GalaxyTopic starter

Info From The 80s
June 03, 2012, 09:18:13 AM
I found an old Michael Jackson book in my attic that I bought in the 1980s. The release date is 1984 to be exact. I found a few interesting things in it, and I quote, " At the same time the Jacksons prepare for their long-awaited reunion tour with Jermaine, Michael is also moving ahead on another front-films. In 30 or 40 years, he sees himself "Doing writing and films, directing, and stuff like that."  In addition, there is his recently-released mini-movie, Thriller. With the runaway success he has enjoyed in music, Michael sees film as the next challenge-the next dragon to slay. He says he's being extremely cautious as he plans his moves in this new arena. "I get all kinds of different offers all the time, from specials to my own series, all kinds of things," he reveals. "I'm mainly concerned with doing movies right now. That's what I'm interested in. Something really different and exciting, something that hasn't been seen before. It's like Star Wars was to the picture industry; all of a sudden, it was a whole 'nother type of of movie making, creatures that walk in space instead of on earth. It's kind of taken it to a whole 'nother wave." For Michael the problem is simple: he has established a new plateau. People now have expectations of him-and all other artists-that they didn't have before Thriller. There are new heights to aspire to now, and he is under constant pressure, as a creator, to better his best.

In my opinion, I'm thinking that this hoax began during the Bad era. Michael had changed so much during this time, perhaps he was playing a role then. It would be great after this hoax is over to see some video of the planning stages of this whole thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saving The Universe One A**hole At A Time.

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Re: Info From The 80s
June 03, 2012, 09:46:11 AM
@Galaxy...... thanks for sharing, very interesting stuff what you have brought to us, what is the title of his book??  :compute:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

everlastinglove_MJ

Re: Info From The 80s
June 03, 2012, 10:49:46 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I found an old Michael Jackson book in my attic that I bought in the 1980s. The release date is 1984 to be exact. I found a few interesting things in it, and I quote, " At the same time the Jacksons prepare for their long-awaited reunion tour with Jermaine, Michael is also moving ahead on another front-films. In 30 or 40 years, he sees himself "Doing writing and films, directing, and stuff like that."  In addition, there is his recently-released mini-movie, Thriller. With the runaway success he has enjoyed in music, Michael sees film as the next challenge-the next dragon to slay. He says he's being extremely cautious as he plans his moves in this new arena. "I get all kinds of different offers all the time, from specials to my own series, all kinds of things," he reveals. "I'm mainly concerned with doing movies right now. That's what I'm interested in. Something really different and exciting, something that hasn't been seen before. It's like Star Wars was to the picture industry; all of a sudden, it was a whole 'nother type of of movie making, creatures that walk in space instead of on earth. It's kind of taken it to a whole 'nother wave." For Michael the problem is simple: he has established a new plateau. People now have expectations of him-and all other artists-that they didn't have before Thriller. There are new heights to aspire to now, and he is under constant pressure, as a creator, to better his best.

In my opinion, I'm thinking that this hoax began during the Bad era. Michael had changed so much during this time, perhaps he was playing a role then. It would be great after this hoax is over to see some video of the planning stages of this whole thing.

Something really different and exciting, something that hasn't been seen before
Thank you for sharing Galaxy. When I read your post about the book, I thought of Michael's words in "Moonwalk" regarding film making: "pioneering new ideas is so exciting to me and the movie industry seems to be suffering right now from a dearth of ideas; so many people are doing the same things." and "I'm going to try to make some changes. I'm going to try to change things around someday." Obviously Michael is a pioneer, a visionair and with his autodidactic abilities, who has seen the art film making up close from George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Marlon Brando. And I'd think that Michael has done probably more film projects than we know :icon_cool: I'm thinking of the recent hologram projects, I'd imagine that Michael has done a great part in it too, next to other revolutionary developments in film making.

L.O.V.E.

Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:52:26 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions