LoveShyMichaelTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • You don't have to explain something you never said

Last updated at 10:35 AM on 4th February 2012

Leslie Carter endured a long battle with mental illness and depression before overdosing, according to a police report.
The sister of Nick and Aaron Carter died on Monday in New York at just 25, leaving behind a 10-month-old daughter Allysa Jane and husband, Mike Ashton.

There were three drugs found near Carter, according to an incident report obtained by ABC News - Olanzapine, used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder; Cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant; and Alprazolam, used to treat anxiety or panic disorders, also known as Xanax.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just a young girl!

So sad, she just was out of that filthy business...

Indeed, they prescribe killer stuff to moderately depressed people
who could do without ANY pills {I do for at least 10 years, NO WAY I take
that cr*p! Stay clean, stay sober.} and look what happens - they get addicted
ASAP, they turn impossibly desperate without pills and then we get another
"Tragic loss today.." headline.
They adore that bipolar disorder diagnosis these days! Of course, instead of helping
ppl to improve condition naturally, they overdose them with chemical sh*t, killing
brain chemistry to the point of no return. Sick.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

@Aidan - I would appreciate it, if you'd get it straight: She suffered a treatable Mental Illness! "Big Pharma" didn't cause her illness - so please get off your bandwagon with her. Normally, a doctor will prescribe meds AND send the person to a therapist!! YOU are responsible to follow through, as an ADULT.

- An insider reveals that not only was Leslie battling a prescription drug addiction, she felt neglected by most of her family members.
Leslie Carter seemed to have it all: a devoted husband, a darling 10-month-old girl and a famous family. But a source tells HollywoodLife.com that the fame tore Leslie’s family apart and that she grew distant from her siblings over the past several years.

“Leslie was depressed,” a source tells us. “She was battling a major addiction and yes, it was a surprise when she suddenly died. But before anyone even said what caused it, everyone thought the same thing. She battled a prescription drug addiction for a while.  Some think that she was even battling from postpartum depression, too.”

Leslie, 25, was one of five kids — Nick, Bobbie Jean, Aaron Carter and his twin sister Angel Carter.

“Everyone in that family is trying to make it in Hollywood and it caused jealousy and pitted some of them against each other,” our source says. “When Leslie got married, several members of her family didn’t even attend. Close friends definitely find it strange that Nick isn’t taking time off to go be with his family and he’s instead performing in NYC — even though he did dedicate his tour to her. Many think the way the family is handling it is very bizarre.”

Aaron did take to Twitter on Feb. 2 to express his profound grief over Leslie’s death: “#broken #distraught #pain #confusion #disbelief #agony #Anger #lost #Sad #Family #LeslieCarter #empty #Leslie #dazed #Heaven #Sister”

We spoke to the Coroner’s Office on Feb. 1 and they told HollywoodLife.com that they released Leslie’s body to the family and that the autopsy was complete. Funeral arrangements for Leslie have yet to be announced. The toxicology report could take four to six weeks for the results.

— Chloe Melas

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last updated at 10:35 AM on 4th February 2012

Leslie Carter endured a long battle with mental illness and depression before overdosing, according to a police report.
The sister of Nick and Aaron Carter died on Monday in New York at just 25, leaving behind a 10-month-old daughter Allysa Jane and husband, Mike Ashton.

There were three drugs found near Carter, according to an incident report obtained by ABC News - Olanzapine, used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder; Cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant; and Alprazolam, used to treat anxiety or panic disorders, also known as Xanax.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I saw some news about this on TMZ,last night,sad very sad  :'( .If I remember correct Macaulay Culkins sister died too in 2008 ,but not because of drugs.
R.I. P. Leslie Carter  :( .

Nick Carter Taking Time Off Following Sister's Death

Nick Carter has two more stops on his tour, but after that the singer plans on taking some time off to grieve following the death of his sister ... sources close to Carter tell TMZ.

According to our sources, Carter will play the last two tour dates (tonight in Chicago and tomorrow in Columbus) in memory of his sister Leslie, who passed away on January 31.

After that, we're told Nick will not schedule any more appearances ... and will take a couple of weeks to go off and deal with his sister's death. Our sources say Nick is still dealing with the fact that he missed her funeral.

As TMZ previously reported, the Carter family believes Leslie overdosed on prescription drugs.

See also

Nick, Aaron's Sister Leslie Carter Dead at 25
    Leslie Carter -- Prescription Drugs Suspected in Death
    Nick Carter -- Nobody Told Me About My Sister Leslie's Funeral
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

How can people die on the same drugs I'm taking!? HOW!? I've screamed this into the night, as I count my pills, making sure I put the correct number into my morning, afternoon, and night minders for the week.

Oh, wait...I've also signed an agreement with Pain Management, and see her every month! I get spinals a few times per year, and I don't exercise to look great - I exercise so I can move around, without stooping. The side effects are wonderful, but that isn't the reason. Exercise 3 - 5x week, 30+ minutes per day worth of therapy, is part of my Pain Management schedule.

If my my multiple pains break through what I take, I'm allowed 2 different types of meds - neither anything a normal person can take.
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL nor CAFFEINE is allowed, as it causes a sort of Wind-Up problem with me, at bedtime.

It does pain me, horribly to see, die of what I take. But then, I don't sit there and swallow the entire bottle! I take only what's in my minder, for the day, every 6 hours, like clockwork. I don't deviate from it - because my life is valuable to me.

When I get depressed, I sit on my balcony, and nap or read, with a cool breeze blowing, as the sun shines gently in the wind.

It's been 10 years I've fought this CNS, Fibro monster. I suffer differently than most; I'm still not in a wheelchair full time like I was promised I'd be in, back in 2002. I refuse. Sure, I may get tired easily - but I meditate to help diffuse the pain.

I moved back to a home studio, I work half weeks mostly, and all nighters when the mood strikes me right, and I just can't stop.

My point? I adjusted to my illness, instead of taking higher levels of drugs to keep up with a fast pace. I slowed down, enjoy life more. I'd rather be slightly slower and a perfectionist, and hire out people to pick up my slack to hit my deadlines.

That's the best way I've found to deal with all the drugs given to deal with it; and it works best on a schedule.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Tink, not everyone can "adjust" to anything, and mind you all people come
from different surroundings, experienced different types of abuse and psychological
pressure and, if we don't have real schizophrenia, all these "bipolar disorders"
and "anxieties" can be dealt with without medication, via good food, good therapy [that
doesn't exist in most places] and that is nothing but talking and money making
from air and our LONELINESS {I tried that and I know that}, OR through grand family
support. That's why that bond is important. People get LONELY, closed,
and seek wrong types of help - but ppl can die from taking Aspirin, you know.
But they won't take a bottle of Aspirin at once because they do not expect
Aspirin to "help them sleep" or to "make me happy and cheerful again" or to
"make bad thoughts go away".
Don't project your experience on everyone - unstable young girls, abandoned by
family, should NOT get heavy stuff available as they will overdose sleeping pills
very likely, don't blame the patient! In US it sounds like every 2nd person has pharmacy
in his fridge, it's SHOCKING for me to learn how many pills you get, even young kids!
It's not THE solution, and all the "treatable mental disorders" are often a fraud
when real problem stays the same - loneliness, abandonment, lack of communication
between people like family members. Pills can't help them to get in touch with loved ones again,
pills are not company to confide in.

My friend, poor lady, got that "bipolar" diagnosis {they stamp you with it easily, only happy
to get new lifelong client!} and they gave her so many pills, so she is now addicted - she gets
serious withdrawal symptoms and it's scary - when she had no access to that cr*p,
sorry never knew drug "names" as we're in different countries and it all goes under various
names, she can't stay "clean" anymore because she can't get through withdrawal,
 and indeed she has it WORSE than before she started the "treatment". She now has
serious weight issues - she thinks it's all connected, but I never dug that much, so
 I suppose since medicine in no way makes her a happy person, she is just as unhappy
with her life if not more, she eats more as most depressed ppl do. She's fairly poor and that
medicine takes a lot of her money. She's their slave for life now and she's easy to control, too.
Her personality changed a lot, too. And yes, the real problem she started with was good
old LONELINESS and lack of contact, like personal, intimate contact. Life is too fast and
we are so preoccupied with ourselves, our jobs, we don't notice ones who need help as simple
as sincere conversations on a regular basis. We can't trust each other so we avoid confidence
and real friendships, we think new stuff or pills can make us happy and "complete" again,
while it's not true.

NO WAY I'll ever blame a girl for being abandoned and desperate. "Good doctor" should
learn about his patient first, so he would know what's safe what's not. But good old Dr.
cares only for money in most cases.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
@Aidan81

You are 100% on the rite track. "mental illness, depression, bi-polar", those are ALL MADE-UP DISEASES just so BIG PHARMA can keep the physiatrists in business. For those on medication on these "diseases" you've been deceived into thinking you have this disease. Like I have said, I have been on 3 to 4 different meds at one time thinking I needed them, because ......I was sad sometimes..........i got a pill........I was depressed sometimes.........I got another pill...........My body ached.......I got another pill...........I got angry sometimes........I got another pill..........I couldn't sleep sometimes..........I got another pill..........I couldn't focus sometimes............I got another pill........I got leg cramps (restless leg symdrome).......I got another pill I cried sometimes...........I got another pill.......I felt exhausted sometimes...........I got another pill...........C'mon American's this is how it operates.

If you have any emotions showing at all for anything...........go get a pill........dumb you down.......

And when I took myself off all these "bullshit disease drugs", guess what? I've never felt better. I changed the vitamin & mineral intake, & took cetain things from my diet out of my diet.

The same reason why people over eat, because they eat EMPTY CALORIES, because they eat food that gives them NO nutritional value. Then keep eating to get the nutritional value they could've eaten in one meal or supplied vitamins with it.

Because I took myself off my meds & keep getting asked from my doctor about my emotions & getting put back on "in case" I  need them, I'm more control of my mind than ever.

I've come to the conclusion that if American's continue to deny what's put in front of them about BIG PHARMA, & they are currently ANY medication for any "man-made disease", American's will not see the truth, until you get off those medications & open your mind to the fact you've been deceived.

Trust me, I get so mad to think I was conned that long thinking I had depression, ADHD, anxiety, etc......man what a joke.

As for Leslie Carter, having family issues. Everyone does. Leslie Carter was introduced real early to BIG PHARMA, she didn't have the knowledge to know how dangerous these drugs really are.

@Tink

Personally I don't care to know what kind of problems people have with their family. It's not my business. What should be American's concern is that BIG PHARMA is over medicating....Period.
This is intentional. Its intentonal that they keep you un-informed about the dangers. Sure they give you side effects, really who reads that "intentional small print"? yes it's up to the patient to read them.

How about medical doctors just telling you, "take vitamins & minerals", "you dont need medication" yea right.!!

So all the "childhood issues", everyone has them, I do. I was at one time, thought medication would be the answer. Now I just get pissed when I see how many American's are so "dumb down", then I'm the enemy, & conspiracy theorist because I try to warn them.

Well the next a loved one gets taken away from you. American's better start asking questions. Why don't you ask your doctor of how many people die from prescritption medications???? whether its overdose or not???

And when the mind altering drug didn't immediately take away her 'unhappy" feelings......go get another pill.......to make those feeliings go away.......if they don't go away.........go get another pill.........see people this is what's it all about.........

BIG PHARMA doesn't want people to FEEL THEIR EMOTIONS, they want them suppressed.

American's are easier to control when over 50% can't think for themselves.....MISSION ONCE AGAIN ACCOMPLISHED.....NEXT!........

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@Aidan81

You are 100% on the rite track. "mental illness, depression, bi-polar", those are ALL MADE-UP DISEASES just so BIG PHARMA can keep the physiatrists in business. For those on medication on these "diseases" you've been deceived into thinking you have this disease. Like I have said, I have been on 3 to 4 different meds at one time thinking I needed them, because ......I was sad sometimes..........i got a pill........I was depressed sometimes.........I got another pill...........My body ached.......I got another pill...........I got angry sometimes........I got another pill..........I couldn't sleep sometimes..........I got another pill..........I couldn't focus sometimes............I got another pill........I got leg cramps (restless leg symdrome).......I got another pill I cried sometimes...........I got another pill.......I felt exhausted sometimes...........I got another pill...........C'mon American's this is how it operates.

If you have any emotions showing at all for anything...........go get a pill........dumb you down.......

And when I took myself off all these "bullshit disease drugs", guess what? I've never felt better. I changed the vitamin & mineral intake, & took cetain things from my diet out of my diet.

The same reason why people over eat, because they eat EMPTY CALORIES, because they eat food that gives them NO nutritional value. Then keep eating to get the nutritional value they could've eaten in one meal or supplied vitamins with it.

Because I took myself off my meds & keep getting asked from my doctor about my emotions & getting put back on "in case" I  need them, I'm more control of my mind than ever.

I've come to the conclusion that if American's continue to deny what's put in front of them about BIG PHARMA, & they are currently ANY medication for any "man-made disease", American's will not see the truth, until you get off those medications & open your mind to the fact you've been deceived.

Trust me, I get so mad to think I was conned that long thinking I had depression, ADHD, anxiety, etc......man what a joke.

As for Leslie Carter, having family issues. Everyone does. Leslie Carter was introduced real early to BIG PHARMA, she didn't have the knowledge to know how dangerous these drugs really are.

@Tink

Personally I don't care to know what kind of problems people have with their family. It's not my business. What should be American's concern is that BIG PHARMA is over medicating....Period.
This is intentional. Its intentonal that they keep you un-informed about the dangers. Sure they give you side effects, really who reads that "intentional small print"? yes it's up to the patient to read them.

How about medical doctors just telling you, "take vitamins & minerals", "you dont need medication" yea right.!!

So all the "childhood issues", everyone has them, I do. I was at one time, thought medication would be the answer. Now I just get pissed when I see how many American's are so "dumb down", then I'm the enemy, & conspiracy theorist because I try to warn them.

Well the next a loved one gets taken away from you. American's better start asking questions. Why don't you ask your doctor of how many people die from prescritption medications???? whether its overdose or not???

And when the mind altering drug didn't immediately take away her 'unhappy" feelings......go get another pill.......to make those feeliings go away.......if they don't go away.........go get another pill.........see people this is what's it all about.........

BIG PHARMA doesn't want people to FEEL THEIR EMOTIONS, they want them suppressed.

American's are easier to control when over 50% can't think for themselves.....MISSION ONCE AGAIN ACCOMPLISHED.....NEXT!........
Totally agree with this post.Big Pharma only cares about making money,they don't care how many people lose their lives,by accidental overdoses.The only thing they care about is racking up billions,while thousands die every year,because of the poison that's in those tiny bottles.The shit has to stop.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ u are so beautiful,inside and out,u truly are a gift from God.I love u,brother.

A majority of doctors will prescribe anything for non existent problems because they make money doing it. Last year I had to go to the hospital because I got chemicals in both my eyes and it hurt really bad, so I got freaked out. I told the doctor and the nurse what exactly happened, and the doctor said I had pink eye and gave me a pink eye prescription! Lol. Then one time, I hurt my finger, it was super swollen and my mom had me go in to see if it was broken. They x-rayed me and said "well it's not fractured so it's broken" My mom and I looked at each other like wtf? Lol, that statement alone doesn't even make sense. So they put me in a splint, and two days later it still hurt a little but I could move it. Definitely wasn't broken. And even a few years back, my school made my mom get me a therapist, and they ended up trying to prescribe me so many pills, even a tranquilizer. When I refused they sent me to another hospital which had a psych ward, to be "evaluated". They asked me if my stomach hurt. I was like uh a little? Because I was NERVOUS, and I had no idea why I was there. So they tricked me with that question and said I needed an x-ray, just because my stomach hurt, which I said was from being nervous. Then they drew so much blood I almost passed out. While you're at the hospital they try to rack up your bill as much as they can. This whole system just sucks.

My mom has severe Fibromyalgia, arthritis, and she's had carpel tunnel since she was a kid and she's never taken one pill for it. (besides her natural supplements) I feel really bad for all the people who get addicted to this stuff. It really is worse than illegal street drugs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
@ilovemjforever
@empyreal

I'm so glad there are people seeing what the prescription drugs are doing. This isn't even about health anymore. It's all about control, power, greed, money, & drugs. Doctors took an oath, ----never to harm----what the hell happened? Yes, it's funny how doctors just don't even "listen" to their patients. Yea, you go in for nerves, I'm not suprised they wanted to do an x-ray. Not only pump more radiation in you, but they we're hoping youi'd fall for another "made-up disease" & I got the cure........AMERICAN'S....GET THIS RIGHT......THEY WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER FIND A CURE FOR ANY CANCER!!!!  .....THERE IS NO MONEY IN THE CURE...AGAIN.....THERE IS NO MONEY IN THE CURE!!!

If you know someone that has cancer, if they are going medical chemo route....say your goodbyes NOW!

The whole medical military complex is designed to keep American's sick, on drugs, in debt, fearful, among a few.

This isn't about keeping us healthy. As long as people keep believing their medication is keeping them alive, & things have "stablized" in their health because of it, your being FOOLED AGAIN!

How many people have to die? boycott taking medication! Arm yourself with KNOWLEDGE of the dangers, & the medical agenda.

Guys & gals, they are not hiding this information. Because I wanted off all my medications, when someone told me about the dangers, I wanted to prove them wrong. I wanted to tell them "show me the proof",
"i'm not wasting my times on opinions" ,  & www. naturalnews.com has NEVER NEVER steered me wrong.

The truth is too much to bear I understand, but your life depends on it.

Beautiful talented people have been robbed of their life due to BIG PHARMA!

Anyone who's on medication reading this.....ask yourself could I be taking something natural for this?......Do I really even have this "man-made disease"?.........Is my doctor pushing me to take more medication?.......Is my doctor trying to refer to a therapist?????..........Does my doctor want to do unwanted testing????........

Because alot of symtoms are caused by all food we eat & sugars we consume, the "fake symptoms" are usually something else.....like fibromyalga .....can be linked to fake symptoms, which are exactly like aspertane poisoning. Look it up. Are you drinking diet sodas? & have similiar symptoms to fibromyalga?   

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

I research my fibro medications, pain medications, CNS medications - before I go to the doctor. I'm the one who brings the list of the latest, greatest
meds, TO MY DOCTORS! We then see what's covered, and where to go from there.

Now - doesn't that sound like a much better way to work with your doctors? Because that's how I roll. I'm up front about it. If they don't like it,
I'll find another one, who's interested in treating me like an actual patient with a BRAIN.

I research, I study, I'm working on being as healthy as can be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink, YOU are doing it right, safe way. YOU know how it should be done,
YOU educated yourself about that when you had time. Or maybe someone
wise told you to keep an eye on everything yourself.
Again, I made same mistakes earlier in life - I call that mistakes - projected MY experience
and knowledge on others and was annoyed when others acted "not my way".
But now I know they are not to blame for that! How would they know
what to do? Not everyone is born with abnormal "6th sense" or intuition.
Young ones, they have no idea they should research anything.
They do not know how to do that!
Ppl already hooked up on pills - they don't control it anymore, either not allowed
to or literally can not, such thoughts already do not cross their cloudy minds.
Also, BIG factor - most people TRUST doctors, blindly. We are told to trust
them all our life, and most people do. Any doctors. Till they have some horrid personal
experience, but then they are still made to believe it was just an "accident" and they
should keep trusting all Drs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
@aidan81

Problem with young kids going in for depression & anxiety, into doctors office, is that the crap they are already loaded in our foods & water, drinks, etc....& because they want to do all this non-needed screening for bi-polar, depression, etc.... these young kids are getting put on medication as low as age 2, which is wrecking havoc with the brain that is just developing. So now we've dumbed down our next generation.

History has been with EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL SHOOTING, the student had been on a prescription medication for either depression, anxiety, etc....which is totally sabatoging their brain,

Dumbing Down America..........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Again, I made same mistakes earlier in life - I call that mistakes - projected MY experience
Ppl already hooked up on pills - they don't control it anymore, either not allowed
them all our life, and most people do. Any doctors. Till they have some horrid personal
experience, but then they are still made to believe it was just an "accident" and they

You both are right  /bravo/

I personally thank God for my prescription.  This isn't something I can just stop taking, and it's alarming to me that someone would just up and just stop taking something if they have something like a life threatening condition.  Not ALL prescriptions are evil.  The bulk of this has to do with addiction, and people just flat out misusing them.  But also, carelessness plays a role too.  Like taking an anti anxiety med, and without thought a few hours later, taking a sleeping pill = dangerous. 

You learn really quick that you are your only advocate.  You have to be willing to research everything.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Not all doctors are evil, but you'll know really quick which ones aren't worth their weight in salt.  The good docs will listen and happily answer questions and address concerns.  They are the ones that aren't pushing anti depressants samples at you if you just complain of having a bad day (ran into that- no joke) - she wasn't my doc after that.   While I think there could be some checks and balances and better regulation, I don't like blanketing all prescriptions under this one big bad "evil" blanket.   There does need to be some major changes though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

You both are right  /bravo/

I personally thank God for my prescription.  This isn't something I can just stop taking, and it's alarming to me that someone would just up and just stop taking something if they have something like a life threatening condition.  Not ALL prescriptions are evil.  The bulk of this has to do with addiction, and people just flat out misusing them.  But also, carelessness plays a role too.  Like taking an anti anxiety med, and without thought a few hours later, taking a sleeping pill = dangerous. 

You learn really quick that you are your only advocate.  You have to be willing to research everything.  Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Not all doctors are evil, but you'll know really quick which ones aren't worth their weight in salt.  The good docs will listen and happily answer questions and address concerns.  They are the ones that aren't pushing anti depressants samples at you if you just complain of having a bad day (ran into that- no joke) - she wasn't my doc after that.   While I think there could be some checks and balances and better regulation, I don't like blanketing all prescriptions under this one big bad "evil" blanket.   There does need to be some major changes though.

@Aidan - You make me blush. I saw what happened to my mom, when she was depressed & unhappy with my dad. The docs gave her valium, & other stuff called "Mother's little helpers" back in the '70s. Only divorce helped to ease her mental anguish, sadly.

I learned. I read. I observed...and yes - I did toy with being a doctor myself, and got that mindset, which freaks them out those who just take what they're told. I force the docs to give me my pound of flesh, during my appointment - and theirs.

@MJfan - I have my meds broken up into morning, mid-day, and bedtime cycles. You are completely correct, that you just can't take morning at nighttime with some of these. And, yes - I do have a life threatening condition mixed up in all of this. If I stopped everything, it would most likely kill me. I have a MEDALERT bracelet.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal