2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Taaj Malik just posted this on facebook............ ARE YOU HEARING ME!!! 

Probably better be quick or it may be gone soon......Good luck and OMG....quick...I need a big USB stick  /bravo/ /bravo/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yM17CjQA4rU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vF3aSJ4_2Ls[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjOPXpd9PSU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:10:40 AM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wish I knew how. I have bit torrent, dont know how to use it though !!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Maybe another member can help you...I have no idea either.........

BUT BIGGER news is that Anonymous is on a war on the web.....

Spread the word and RT - FTC's "federal online security site" was hacked tonight by #Anonymous to support #opMegaupload

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Maybe I'm ignorant of something here, but isn't it right that people should pay for entertainment in the way they did when they had to go off to the shops to buy 45s and videos? (Showing my age here!)

Technology and the internet should not allow people to get hold of stuff for free, someone, somewhere, has to pay and I suspect it's ultimately the artists that suffer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this was on piratebay.com (another bit torrent site)........

shit is going down
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

emulik

shit is going down
/bravo/ that 4 and 5 years comparison sounds really bizzare!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

what about when the record labels exploit the artist?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Maybe I'm ignorant of something here, but isn't it right that people should pay for entertainment in the way they did when they had to go off to the shops to buy 45s and videos? (Showing my age here!)

Technology and the internet should not allow people to get hold of stuff for free, someone, somewhere, has to pay and I suspect it's ultimately the artists that suffer.

I do agree with you, but I also see Anonymous's point...  I will not be downloading anything from the free torrants, mainly because I am too scared to. 

I just hope this action, proves a point, and shows that people do have a voice, and we do have power in numbers..................God bless to all.....Security sites have also been hacked....

One poster wrote this on his wall   "KILLUMINATI"
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:52:23 AM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

/bravo/

I love Annonymous - They kick ass!~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

gwynned

shit is going down

Good catch.  Money is more valuable than a human life, I guess.

Does anyone else find this Anonymous thing a little preposterous?  I am on their side (or on Michael's side :)), but I'm not buying the story.   Seems to me it's a cover story for a more clandestine operation to expose the truth to the world in a dramatic fashion.  After all, artists LIE to reveal the truth, no?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

I am not jumping on that wagon.
The issue is more complex. In the web and elsewhere, companies are not bad and individuals are not good - per se. There are two sides to the medal and it is not black or white but grey and darkgrey.

I do not agree that a whatever privately mixed youtube video with some underlaying music in only 80% quality is taken off the web or not authorized to be watched because "this and that has made copyright claims or did not agree to pay royalties". This is taking money for copies and not for the original and is exceeding common sense.
I also do not agree to include wikipedia e.g. into any royalties program. wikipedia is not a field to take / pay royalties since wikipedia is distributing common knowledge and is properly linking to origin and further information.

I however fully agree that there is NO way that artists and their distributing companies are not getting paid for their originals that are being distributed illegally. There is intellectual property and there is a right to protect this from abuse and rights' infringement. The web is no free space for everything and also google has lost many lawsuits already for infringement of personal rights.

Be careful to download. It is not only illegal in the U.S.
You might catch some malware in addition. Torrent sites are known for that.
Plus you never know who might be behind this and will store your IP address for whatever intention afterwards.

For me, it is a natural component of an upright attitude to not go for illegal activities.
Michael would not have undertaken all those efforts for the Motown catalogues and supported all those artists if he would not have known that the music business and living of their craft and talents has become very difficult for artists. Many can not live from creating music.
In fact, the music industry was much dependent on Michael's comeback because business is doing so bad due to illegal internet activies. I have read statements that were indicating that they put their hopes on Michael to turn the market around.

I am not jumping on that wagon and will buy my copies with my money.
Or else this music would not be worth anything, would it?
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:47:38 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

what about when the record labels exploit the artist?
Amen,sister. /bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ u are so beautiful,inside and out,u truly are a gift from God.I love u,brother.

shit is going down

Good catch.  Money is more valuable than a human life, I guess.

Does anyone else find this Anonymous thing a little preposterous?  I am on their side (or on Michael's side :)), but I'm not buying the story.   Seems to me it's a cover story for a more clandestine operation to expose the truth to the world in a dramatic fashion.  After all, artists LIE to reveal the truth, no?

Wow! This is the 1st time I saw this pic! Its makes a great point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I am not jumping on that wagon.
The issue is more complex. In the web and elsewhere, companies are not bad and individuals are not good - per se. There are two sides to the medal and it is not black or white but grey and darkgrey.

I do not agree that a whatever privately mixed youtube video with some underlaying music in only 80% quality is taken off the web or not authorized to be watched because "this and that has made copyright claims or did not agree to pay royalties". This is taking money for copies and not for the original and is exceeding common sense.
I also do not agree to include wikipedia e.g. into any royalties program. wikipedia is not a field to take / pay royalties since wikipedia is distributing common knowledge and is properly linking to origin and further information.

I however fully agree that there is NO way that artists and their distributing companies are not getting paid for their originals that are being distributed illegally. There is intellectual property and there is a right to protect this from abuse and rights' infringement. The web is no free space for everything and also google has lost many lawsuits already for infringement of personal rights.

Be careful to download. It is not only illegal in the U.S.
You might catch some malware in addition. Torrent sites are known for that.
Plus you never know who might be behind this and will store your IP address for whatever intention afterwards.

For me, it is a natural component of an upright attitude to not go for illegal activities.
Michael would not have undertaken all those efforts for the Motown catalogues and supported all those artists if he would not have known that the music business and living of their craft and talents has become very difficult for artists. Many can not live from creating music.
In fact, the music industry was much dependent on Michael's comeback because business is doing so bad due to illegal internet activies. I have read statements that were indicating that they put their hopes on Michael to turn the market around.

I am not jumping on that wagon and will buy my copies with my money.
Or else this music would not be worth anything, would it?

Great post, Grace. I fully agree.

I support Anonymous if their only intent is to prove a point but I can't when they go to the extreme of allowing people to download music and entertainment for free when it normally would be paid for. It's no different than a mob running through a street vandalizing stores and stealing their merchandise.

Blessings to all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

everlastinglove_MJ

Topic
Stop Online Piracy Act

Friday, Jan 20, 2012 10:19 PM 21:33:32 UTC+0100
 Reid bows to online protest

Protest against SOPA derails the Senate bill favored by the majority leader

After Wednesday’s one-day  blackout of Wikipedia, Craigslist and scores of other sites to protest the House of Representatives’ Stop Online Piracy Act and its Senate companion, Protect IP Act; after Google’s collection of a reported 7 million petition signatures; after seven co-sponsors of the Senate bill repudiated it and dozens of other rejected it, attention turned to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a supporter of the legislation. What would he do in response to the historic digital outcry?

On Friday morning, Reid settled the matter. “In light of recent events,” read a statement sent out by his office, “I have decided to postpone Tuesday’s vote on the PROTECT I.P. Act.”

I must say I prefer Wikipedia's and Google's protest actions.

Sue Gardner, executive director of the Wikimedia Foundation, said:
"The Wikimedia Foundation welcomes these developments. This is another step towards the ultimate destruction of these two pieces of proposed legislation. But let's be clear, these bills are not dead. They will return, and when they do, they must not harm the interests of the hundreds of millions of people who contribute to the free and open internet.
"The blackout was led by millions of ordinary internet users, and the people who make projects like Wikipedia possible - writers, photographers, editors and illustrators. They sent a clear message to Congress: don't mess with free expression, don't destroy the free and open Internet, don't do the bidding of traditional corporate interests. This is a moment in history when the people who create and share works on the internet as part of the free knowledge movement, and the people who depend on access to those works, are asking to be heard and to have their freedom of speech protected."

True,

though...

true too:

Roughly 4 out of 5 digital music downloads in the U.S. are via P2P and other unauthorized services.
In the last 10 years, the major music labels' direct employment in the U.S. fell from about 25,000 people in 1999 to less than 10,000 today - a drastic reduction of over 60% in people who enable the creation and development of new music
[/b][/u].

my thoughts are controversial on this matter. I'm against SOPA which controls and takes away our internet freedom, though musicians and artists (and I'm not talking about multi money making enterprises like Sony) should be protected against increasing internet piracy.

Duff McKagan absolutely made a point here:

Quit Whining About SOPA and PIPA. Where's the Public Outrage Over Internet Piracy?

By Duff McKaganThu., Jan. 19 2012 at 5:30 AM
Sitting in my usual chair, watching my usual a.m. updates on CNN's Headline News, Wednesday morning, I, like every other American tuned in to at least one form of media, was inundated with verbiage about anti-piracy legislation known as PIPA and SOPA.

The legislation's meant to combat theft of creative works like movies and music from overseas web sites. But when I turned to the Twitter and Facebook, I saw an overwhelming dog pile of support against the bills. Excuse me, but where were you all when piracy started to decimate the music industry? Why didn't you take a stand against that? Those free records felt good, huh?

The fury from the Internet class is that the broad language in the pieces of legislation will be bad for start-ups, might prevent the next YouTube, or give the government the ability to take down a whole site because of one link to copyrighted works. In short, they're opposed to the legislation because they think it will be bad for the Internet business.

Bad for business. Anti-piracy legislation could be bad for the Internet business. It almost takes my breath away. Internet piracy has claimed half of the recorded music business, and made the prospect of making a living as a musician harder for artists of all rank and file. Why didn't Google, or Facebook, or Wikipedia ever stand in solidarity with musicians, actors, and writers - most of whom have never known fame and fortune - as their works were stolen with no recourse on their sites?

Where are the "fans," the lovers of music? Why have they never stood up and taken a stand for the men and women in front of and behind the microphone? Yes, yes, this is all boring, right? It's typical that the "rich rock guy" would be spouting from his golden pulpit. But let me tell you something, the working stiffs at recording studios and record stores that have had to close thanks to rampant internet piracy never were rich, but they are out of a job.

Are people really actually pissed off because Wikipedia is going "black" for a day? Because people feel that their First Amendment rights are really being threatened? Or is it because they're afraid of losing free access to Deadwood and the Black Keys? Or are they worried that the next YouTube won't be able to build a business model off the unwitting investment of copyrighted material that users uploaded for free while investors and start-ups glibly proclaimed that they couldn't be responsible for actions users took? Wikipedia has thousands of volunteers and brags that they keep the site's content accurate. Why can't they regulate more rigorously for copyright violation, too? Too much of a bother?

Should the government be able to shut down Facebook because one user posts a link to copyrighted content? Of course not. But should Facebook and Google do a better job monitoring - and stop profiteering off- their users' access to illegal content? Absolutely. And, you know what, they're smart enough to figure it out.

When it comes to creative industries, we're not talking in the hypothetical. Recording studios all around the world have had to close. So have record stores. Movie studios have suffered. Many, many jobs have been lost. Many peoples' livelihoods have been affected. The people who make or who have made money from record sales are not the "bad guy," the pirater and the stealer are. Period. So, where's the public outcry?

As a practicing musician who has seen his industry turned upside down, and see how piracy has hurt every artist from chart-toppers to indie start-ups, this PIPA upheaval is a slap in the face.

If, as the claim goes, the social media masses were able to overturn the regime in Egypt, they can certainly turn the tide on Internet piracy.

L.O.V.E.
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:00:04 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions