skywaysTopic starter

Authority of Winehouse coroner probed
February 01, 2012, 04:36:55 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wonderwall, Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 8:16am (PST)
LONDON (AP) -- The coroner who oversaw the inquest into the death of singer Amy Winehouse has resigned after her qualifications were questioned, officials said Wednesday - raising the possibility the investigation may have to be held again.

Winehouse's relatives said they were still absorbing the implications of the news and were seeking legal advice.In October, Suzanne Greenaway had ruled that the soul singer had died from accidental alcohol poisoning.

Greenaway had been appointed an assistant deputy coroner in London in 2009 by her husband, Coroner Andrew Reid.

But she resigned in November after authorities learned she had not been a registered U.K. lawyer for five years as required. She had practiced law for a decade in her native Australia."

RELATED: Amy Winehouse's Life in Pictures

"I appointed my wife as an assistant deputy coroner as I believed at the time that her experience as a solicitor and barrister in Australia satisfied the requirements of the post," he said in a statement Wednesday.

"In November of last year it became apparent that I had made an error in the appointment process and I accepted her resignation."

Greenaway oversaw 12 inquests in Camden, the north London borough where Winehouse lived, and others in eastern London.Reid said he was "confident that all of the inquests handled were done so correctly" - but offered to hold the inquests over again if the families of the deceased wanted it.

Winehouse's family said it had not yet decided what to do.

RELATED: Stars React To Amy Winehouse's Passing

In a statement, the family said it was "taking advice on the implications of this and will decide if any further discussion with the authorities is needed."

A security guard found Winehouse dead in bed July 23 at her home in the north London neighborhood of Camden.

The 27-year-old singer, known for her beehive hairdos and multiple Grammy-winning album "Back to Black," had battled drug and alcohol addiction for years.

At the October inquest, Greenaway delivered a verdict of "death by misadventure," saying the singer suffered accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after weeks of abstinence.

RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon

My apology if that was already posted.

SOO weird again and SAD>>>>

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Re: Authority of Winehouse coroner probed
February 01, 2012, 06:12:00 PM
Now go to cast doubt on the legality of the investigating judge who carried out the investigation on Amy Winehouse ... , and how they are going to make his body was cremated.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

February 02, 2012, 09:00:33 AM
Dr. Andrew Scott Reid was involved in the inquests for the London July 7, 2005 bombings.

Dr. Andrew S. Reid was involved in numerous important cases including Dr. von Hagens, Alexander Litvinenko, etc.
On October 13, 2011 Dr. Andrew Reed, the Coroner of St. Pancras announced that he will hold a full public inquest into Litvinenko's death, which will include the examination of all existing theories of the murder, including possible complicity of Russian government.

Amy's father's comment:
Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:09:03 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

paula-c

February 02, 2012, 10:13:07 AM
Don't worry about coroner nonsense. We are all ok. Mitch

His father is the  that says that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

February 03, 2012, 06:47:40 PM
The Coroner in Charge of the Investigation of Amy Winehouse’s Death Resigns

In my article entitled Amy Winehouse and 27 Club, I mentioned that the circumstances surrounding Winehouse’s death are rather “suspicious” and that “suspicious” celebrity deaths are often followed by vague explanations, botched investigations and all kinds of shady business. After months of strange flip-flopping regarding the cause of Winehouse’s death, the coroner that was looking into the singer’s case, Suzanne Greenaway , has resigned because she “did not have the correct qualifications”. Even odder, she was appointed to this particular position by her husband, coroner Dr. Andrew Scott Reid. These events will probably cause the entire investigation to be held again.

Yup, that’s the typical blur of confusion, contradictions and all-around crap that usually surrounds celebrity sacrifices. Here’s an article on Suzanne Greenway’s resignation.

Family of Amy Winehouse considering legal action after coroner at her inquest resigns because she did not have the correct qualifications
Amy Winehouse’s family says it is seeking legal advice after the coroner who oversaw the singer’s inquest resigned because she did not have the required qualifications for the job – raising the possibility the investigation may have to be held again.In October, Suzanne Greenaway ruled that the soul singer had died from accidental alcohol poisoning.

Greenaway had been appointed an assistant deputy coroner in London by her husband, Inner North London Coroner Andrew Reid.

But she resigned in November after authorities learned she had not been a registered U.K. lawyer for five years as required.

She had practised law for a decade in her native Australia.

Her resignation was not made public until today.

The Office for Judicial Complaints has now launched an investigation into Dr Reid’s conduct.

‘I believed at the time that her experience as a solicitor and barrister in Australia satisfied the requirements of the post,’ Reid said in a statement.

‘In November of last year it became apparent that I had made an error in the appointment process and I accepted her resignation.’
Reid apparently broke no laws in appointing his wife but could have breached professional guidelines. Greenaway was one of several deputy assistant coroners.

The local authority, Camden Council, said it was confident Reid ‘had made an error in good faith’ when he appointed his wife, but said the matter was being investigated by Britain’s Office for Judicial Complaints.
Winehouse’s inquest could be declared invalid if her family challenges the verdict in court.

In a statement, the Winehouse family said it was ‘taking advice on the implications of this and will decide if any further discussion with the authorities is needed’.

Last night, meanwhile, Amy’s father, Mitch, tweeted: ‘Don’t worry about coroner nonsense. We are all ok. Mitch.’

Dr Reid said: ‘In November it became apparent I’d made an error in the appointment process. While I am confident that all of the inquests handled were done so correctly, I apologise if this matter causes distress.’

The inquest into the death of the singer heard that she’d drunk enough to stop her breathing and send her into a coma.

Three empty vodka bottles were found near her body in her bedroom.

A pathologist who examined her said she had 416mg of alcohol per decilitre of blood – five times the legal drink-drive limit of 80mg. The inquest heard that 350mg was usually considered a fatal amount.

A doctor who treated the 27-year-old for her alcohol problem said she had repeatedly ignored warnings about the dangers of binge drinking.

But private GP Christina Romete, who saw the singer hours before her death, said she did not believe Miss Winehouse had deliberately drunk herself to death.

She said she had told her: ‘I do not want to die… I have not achieved a lot of the things I wanted.’

Miss Winehouse won five Grammy awards for her 2006 hit album Back To Black. But she became as well-known for her battle with alcohol and drugs as for her singing.

She was found dead in her flat in Camden, North London, on July 23 last year.

- Source: Daily Mail

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

February 05, 2012, 03:36:20 AM
All binge drinkers I know, never intended to die. But - it's an addiction that's hard to break!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Grace

February 05, 2012, 10:17:16 AM
What about the screams from her house?
Who is drunk on the border of death will be screaming and howling? Drum beating?
Or would they fall unconscious?

Amy Winehouse death: Neighbour in Camden heard ‘screaming and howling’  Saturday, July 23, 2011
 9:20 PM

People who knew Amy Winehouse in Camden, north London, have been speaking after the singer’s death at the age of 27.
One of her neighbours said he is convinced she died in the early hours of Friday because he heard screaming.
“I think something happened that night. It sounded like some weird sexual game. There was screaming and howling.”
The man, who would not be named, said he was woken by the sound at around 2am that night.
“It just sounded really weird and my son said he heard some kind of drum beating.”
This afternoon he heard one of Winehouse’s friends crying in the house, and realised she was dead.
He believes a friend left her at home after a night out, and returned this afternoon to find her body.
“She’s been quite low-profile and that’s why, when I heard these sounds - screaming - I thought it was unlike her.
“I said to my son ‘Maybe she’s taken a bad drug’.”
He said he saw her about three weeks ago being helped into the house by her minders, and was unable to walk at 10am.
“She couldn’t walk, she could hardly put one foot in front of the other.”
Her cat, Sky, would come into his house for food and to sleep, he said.
Local restaurant owner Ze Silva, 56, said Winehouse would come in as regularly as twice a week.
She saw her last Tuesday and said she had stopped drinking.
“She had nothing to drink. She said to me ‘Darling, don’t give me any alcohol, I’m not drinking any more’.
“She was normal. She would speak to everyone, have pictures taken with the kids, give autographs to the kids.
“She was a good girl, I’m very sad.”
Winehouse would go to the restaurant, A Baia, to play snooker with her bodyguards and would send them to get her takeaway fried breakfasts.
Flowers, teddies and candles had been left next to the police tape blocking off Camden Square.
One card read: “You will not be forgotten by Camden. We all love you and will continue to love you. Your legend lives on.”
Did you know Amy Winehouse? Add your comments below or email You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal