Move Over, Tupac—Michael Jackson Hologram
April 18, 2012, 03:00:56 PM
"...And he may be with them afterall. Jackie said a Michael hologram could very well be part of a bigger tour they're planning for next year after they release a new album with their recently reunited record label Motown."

Move Over, Tupac—Michael Jackson Hologram Could "Absolutely" Go On Tour With His Brothers

If the late Tupac Shakur could put on a show, so could Michael Jackson.

Yes, a hologram of the King of Pop may be going on tour…

The late music legend's brothers Jermaine, Jackie, Tito and Marlon just announced that they are joining together for Unity Tour 2012, a 27-city jaunt that kicks off June 18 in Louisville.

It marks the first time they've toured together since the Victory Tour in 1984.

"I just wish Michael was here with us, but I'm sure his spirit will be in the house," Jackie exclusively told me this morning.

And he may be with them afterall. Jackie said a Michael hologram could very well be part of a bigger tour they're planning for next year after they release a new album with their recently reunited record label Motown.

"It could have Michael—absolutely," he said. "Wouldn't that be wonderful? As a matter of fact, we had that idea two years ago for Michael's Cirque du Soleil show."

The brothers are still working on the set list for Unity. "There are so many songs," Jackie said. "That's the hardest part because we want to include all the favorites and not leave anything out. We're going to sing some of Michael's stuff, too. We're going to honor him on the stage. He'd want us to do our thing to the best of our ability."

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:02:31 PM by mindseye
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

diggyon

I am not much aware of holograms, but is it technically possible that someone could  play his own hologram? 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I guess that's bad news, isn't it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not really. I mean...they had to say SOMETHING when asked, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

Do

Jermaine wrote in his book (page 415) that by 2008, Michael had made a 4/5 year plan, which not only included the This Is It concerts, but also other spot dates and two other tours with AEG. Some time AFTER 2011, one of those extra tours was to be a final REUNION with the Jackson 5! This would be mother Katherine's big wish before she died, and Michael promised that they would do that for her (according to Jermaine). So.......who needs a hologram if we can get the real deal!!  :michael-jackson: (we still know he's not dead, eh?)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

pikachu

Move Over, Tupac—Michael Jackson Hologram Could "Absolutely" Go On Tour With His Brothers

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
will YOU still care? will YOU be there??.. ah, well, sure... life is not a song...

Tink

I am not much aware of holograms, but is it technically possible that someone could  play his own hologram?

Madonna did that in the 2006 Grammy's, when she interacted directly with the Gorillaz Holograms! Nobody noticed, she came up from under the stage, etc. I noticed the change over, because the corset, the leg stockings were different, when she "reappeared" with the dancers, lol. The first 2 minutes of her, WAS a Hologram!!

So, yes; completely viable, especially with the Eyeliner system.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

everlastinglove_MJ

"Wouldn't that be wonderful? As a matter of fact, we had that idea (hologram of MJ) two years ago for Michael's Cirque du Soleil show."
Michael had that idea. I bet he has big innovative plans on a long term :icon_e_wink:
Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:46:16 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Andrea

Remember lightman floating above the stage 'dazzling in video information'  - 'and piece by piece by piece by piece MJ is revealed'... maybe the hologram is a piece? Or more?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GooyC24NOdY[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

@Andrea - A live Hologram could actually react, and interact with the audience, which would blow their minds - especially if they answered back on the fly, without pre-recorded information. Madonna's hologram was all pre-recorded, non-interactive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Andrea

An interactive hologram is actually kinda scary if you think about it - imagine how many things could be faked if we're not told that it's a hologram and someone(s) is trying to pass something as real and genuine. 

If, for example, TPTB need to create an excuse to do something - like start a war, increase security measures, anything else they have in mind - they could do that by making the public think they are seeing something that isn't actually happening.  The public generally reacts the way they're guided to by the media so the outcome of that reaction will be what TPTB are looking for (thanks to the holographic images) and the 'governments' will react according to 'public outcry' by doing what they planned all along.  They just needed a reason which the holographic vision gives them.  And they're doing what the people 'demand' which is the really sick part because the general population doesn't understand what's really going on.

And of course, an interactive hologram makes me think of Project Blue Beam.

I know I went all conspiracy-minded there but I can't help the way I think.  These are troubling times we live in.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Stuff the hologram, give us the real thing  :icon_lol:

But on the serious side Pac's hologram was too real, I mean all the details on his torso, the lines in his pants, him looking like he was standing on the actual stage, I mean whoever made the hologram is too far in the future to come up with that...

....By the way, does anyone think this was Pac's 'comeback'?
Also one more question...ahaha...

.....MJ always wanted to be the first to comeback after faking his death, but did he think he would be the first one out of Tupac and Elvis, I know it seems a little bit silly, but how did he think that would work out?
Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:51:01 PM by use_your_illusion
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

gwynned

Stuff the hologram, give us the real thing  :icon_lol:

But on the serious side Pac's hologram was too real, I mean all the details on his torso, the lines in his pants, him looking like he was standing on the actual stage, I mean whoever made the hologram is too far in the future to come up with that...

....By the way, does anyone think this was Pac's 'comeback'?
Also one more question...ahaha...

.....MJ always wanted to be the first to comeback after faking his death, but did he think he would be the first one out of Tupac and Elvis, I know it seems a little bit silly, but how did he think that would work out?

My understanding of a hologram is that it is a 3D light projection of a REAL thing/person.  Think Princess Leah in Star Wars.   If that's the case, did they build a 3D Tupac and move him around and then project him on stage?  And what about his voice?  Coachella didn't exist before he 'died.'   Sorry, I'm not buying it.  And who owns the 'hologram' ?  We ain't heard nothing from Tupac's family.  When Hologram Tupac goes on tour, who gets the revenue?

LunaJo's recent video is an interview with the President of Cirque who explained how difficult it would be to make a hologram.  They would have to find a dancer who had the movements just like Michael, etc. 

In any case, Hologram Tupac has a Twitter account.  It's pretty funny.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

They have been flirting with the idea of a MJ hologram since 2009 at the VMAs (I think it was). Talk about fodder for hoax theories... way back then we thought perhaps it would be actually MJ, not a hologram. They kept hinting, we kept waiting with baited breath...

Hologram never made it's appearance though.

Maybe this time for real?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Not really. I mean...they had to say SOMETHING when asked, right?

I thought the same, that Jackie had to say something!
And that it's interesting they're planning a bigger tour with a new album next year.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal