You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2/12/2012 7:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Speaking just hours after the passing of Whitney Houston, legendary singer Tony Bennett said he feels with the rash of celebrity deaths recently ... it's time to legalize drugs.

Bennett performed at the Beverly Hilton last night Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party, in an evening dedicated to Houston. Bennett told the crowd, "First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, now the magnificent Whitney Houston. Let's legalize drugs, like Amsterdam, it's a very sane city now."

Davis, Houston's mentor and producer, remembered her by saying, "Whitney was a beautiful person and she had a talent beyond compare. She graced this stage ... so many times. So simply put: Whitney would have wanted the music to go on."

Jennifer Hudson is scheduled to perform a tribute in Houston's honor at tonight's Grammy Awards.

I just saw this on youtube,OMG I can't believe that Tony Bennett would say a thing like that  :shock: .Legalize drugs   :shock: ???? I'm sorry but this is the most stupid ideea that I ever heard in my life  :?  :(   WTF?? !!!!

Here is a video with Clive Davis,Tony Bennett and Alicia Keys speaking at the pre-Garmmy party about Whitney passing.Tony Bennett said something about Michael too  :( .I see so many stars presented there ,but I can't stop thinking ,how many of them have the same problem but still no one knows or care about it.Sad very sad and I have to say that from my point of view fame and celebrity is like a POISON.Boy I'm happy that I'm not famous  :idea:  !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gM8bOnqTb8&feature=g-u-u&context=G25202dfFUAAAAHgAAAA[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

After thinking on it, I do believe his point is this: People won't have to hide their addiction, and then their insurance will be forced to cover their recovery, especially if it's been illegal drugs.

Ergo, let's put all drugs on the same level ground - so everyone can get the help you need! I can't tell you how horrifying it is, to have someone in your arms begging for help - and yet when you call around, the places are ALL full for 3 months to a year, except the PRIVATE ONES! One girl wanted so badly to get off of Heroin, but I had only 3 days to get her help, before she lost her way again.

THAT is how nightmarish it is, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a celebrity. Celebrities who're addicts, get their lives MAGNIFIED. But guess what? They can afford treatment!!

People who's lives are dramatically impacted by heroin and crack, they're stripping so they can get by, barely day to day. They aren't thinking of the future - only their next high, here and now.

So many lost, lost souls in the world. And LA isn't any different than the MidWest, nor Chicago, nor NYC!

If drugs didn't send people to jail, but to rehab instead, everyone would be so much better off.

Lindsay Lohan's JUDGE really cares about her - and has gone way above and beyond her duty. She's performed tough love, in trying to save her life.

This weekend, I hope Lindsay is reflecting hard on her life; seeing how much those around her, even her JUDGE truly cares about her. Or it could be her body also in the morgue, or buried and gone.

Last wakeup call off the booze & the pills, baby...only so many times before your body just gives out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal