopra content some wisdom - not to the revelational point, bt they are useful along wth many simular soul-advising guides.

But after meet him personaly on his NY lectures i always thought - WHY Michael constantly fall for the creepy/con ppl?
Is it he try to brink out better from smthng worse- cause he believe in his ability to change people for better (rmbr Michael said if he have chance to speak wth Hitler- he may change him and then history itself?).
 Or its just MJ quriosity go into spell of harisma-moment wth them?.
Anyhow@@ I wl b so happy to change my mind about that lector- but for now DC should teem up wth rabbi Shmuley and K.

BTW- LKL talk wth Gotham Chopra   right after 625 was sooo into the hoax if anyone recall that discussion on old forum.'))

L.O.V.E.!

I do like Gotham, but also find Deepak into things for the money. Gotham seems to try to do right.

I find his books to be ...Spiritual, because he had GHOST WRITERS! He didn't write them, only supplied an outline of what
he wanted in the books. I feel the lady who wrote the majority of the books deserved the credit, but she said she was
compensated quite well, for writing the books. It's HER Spirituality that comes through, IMHO.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal