IWantYouBackTopic starter

Hey everyone! I hope all is well with all of you!

So, I got the My Friend Michael book by Frank Cascio for Christmas. I didn't start reading it until two nights ago. I read a chapter per night. Last night, I read the chapter titled "The Ranch", which is a chapter about Neverland. I found something that I feel is extremely odd! The names in [brackets] were added by me so then there isn't any confusion about who is speaking in the book.

On page 27, Frank Cascio writes, "It may have been during that trip - certainly it was during one of them, and there were many - that while driving me around in a golf cart, Michael started talking about how his Neverland was going to be like Elvis's Graceland. In a deliberately nasal tour guide's voice, he began to narrate: 'If you look to the right, you will see the water balloon fort. Michael won many a battle on that field...' 'When do you plan on making this happen?' I [Frank Cascio] asked. 'I'm planning it right now,' he [Michael] responded. 'But it won't be opened until I'm dead.'"

In the chapter, Mr. Cascio states that this visit to Neverland was right before the Dangerous tour, so Michael was in his thirties, his early thirties. It sounds to me that Michael knew he was going to die at a young age, or he was PLANNING to die at a young age, because why in the world would anyone plan to open something almost 50 years in advance? Surely if Michael didn't "die" at 50, he would have died at a normal old age like 70+, right? It just sounds like he was planning to die - at least, that's how I took it. I think MJ was planning to open a tour/museum. But again, if he did indeed die unexpectedly at 50, why so in advance? If he did die at 50, he wouldn't have known that, so when he was in his thirties, why plan a tour/museum 50+ years in advance? It doesn't really make sense...

What do you guys think? What was Michael planning to open? Just for your reference, I have attached a photo of the page that this was written on. I'm excited to read your thoughts! :)

God Bless you all and I hope you have a great week!

Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:28:15 PM by IWantYouBack
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please watch my live performance of "Earth Song" and tell me what you think? :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

---------------

Jenn C

Many things happened since this was said. Michael also said he would never go back to Neverland.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

Many things happened since this was said. Michael also said he would never go back to Neverland.

True, but Michael also said that he wouldn't ever sell it, which he hasn't. Also, ever since he "passed", Neverland has been getting fixed up. SUVs have been pulling in and out of the gates every day, helicopters have landed and taken off, and there have been many interesting sightings in and around Neverland. I have witnessed all of these things at Neverland myself. And since Michael stated he would never go back, I believe Neverland would be the PERFECT place to hide out, because everyone thinks he would never go back there. ;)

I just find it weird that Michael was planning something SO far in advance - it's like he knew he was going to "die" at 50.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

---------------

Jenn C

@ iwantyouback. i just watched your live performance. you are gorgeous. all the best with your singing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

msgitm

I think Michael just meant that Neverland wont be opened up to the public until his death. Like Elvis's estate did with Graceland.  Even if they are both still alive, I think back then that's probably what he meant.  But... that's just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Two years after entertainer Michael Jackson's death on June 25, the Gloved One's former ranch in Central California's Santa Ynez Valley maintains a grip on at least a few fans' imaginations - and pocketbooks

Oxnard-based Channel Islands Helicopters

On the second anniversary of his death, Channel Islands Helicopters is offering flyovers of Michael Jackson's former ranch, Neverland, shown here in July, 2009.CAPTIONBy William Etlingis charging $175 per person, or $500 for a three-person private charter, for a half-hour "Flight Over Neverland" on June 24 and 25. A spokesman says more than 100 people have signed up for the excursions, which take off from nearby Santa Barbara Municipal Airport.

According to the company's Facebook page, "loyal fans will be whisked to the skies over Neverland Ranch, the sprawling estate that was home to the King of Pop for nearly 20 years. Fans will also be able to pay tribute during the flight by dropping a complimentary red rose (MJ's favorite flower) atop nearby Zaca Peak- a 3000 foot summit overlooking the Neverland grounds. Bring your i-pod to play your cherished Michael tunes during the flight."

As I pointed out in a story about my 2009 visit to Jackson's scandal-tinged former stomping grounds, the singer moved away from the 4-square-mile spread in 2005, vowing never to return after his acquittal on child molestation charges.

The exotic animals, amusement park rides and Disneyland-like railroad were gone long before Jackson's death, and curious tourists couldn't see anything but pastures and oak trees from the closed and guarded entrance gates on Figueroa Mountain Road near Los Olivos, the village made famous in the movie Sideways. Even the name had changed back to its previous one, Sycamore Valley Ranch. But that hadn't stopped hundreds of heartbroken fans a day from pausing at an ad hoc shrine of wilted posies, anguished scribblings and stuffed chimpanzees.

Rumors that the cash-strapped California state legislature was considering purchasing the property as a state park turned out to be a pipe dream. And two years after his death, says longtime resident William Etling, author of Sideways in Neverland: Life in the Santa Ynez Valley, "a few pilgrims still wander out there, but the thrill(er) is gone."

According to a recent story in the Wall Street Journal, current owner Tom Barrack of Colony Capital told Bloomberg television that the company plans "to work to restore (the ranch) to its original greatness."

" The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it," Barrack said. "We have just been restoring it, renovating it" while waiting for Jackson's estate to decide on its fate.

Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:02:00 AM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Iwantyouback, what a wonderful story with possible clues! Thank you!

On page 27, Frank Cascio writes, "It may have been during that trip - certainly it was during one of them, and there were many - that while driving me around in a golf cart, Michael started talking about how his Neverland was going to be like Elvis's Graceland. In a deliberately nasal tour guide's voice, he began to narrate: 'If you look to the right, you will see the water balloon fort. Michael won many a battle on that field...' 'When do you plan on making this happen?' I [Frank Cascio] asked. 'I'm planning it right now,' he [Michael] responded. 'But it won't be opened until I'm dead.'"

Front said MJ had been planning the hoax for 20 years which from 09 would be 1989 already. Did he have a premonition of the 2 devastating allegations that would happen before the death wish? Because part of the 'death' was going to be because of drug use, which started with the Pepsi-fire and then with the Chandler allegation in 93.  "Right before the Dangerous tour", I loved reading here:

I also found it interesting that MJ told him about Neverland being like Graceland while he was riding his golf-cart. When Lisa Maria was talking in her Graceland tour about the new exhibits, she mentioned how important was the golf cart to her, and how she treasured the "key"!

(Someone removed the better articles on the Lisa golf cart stories. Sim... :icon_cry: )
Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:21:59 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Thank you for your thoughts IWantYouBack :icon_e_smile:

'I'm planning it right now,' he [Michael] responded. 'But it won't be opened until I'm dead.'"

It reminds me of the intro of "The Immortal tour" You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login at 3:00 in which there's a sound of a closing door/gate. I haven't seen the show (yet) but from the reviews I've understood that there's a Neverland gate on stage together with the Giving Tree (Tree of Life)

which could be interpreted as the gate of 'Neverland' is closed and it won't be opened because I'm alive ;)

I found some amazing photographic series about 'abandoned' Neverland: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
Thanks IWantYouBack! tells other chapters?
everlastinglove_MJ I like the pictures, maybe sunflowers next to the tree of life? thanks for sharing
                                             :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@everlastinglove_MJ.....
Thank you for that link to all those amazing pictures......wow.  I have always had such respect for Neverland itself.
Michael was fortunate enough to create a dream come true for himself and children. 
So many smiles were created within those gates.....it's utterly fantastic to think about.  Neverland is so much
more than just a property.  There's a spirit of love, of giving, of wholeness I can't describe.......and I've never been there.
I never understood why people called him eccentric or weird for creating such a beautiful place.....I would in a heartbeat!
Even though these are pictures are of some decay...they show such beauty.  It's just magical no matter what. 
To ride that railroad under a moonlit sky...ugh.....stuff of dreams!  Thanks again for sharing this link....really special. 

Have a great day!
Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@ iwantyouback. i just watched your live performance. you are gorgeous. all the best with your singing.

Thank you sooo much for all your kind words! I really appreciate it! And thanks for watching! :) God Bless
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

---------------

Jenn C

MJonmind

I would like to make a 'pilgrimage' to Neverland at least once in my life-time!
I think I would just walk around with tears in my eyes the whole time.
Michael, come back! :bowdown:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

@everlastinglove_MJ.....
Thank you for that link to all those amazing pictures......wow.  I have always had such respect for Neverland itself.
Michael was fortunate enough to create a dream come true for himself and children. 
So many smiles were created within those gates.....it's utterly fantastic to think about.  Neverland is so much
more than just a property.  There's a spirit of love, of giving, of wholeness I can't describe.......and I've never been there.
I never understood why people called him eccentric or weird for creating such a beautiful place.....I would in a heartbeat!
Even though these are pictures are of some decay...they show such beauty.  It's just magical no matter what. 
To ride that railroad under a moonlit sky...ugh.....stuff of dreams!  Thanks again for sharing this link....really special. 

Have a great day!

Blessings Always

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. When I saw these images I thought that I really got a glimpse of Neverland. Your words described my thoughts about Neverland pretty well. I visited Neverland 2 years ago and I tried to get a glimpse of it or I'd better say get a feeling of it. We drove along beside the property and although I realised that it was just a small part, I got an idea of the space, the trees, the hills and it is still beautiful. I was impressed by the beautiful tree next to the gate. A special place. 

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks IWantYouBack! tells other chapters?
everlastinglove_MJ I like the pictures, maybe sunflowers next to the tree of life? thanks for sharing
                                             :bearhug:

You're welcome Marumjj :) Yes sunflowers next to the tree of life and also roses, great thoughts.

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions