~Souza~Topic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
30 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's Estate is going after Tohme Tohme, MJ's former manager, claiming he fleeced the singer out of millions of dollars.

TMZ has obtained legal docs filed by the Estate, claiming Tohme got Michael to sign agreements that earned him a fortune for doing nothing. 

According to the papers, Estate attorney Howard Weitzman claims Tohme got MJ to agree to pay him $35,000 a month plus expenses as a flat fee -- regardless of what work Tohme performed.  On top of that, Tohme inked a deal that gave him 15% of any money Michael made.

And there's more ...Tohme introduced Michael to a lender that refinanced Neverland.  In return, Tohme got Jackson to pay him $2.4 million -- just for the introduction.   And Tohme got MJ to promise him 10% of any profits if the Ranch was sold.

Tohme also got MJ to agree to pay him $100,000 a month for the "This Is It" tour.

Estate lawyers are anticipating a lawsuit by Tohme against the estate for the money he claims he's owed, and the Estate wants to shut him down before a suit is filed.

The Estate is also asking for damages.

BTW, Michael fired Tohme 3 months before he died.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
WOW!
There is more justice to be done.
I didn't expect this.
But I don't understand though......MJ wasn't stupid to give him a flat fee of 35000 for nothing. There must be something more behind.
Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:36:41 PM by GINAFELICIA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I don't know what to make of Tohme Tohme.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

In all this time we haven't heard from Tohme, the ever mysterious. This article kinda makes MJ out to be stupid financially,  TT a crook, and the Estate the saviors.  Questions: is he still with MJ in hiding and that's why the payments, why wasn't he on the witness stand, and how does TMZ get these documents?  Hm...
And why was he standing in front of the painting of MJ and the book? 

Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:40:56 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
And all the other benefits - 15% and everything...no it does not make sense. MJ lost his mind????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loyalfan

could this be part of michaels "pay back" list................it takes time to sort all these things out,so maybe we will have to wait until he has "sorted" these people out...xxx just a thought out loud here xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

So where does this fit in??

Source:  ABC News

M.J. Advisor: $5.5M Was 'Secret Between Jackson and Me'

July 25, 2009

Dr. Tohme Tohme, a former Michael Jackson financial advisor, is the man who turned over more than $5 million of Michael Jackson's money to the late pop star's estate, ABC News has learned.

Tohme, a former financial advisor to Jackson, did not return calls from ABC News but told the Associated Press that the money had been "a secret between Michael and me."

Administrators of Jackson's estate said in court papers filed Friday that they recovered $5.5 million in cash from "one of Michael Jackson's former financial advisers" and also recovered "substantial amounts of tangible personal property," not necessarily from the same person.

But Tohme said the money "was not recovered."

"I had the money and I gave it to them. It was a secret between Michael and me," he said.

Tohme said the money came from recording residuals and was earmarked by Jackson for the purchase of what was to be his "dream home" in Las Vegas. He told the AP that he was in negotiations for the home when Jackson died.

"He said, 'Don't tell anyone about this money,'" Tohme said. "But when he passed away I told them I had this money, and I gave it to them."

Tohme also turned over items from the pop star's Neverland estate that were once scheduled to be auctioned.

More of the article at this link:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tohme got Michael to sign agreements that earned him a fortune for doing nothing. 

Tohme got MJ to agree to pay him $35,000 a month plus expenses as a flat fe

Tohme got Jackson to pay him $2.4 million -- just for the introduction.   

Tohme got MJ to promise him 10% of any profits if the Ranch was sold.

Tohme also got MJ to agree to pay him $100,000 a month for the "This Is It" tour.

Read between the lines...

Either Tohme Tohme is one very persuasive, charmer who woos the pants off of anyone and just gets people to do things or we have something else going on here.....  How could Tohme POSSIBLY get MJ, who is NOT STUPID to do all those things?

THREATENED

Yeah there's no accident that they put this last line in the article

BTW, Michael fired Tohme 3 months before he died.

Connect the dots.

Non-believers would say that Tohme (or his "people") did MJ in.  Believers would say MJ escaped.  Bottomline whether MJ escaped or not, Tohme was part of IMHO a case of full out extortion.  Period.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

@pepper as to where that article fits in.... uh anyone who would be part of extortion, possibly directly or indirectly threatening someone life (or life of loved ones), to me would not be above flat out lying!

Again, this is all just speculation on my part.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's all very interesting and quite confusing, for sure.

I totally agree with the comments above...where does it all fit in? Is he the subject of Operation PayBACK? Is he really a good steward that is the scapegoat for the Estate? Did he have ill intention or was Michael overly generous? Why was he fired 3 months before the 02 concerts were to begin and why has he waited almost three years to try and recover what he thinks he's owed? Did he wait for the trial to be over as to not draw attention to himself? Is there something with the length of time that we need to be mindful of? Or, perhaps the dates?

Between the 100,000 for Thome and 150,000 for Dr Murray would there have been anything left for Michael...if indeed the 02 concerts were supposed to really happen?

Blessings

EDIT: I saw Lil Wendy's comments and fully agree. 3 months before June was March/April. I think that was about the same time that the mystery question/comment was posted on MichaelJackson.com, wasn't it? The question asked people if they would sacrifice their concert money to Michael if he were unable to perform.

EDIT: 3 months prior was a little after the 02 announcements and we've all seen the pictures of Thome Thome and MJ at the 02 - where he was grabbing Michael around the arm and Michael didn't look happy at all about it.
Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:39:33 PM by voiceforthesilent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

party/

methinks this is the beginning.....' /bravo/ /bravo/Twill be interesting if criminal charges evolve................
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
WOW!
There is more justice to be done.
I didn't expect this.
But I don't understand though......MJ wasn't stupid to give him a flat fee of 35000 for nothing. There must be something more behind.

I agree with you...but I am really happy for Mike  michael-jackson/.....all the truth are finally coming out....  crash/  moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Andrea

Just a thought - what if Michael was 'paying' Tohme to set up some stuff for post-hoax?  There would've been a lot of planning and money for the hoax to be pulled off so if MJ needed help, what better way then to pay someone huge amounts to get sorted what needs sorted.  Does that make sense?

Like I said above, I don't know what to make of Tohme.  I don't like to let the media depict for me whether someone is  evil or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Like I said above, I don't know what to make of Tohme.  I don't like to let the media depict for me whether someone is  evil or not.

Actually Andrea, you make a very good point there.  Media does depict people in a certain light.  It's all manipulation one way or another.  My comments above could be 100% biased as they are based on media's depiction. hmmm.... self check :-)  Thanks for reminding me of this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OMG Tohme Tohme I have always doubted him.  I remember the tape that Michael’s advisor allowed to be heard on the internet where Michael said that tohme was controlling/mishandling his finances and he wanted him out and that he was afraid of him. I also posted about him man handling Michael in those pictures.  He was  the person who turned Barrack onto Anschultz.  I know that he is in this up to his neck.  I despise him.  I am so glad that he is being investigated.  But the person who’s bring the charges concerns me also.  I don’t have any love for John Branca. Period.  Could be that he’s playing the game of I’ll get you before you get me.  They both make my skin crawl.
Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:04:51 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

paula-c

I remember the June 25 it was said that Tohme was in the house and was the he had dismissed employees, Tohme was in the hospital on the side of Jermaine,Tohme accompany the body until the helicopter..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions