No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
@marumjj: Right! 7 RightS !  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Michael, simply "WOW" somebody like you can't never die  :bearhug:  this world needs you!
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:21:05 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

everlastinglove_MJ

Thank you for sharing this article, MJonmind. These kind of articles of respect and acknowledgement should've been published more.
We can't see enough of these articles, they are great and Dr. J., you are great!  :icon_e_smile:
Besides of the fact that Michael is largely an autodidact and extremely well-read, he can also express his knowledge and filosophy in an impressive way, f.e. in his songs/lyrics, his performances, his speeches, a good example is the Oxford speech (thanks @Sim for posting!). 
The complete article is a worth-read, yet I highlighted this part, because it shows how much he is an inspiration and a source of awareness for so many people on so many levels. It is so great to read this: :icon_razz:

When Michael died, there were a bazillion “tribute” articles that rehashed all the controversies of his life, and a genuine few that actually paid decent homage to his contributuons to music and his cultural legacy. But precious few that actually acknowledged him as someone worthy of academic respect. This piece by Jennifer Viegas was one of the brief but notable exceptions:

Pop star Michael Jackson, who died one year ago this week, not only changed music and pop culture, but he also impacted engineering, law, medicine, psychology and other academic fields, according to a Texas Tech University pop culture expert.

Rob Weiner, a pop-culture author and associate librarian in the Texas Tech Libraries, recently helped compile a bibliographic guide for a special issue of The Journal of Pan African Studies showing Jackson’s influence into the often dusty halls of academia.

The list of scholarly papers and peer-reviewed articles, culled from more than 100 databases, found the King of Pop referenced in psychology, medical, chemistry, mass communications and even engineering journals.

For instance, researchers used Jackson to critique the media’s handling of criminal cases. A 911 call made by Jackson prompted an article in Fire Engineering journal, while a British Medical Journal piece written after Jackson’s death discussed ethical issues that arise when a patient is more powerful than the attending physician. ( I am fairly certain that the 911 call she is referring to is actually a reference to the 911 call placed by Alberto Alvarez, not by Michael Jackson)-my note.

One chemistry professor argued that reframing popular songs such as “Billie Jean” could help students understand difficult chemistry concepts.

“I knew that Jackson permeated pop culture, but academics can be kind of snooty about what they choose to study,” Weiner said. “The fact that someone would take a Michael Jackson song and co-opt it as a means to convey chemistry concepts just shows the pervasiveness of Jackson’s influence
.”

Another positive article:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,0,831109.story

LOVE always
Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:34:53 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I didn't know where to post this video... I thought here would be a suitable place...
I've never seen this one... Does anyone have the link to a longer/complete version of this event?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0XVjztbzlc&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Re: it's actually Dr. (Michael) Jackson HLD.
August 11, 2012, 07:37:18 AM
Video maker's comment:

30/Jun/09: A brilliant conversation with two of America's most recognized critics on Michael Jackson's cultural and social impact both globally and specifically for Black people.

"Michael Jackson fundamentally altered the terms of the debate about African American music. He was a chocolate, cherubic-faced genius with an African American halo. He was a kid who was capable of embodying all of the high possibilities and the deep griefs that besieged the African American psyche... for America to miss that is to miss the fact that Michael Jackson argued against the very deep and profound bowels of White supremacy in the belly of American political culture...

The reality is Michael Jackson's humanity is so deep, the implications and inferences of his art so monumentally and magnificently global, that nothing American television could do to besmirch his character could ever, if you will, deny the legitimate genius that he represents"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meI_i7D4Lhw&feature=share[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmindTopic starter

December 03, 2012, 03:20:58 AM
Just accidentally came upon this thread again. Thanks Sim for this inspiring video!  If only people really knew who this man they snicker about and shake their heads in pity, is.  I think at one point someone says the movie The curious case of Benjamin Button, was written with MJ in mind. Hmm... :affraid:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
December 07, 2012, 04:37:45 PM
Thanks Sim and to you all ....is hard for me to translate, laborious and long   :Crash: but then  is really a joy !!!  :bearhug: :icon_e_smile:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

MJonmindTopic starter

December 08, 2012, 12:04:52 AM
Blankie, my hats off to all you dear members here who don't speak English well, who need to translate. Amazing! Much love and respect to you!
And Michael is so worth any extra effort we make!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

diggyon

December 08, 2012, 12:51:21 AM
wwooowwwww. It's Dr. Jackson!!!! That's great!!! How come no one ever said a word about that when he was still in his career??? Shame on the media.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2012, 01:52:56 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just accidentally came upon this thread again. Thanks Sim for this inspiring video!  If only people really knew who this man they snicker about and shake their heads in pity, is.  I think at one point someone says the movie The curious case of Benjamin Button, was written with MJ in mind. Hmm... :affraid:
Thank you for launching this thread sis' and bringing it back to life again!  :bearhug:
I thought it was buried in the archives!!
A lot of people still ignore these things about Michael! They have no idea about this info!
I had shared this thread all over FB on several occasions! I always get reactions like : "I never knew about that!"

Thanks Sim and to you all ....is hard for me to translate, laborious and long   :Crash: but then  is really a joy !!!  :bearhug: :icon_e_smile:
Blankie :bearhug: Take your time and translate everything! As @MjonMind it is worth it , INDEED! If you translate this in Italian, pls share it on Italian forum/FB/blogs! I'm sure there are a lot of people who would be happy to discover these things about Michael  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2012, 10:51:39 AM
Sim Patty!!!!! So glad this thread was reposted! I MISSED THE VIDEO YOU POSTED AND AM HOPING EVERYONE WHO MISSED IT WILL WATCH OR REWATCH. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!!! It really SPEAKS to Michael's power of using his artistic genius to change social paradigms. And he DID....(DOES!!!)

Video maker's comment:

30/Jun/09: A brilliant conversation with two of America's most recognized critics on Michael Jackson's cultural and social impact both globally and specifically for Black people.

"Michael Jackson fundamentally altered the terms of the debate about African American music. He was a chocolate, cherubic-faced genius with an African American halo. He was a kid who was capable of embodying all of the high possibilities and the deep griefs that besieged the African American psyche... for America to miss that is to miss the fact that Michael Jackson argued against the very deep and profound bowels of White supremacy in the belly of American political culture...

The reality is Michael Jackson's humanity is so deep, the implications and inferences of his art so monumentally and magnificently global, that nothing American television could do to besmirch his character could ever, if you will, deny the legitimate genius that he represents"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meI_i7D4Lhw&feature=share[/youtube]
[/size]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
December 08, 2012, 05:59:10 PM
@Loveunited:  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
December 08, 2012, 08:19:56 PM
@Loveunited:     GREATEST !!!     :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

MJonmindTopic starter

December 09, 2012, 04:30:46 AM
Loveunited, absolutely wonderful quote on the global and historical impact of MJ!   I really believe one day the whole world will recognize this as well.
 :moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions