blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's also about your perspective. I don't see things like the way you see. To me Michael's hair doesn't look like a fake and the incident looks so real as well. The pain in his eyes was so real when they were taking him to the hospital. I don't believe Michael's entire life is a lie created by him. And the things I read till now about this "accident" being a fake, didn't change my mind about it as they don't make any sense to me. I understand that we try to prove that our opinion is the truth but I don't think that we need to push it so hard, if you know what I'm saying ...

I agree with PureLove that the incident was real. There are some pictures on the internet that show Michael in hospital after the burn incident. He looks ill and therefore I do not wish to post them here out of respect.

I revised the video ... :icon_cry: :icon_cry:  I agree totally with you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

I believe Michael’s hair and scalp was burned. Never thought that was a hoax.  It is always covered now with wigs and pieces.  Before then, he didn’t have to wear either.  I don’t believe that Michael would wear them just for show.  His hair was beautiful and it had to be psychologically depressing to lose it like that.  To me, that was tragic, but not out of the norm for all the other tragedies that seemed to follow him.  Vitiligo. lupus and Joe being the major ones.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

everlastinglove_MJ

@Katie2: I'm sorry to hear about your burning accident. Thank you for your courage to share this.   :bearhug:

In "Moonwalk" Michael wrote that he had 3rd-degree burns on the back of his head and that the doctors had told him it was a miracle that he was alive. It must have hurt terribly :icon_e_sad: Michael could have sued Pepsi and they knew that, but Michael didn't and he donated the money, which he received from Pepsi, to The Michael Jackson Burn Center. :smiley_abuv: The Pepsi crew didn't even check on Michael after the accident because they were too scared of being sued and the negative commercial consequences :icon_evil:

quote SweetsunsetwithMJ:
2nd: Why is Michael wearing his famous sparkly glove (famous MJ's cliché) outside the sheets while he is being transported on the stretcher to the hospital??
I read in "Moonwalk" that after the Pepsi accident when he arrived at the hospital inspite of suffering from a terrible pain and being in a shock, he asked for his glove because he was told there were news crews outside. So there's a famous shot of Michael waving from the stretcher with his glove on.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
@Everlasting... thank you for clarifying me the glove issue.

It must have been terrible for Michael to go through that awful experience, I wish it  never happened, I'll tell you the truth I am confused about it and I feel very very sad when I hear something that hurted Michael.   :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

bec

Thank, Grace for at least posing a credible argument.

Lol @curls, I didn't catch that for a second.

One more thing, in that Pepsi video, we never actually see MJ's hair on fire. There is only smoke. Is "on fire" an ASSumption fed by a suggestion? In the videos I reviewed of people setting their hair on fire as a joke/stunt, there is no smoke, only flames. On MJ's head, where would the smoke come from?

There is a flame and it is getting larger and feeding off the hair (or wig).
The amount of smoke during the spin however is not explainable to me other than the hair (or other smoke developing medium) burned.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DUx43z_-w&feature=related[/youtube]

In order to extinguish a fire, one has to block oxygen supply (like with a fire blanket). The spin was thought to have a similar effect like blowing out a candle.

This hairdresser uses fire and there is a flame and some smoke.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTD4N6kike4[/youtube]

Youngster prank videos on youtube where the prank went wrong (probably using barbecue gelled paste or liquid) show mostly some smoke and the persons were left with burns afterwards.

The videos showing illusion flames do not show any smoke - therefore it is not the hair burning but only the professional liquid or gelled paste applied to it.

To address your points,

I didn't see the flame in the Pepsi footage, perhaps I missed it.

I was referencing amateur YouTube videos, for hair on fire, you know the type: some dumb guy showing off for his friends. I looked at 3 comparable videos, all three subjects had their hair on fire for as long as, or many seconds longer then, MJ in the Pepsi footage. All three used an accelerant. So I am confident that it is possible to have your hair lit on fire for that length of time and walk away unscathed.

Just a note: I didn't actually review professional pyrotechnics footage, because I thought it common knowledge this is possible.

Three possible scenarios to an alleged hair on fire prank:

-MJ's hair was truly lit on fire but a pyrotechnics gel was used in his hair to shield him from harm (1983 technology of course).

-MJ's hair never was actually on fire, only a smoke bomb devise was activated.

-Some combination of the above.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

There are definitely flames. As MJ is going down the stairs they are licking round his whole head - it's only when he does the spin, at the bottom of the stairs, that we see all the smoke, then he drops to the ground and is surrounded.

I'm still on the fence about this whole episode, and believe me the last thing I want is to be disrespectful if it WAS genuine BUT ..... those flames remind me of my Christmas pudding alight with brandy - and what happens there is flicker flicker flicker, flames go out, and no burnt pudding.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Another little thing to support the pepsi fire hoax - the footage was released 21 days (including end date) after June 25...on July 15th....and it was MJ alone who was reported to have had this footage.

Confirmation it was a nice little gift to us hoaxers, connecting 2 hoaxes.

Bec
I am not prying open your eyeballs and thrusting the printed words under your nose.
You are so graphic! Reminds me of Front's complaint! :icon_lol:

So IMO, we need to love and accept the fact that MJ loved showmanship and strived to be the greatest entertainer in the world. We can love only the image he portrayed, or we can love the image AND the real man behind the image. Now we can look at it negatively and say he’s a lying man and can’t be trusted, or we can say I see love for his people in giving us the world’s hands-down best SHOW ever! I choose to love and totally respect the complete man.
The Pepsi hair burning happened in 1984, and that timing is interesting.

According to the media, Michael read the book of Barnum in 1980, but it is obvious that Michael has been inspired by Barnum since his childhood.

On this same great hoax site, part of MJ’s interview with Schmuley is included.

“The autography of P.T. Barnum is Michael’s Bible”.
It was first mentioned by a secret informer on Larry King blog on the 17th of August. Michael’s make-up assistant Karen Faye confirms it as well. The re-direction of Thisisalsoit sends us to Barnum. Finally rabbi Shmuley’s interview with Michael is released and we can read the following words:
Shmuley Boteach: And your career is built on that and I’m not just saying it to flatter you. It’s true, I am amazed at it. So talk to me about mystery. How do you know this, where did it come to you, that power of that which is concealed?

Michael Jackson: Wow, you are so observant. It’s amazing how you notice details. Um, I studied… I love psychology, I love magic, I love… I love real beauty. I love real talent. I love when something’s miraculous; when something’s so beautiful you shouldn’t get it. What I like about Halley’s Comet, and I always say it to my lawyer, Halley’s Comet is no more of a miracle than the moon or the sun. But we make a big deal out of it because you see it once in a lifetime and everybody’s out there to see it. You know astronomers and fans and people and it’s this thing that circles around the solar system but you see it once in a lifetime. If it happened every night nobody would care, but to me the moon is just as miraculous. I always talk about deer and dogs and cats. A lot of people go, “There is a deer! There’s a…” ‘cause they are shy, they’re always hidden. It’s a big deal to see a deer, I mean, and I appreciate that, how people should appreciate the real ability and I always say that I don’t care if you are the most talented person in the world, if you come on the television every day people will regurgitate you. You have to know how to play your audience. You have to know that and it’s true, Shmuley. And it’s not just a game. But it’s real for me, it’s real for me. It really is.

SB: How do you know that? For example, I had to be taught this. I write about it a lot in my books but I began to develop a lot of my ideas on it from insights from other writers, thinkers, philosophers, etc.

MJ: If you remain mysterious, people will be more interested, yeah.
MJ: I just love, I do love the power of mystery, I really do. I think it’s very powerful.

SB: Is it spiritual? What is it?

MJ: It’s spiritual, it’s, it’s people conjure up all these ideas, people create them themselves. I mean they used to say, you know, Howard Hughes is up there and he owns the hotel but he stays on that floor, he doesn’t come down. He’s in the dark, he’s in the corner in the bed with long nails and hair down to here and he’s hooked to an IV. So the brain would just go crazy conjuring up all kinds of crazy stories, and I love that. I love Howard Hughes ‘cause he played this big thing. I mean, to me he’s like one of my masters. But, I don’t know, this is the first time I’ve ever said this, Shmuley, I love Howard, he is a genius.

SB: Because what? Because he knew the power of mystery?

MJ: How to play people, yeah. He knew how to make the public interested. P.T. Barnum was pretty good at it himself.
SB: But with you, when you say it’s become about playing the public, is it as simple as withdrawal and they want more? And more ways how to reveal yourself?

MJ: It’s rhythm and timing. You have to know what you’re doing. Like you never see me on award show saying, “The nominees are… ” And I get asked to do every show. Now they don’t even ask. They know I don’t do it. Or to host the show or to come out and say like, “Coming up next, Michael Jackson to present the record of the year.” You never see me coming out and doing the nominees. I don’t do it. They know not to even ask me. It’s not what I do.

arvenru.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/the-greatest-show-on-earth/

Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:24:50 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
I don't want to be disrespectful neither, but the flames on his head were for a short time to have caused all that damage, IMHO   :confused: :icon_rolleyes:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

bec

Interesting to see all this supportive evidence to the theory! Thanks curls, Andrea, and MJonmind for contributing.

This subject simply fascinates me.

@sweetsunsetwithMJ: I agree with you, MJ's hair was allegedly on fire for a very short time considering the alleged resulting wound viewed in the Pepsi tape. Consider exhibit 3:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8UfmV_Prsz0[/youtube]

Now that's many seconds longer burn time then the Pepsi tape suggests and our fearless amateur stunt man is completely unscathed.

After compiling this research 2 years ago, I really believe that MJ has been hoaxing the media and the entire world for a very long time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

Wow, that's a pretty impressive vid, bec!

Obviously, being here for two years, I've learnt that there's far more to MJ than the world has been led to believe, but I'm kind of speechless right now just thinking of the enormity of what MJ may have been up to all this time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

I always wondered why Michael never touched his hair to feel what is there.
It is human reflex nature to reach out and touch and check with a direct feeling of the hands what is there somewhere on the body - especially when it's not feeling ok and is hurting so much, at last. Every mosquito will see a hand.
But: no hand up there at this occasion.

I will give credit to the doubt and say it was Michael's tough discipline that let him go down and do what was asked for the take despite he felt there was something going wrong.

Alternatively I will not dismiss a possibility for a stunt. This is the thread we had 2 years ago.

This is what is to be found as timeline.

MJ visits the unit for burn victims at Brotman Memorial Hospital on Jan 10, 1984.

MJ suffers from the Pepsi accident on Jan 27, 1984.
He's being brought to Cedar Sinai then Brotman Memorial from where he's being released on Jan 28, 1984.

MJ executes a visit to the Los Angeles zoo in company of Emmauel Lewis on Feb 5th, 1984.

There is a collector's item, a thermometer said to have been given to a staff at Brotman Memorial by MJ and it says Dec 18, 1984:
A thermometer with a patient's label usually is not one that would be an item of an ambulant visit.

Either the item is true or fake and belonged to another MJJ.
Quote from: "friendlikeme81"see the timeline You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
January 10, 1984: Michael visits the unit for burn victims at Brotman-Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles.

April 9, 1984: David Smithee, a 14-year-old boy who suffers from cystic fibroses is invited to Michael's home. It was David's last wish to meet Michael. He dies 7 weeks later.

April 14, 1984: Michael equips a 19-bed-unit at Mount Senai New York Medical Center. This center is part of the T.J. Martell-Foundation for leukemia and cancer research.

July 5, 1984
: During the Jackson's press conference at Tavern On The Green, Michael announces that his part of the earnings from the Victory Tour will be donated to three charitable organizations: The United Negro College Fund, Camp Good Times, and the T.J. Martell-Foundation.

July 14, 1984: After the first concert of the Victory Tour, Michael meets 8 terminally ill children backstage.

December 13, 1984: Michael visits the Brotman Memorial Hospital, where he had been treated when he was burned very badly during the producing of a Pepsi commercial. He donates all the money he receives from Pepsi, $1.5 million, to the Michael Jackson Burn Center for Children.

6. Michael - Miko Brando - Dave Dave - Connection

Miko was the first one on stage who reached Michael as Michael claims in his Moonwalk biography
We see Miko here:[attachment=1:3qsk71v0]miko at pepsi accident.JPG[/attachment:3qsk71v0]
Dave Dave is the character that is linked to Michael because both are burn victims. We know that Dave Dave is Michael at LKL, it is his disguise, a sort of second identity. He shows up with Miko Brando. It can be a coincidence because they are close friends, but it can also have a symbolic meaning: Michael's burn victim hoax in 1984 + Miko and Michael's burn victim hoax in 2009 + Miko. We find Miko at both events and because we know that 2009 is a hoax we might realize that 1984 was too. This is no strong argument, but maybe something to think about.

8. The burn accident is part of This is it. No coincidence. Never.Remember the fire chase segment in TII.
Do you really think that this could have taken place with MJ being a real burn victim?
"A burnt child dreads the fire."
Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:06:47 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

MissG

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8DUx43z_-w&feature=related[/youtube]

One can clearly see that some "sparks" landed on top of Michael´s hair, where he got the wound later, and how the hair gets on fire.

The accident was no hoax. Michael really burnt.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal