I really don't know how much credence to give to this article. There are a lot of crazies at play here. I'm interested in what you all think about it!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Doctor Will Sue You Now
When famed dermatologist Arnold Klein, the Father of Botox, known for his flamboyant lifestyle and love of celebrity, landed Michael Jackson as a client, it was a dream fulfilled. But in the wake of Jackson’s death, Klein has been engulfed by a toxic cloud of accusation, litigation, and bankruptcy.
By Mark Seal

Traitors are not tolerated in the kingdom of Dr. Arnold Klein. The 67-year-old Father of Botox, who once led a Beverly Hills beauty revolution and became nearly as famous as the stars he treated, is now waging war against his enemies. The list is long. First, there are the powers in the music business who arranged the final concert tour of his most famous patient, the late Michael Jackson. He charges them with conspiring to control the singer’s estate and with using Klein as a scapegoat by alleging that he had gotten Jackson addicted to the narcotic Demerol. Then there are the rats who he says masqueraded as patients in order to issue him a subpoena, forcing him to appear before the Medical Board of California for purported irregularities. Worst of all are his former office manager and former accountant. He alleges that they have attempted to ruin him by releasing Jackson’s medical records in the involuntary-manslaughter trial of the singer’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, who was convicted last November and sentenced to four years in prison. He also alleges that they embezzled tens of millions of dollars from him and tried to kill him. Because of them, Klein claims, he was forced to declare bankruptcy in January 2011, put one of his homes on the market, and auction off his art and memorabilia.

Klein is also striking back at the Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A.), which he says is a “drug cartel” controlled by the pharmaceutical giants, and at the jackals of the media. To keep his followers and fans up-to-date, he posts intimate details about his predicament on Facebook.

I approached the doctor for an interview, but he informed me through his publicistthat if I intended to interview his former employees I would get no cooperation from him. Then one day in November my phone rang, and Klein, in a deep, gravelly voice, began talking nonstop: “I’ve given my life for other people and have gotten screwed for it Do you know I discovered the first human gene? … Do you know I treated the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia? … My great-great-uncle is Albert Einstein Lawrence Klein, my cousin, won the Nobel Prize.”

He soon got to his former office manager, Jason Pfeiffer, and former accountant, Muhammad Khilji. In January 2011, Klein filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, listing assets of about $6 million and debts of $8.4 million. In June 2011 he filed suit against Pfeiffer and Khilji, as well as various banks and investment and mortgage companies. In the suit, Klein claims that on March 20, 2009, as he was recuperating from an unstated illness at his Laguna Beach house, Pfeiffer and Khilji brought documents for him to sign, including one that would allow them to make health decisions for him during any period of incapacity; a general power of attorney; a codicil to his will, naming them as executors; and an amendment to his trust, naming them as co-trustees. According to his complaint, “Dr. Klein discovered that his investment accounts were raided, bank accounts were opened in his name without his knowledge and then pilfered, and his assets were jeopardized.”

“They stole $22 million from me, O.K.?,” Klein told me on the phone. “If you are going to mention Jason Pfeiffer [and Muhammad Khilji], these guys who embezzled from me, illegally released Michael Jackson’s records, what are you going to say? Are you going to say they are good people? They are the scum of the earth!”

At one point he demanded, “Who funded 9/11?”

“You know who?”

“Pakistani Muslims, sir,” he said. “They use a system called hawala.”

Klein has claimed on Facebook that Khilji used hawala, the ancient informal money-transfer system employed by al-Qaeda to move funds around the world, to clean out his employer’s assets and transfer them into far-flung bank accounts, to which only he and Pfeiffer had access.

“They opened 41 illegal bank accounts in my name,” said Klein. “I have records of all this stuff. Also, they tried to overdose me … so I would bleed to death They tried to overdose me on Coumadin [blood thinner], because I was in atrial flutter [abnormal heart rhythm], and they changed my will in the middle of the night without notarizing it.”

All I wanted, I told Klein, was to write a balanced story about the case, which would necessitate interviewing both the doctor and his detractors. “Their filings are part of your bankruptcy filing,” I said.

“What you may think you know is zero,” he said. “You cannot interview Jason and Muhammad. You have to swear to me that you won’t.”

I told him Vanity Fair does not make such promises.

“If I show you all the forged bank accounts and everything, what is that going to do for you?” he asked.

“I’ll print them,” I said.

“Will you give me editorial control?” he asked.

“Of course I cannot do that,” I said.

Earlier he had told me, “I treat everyone in the world. Do you know what it is like to eat fried chicken in Buckingham Palace with Queen Elizabeth? Michael [Jackson] opened every door. The other person who opened every door for me was [the actor] Danny Kaye. I’m sure you have never met the Maharaja of Baroda. I didn’t even know there was a Maharaja of Baroda when I met him I’m a Jewish kid, son of a rabbi, hyper-academic, Westinghouse scholar, who came to a weird world out in California because I hated Philadelphia.” (After speaking to me, Klein subsequently refused repeated requests for comment.)

Khilji and Pfeiffer deny all of Klein’s charges, including raiding his assets, opening illegal bank accounts, trying to overdose him, and changing his will. Khilji has said that Klein had recovered from an illness and “asked us” to bring him the documents “before something happened” to him. Both Pfeiffer and Khilji have filed counterclaims, and Khilji has said that Klein is an opportunist who squandered his fortune on a lifestyle he couldn’t afford.

The King of Lips
Arnold William Klein has always stood out. Born in the blue-collar Detroit suburb of Mount Clemens, Michigan, the bookworm forsook his family’s business—a health spa known for its mineral baths—for a degree in medicine. At the University of Pennsylvania, where he was influenced by Andy Warhol and the architect Louis Kahn, he considered specializing in psychiatry but eventually decided on dermatology. After graduating from the university’s school of medicine, he went on to become chief resident in dermatology at the University of California, Los Angeles, and then found himself languishing, at the age of 30, with a small practice in the town of Riverside, “giving light treatments and picking pimples,” he has written.

On the advice of an aunt, he tried his luck in Beverly Hills. “I was told there was no room for young doctors and I would starve,” he later wrote on Facebook. Nevertheless, he rented a 700-square-foot space and began telling local physicians, according to his own account, “ ‘Look, I’m really good, so send me your most difficult cases.’ … Six months later I had a full practice Soon, with the help of [the acne medication] Retin-A, I was fixing acne without light-treatments or voodoo.”

Within a year he was visited by Merv Griffin, who asked him to be a guest on his television show. Klein told the audience, among other things, how to recognize a melanoma. “The next day people were asking for my autograph, and soon thereafter I received 10,000 letters, many of which came from folks who said I had saved their lives.” Klein has written, “I did three more shows. On the third, I mentioned a little thing I was playing with called collagen.”

Thanks to collagen, the lips-and-wrinkle-line filler, Klein soon became known as the King of Lips. His expertise was officially recognized when the “ski jump” elevation in the upper lip was named the Glogau-Klein point in honor of him and fellow dermatologist Richard Glogau. His office expanded as his famous patients multiplied. By 1985 his reputation had grown to the point that, when he traveled to Rome for an audience with Pope John Paul II, the pontiff, according to Klein’s posting on Facebook, “lifted his pant leg to show me a skin condition no one in Rome could fix.” (Klein wrote that he had cured it.)

By 1981, Klein was living in a 30-room mansion, with his brother, two aunts, a cousin, a cook, and a housekeeper. His life was his patients, and he was on call 24–7. His office walls began filling with photographs of the beautiful and famous, including Rock Hudson. Handsome young men would soon be flocking to him with raised purple skin lesions, and Klein has written that he became the “first physician to diagnose Kaposi’s sarcoma [one of the opportunistic diseases associated with H.I.V.] in Southern California.”

Continued at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you make it to the end of the article, a great quote awaits you!
Klein recently posted on Facebook: "I have survived the Murray trial (which was an absolute hoax) [...]"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Le roi est mort, VIVE LE ROI !

paula-c

Long article I have read it once again, what I do not understand is the story of the alleged relationship homosexsual of Michael, first  affirm and then deny it, this is garbage and in regard to the propofol as someone said in the comments propofol does not cause one to 'run down the street', It among many things, I must return to read
Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:42:09 AM by paula-c
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Klein is a strange man. I remember the Larry King interview, where Klein talked a million miles an hour, blathering on and on.  I seriously don't know where the lies stop and the truth begins. How did MJ weave the hoax through all of this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I really don't know how much credence to give to this article. There are a lot of crazies at play here. I'm interested in what you all think about it!

The Doctor Will Sue You Now
When famed dermatologist Arnold Klein, the Father of Botox, known for his flamboyant lifestyle and love of celebrity, landed Michael Jackson as a client, it was a dream fulfilled. But in the wake of Jackson’s death, Klein has been engulfed by a toxic cloud of accusation, litigation, and bankruptcy.
By Mark Seal

Traitors are not tolerated in the kingdom of Dr. Arnold Klein. The 67-year-old Father of Botox, who once led a Beverly Hills beauty revolution and became nearly as famous as the stars he treated, is now waging war against his enemies. The list is long. First, there are the powers in the music business who arranged the final concert tour of his most famous patient, the late Michael Jackson. He charges them with conspiring to control the singer’s estate and with using Klein as a scapegoat by alleging that he had gotten Jackson addicted to the narcotic Demerol. Then there are the rats who he says masqueraded as patients in order to issue him a subpoena, forcing him to appear before the Medical Board of California for purported irregularities. Worst of all are his former office manager and former accountant. He alleges that they have attempted to ruin him by releasing Jackson’s medical records in the involuntary-manslaughter trial of the singer’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, who was convicted last November and sentenced to four years in prison. He also alleges that they embezzled tens of millions of dollars from him and tried to kill him. Because of them, Klein claims, he was forced to declare bankruptcy in January 2011, put one of his homes on the market, and auction off his art and memorabilia.

Klein is also striking back at the Food and Drug Administration (F.D.A.), which he says is a “drug cartel” controlled by the pharmaceutical giants, and at the jackals of the media. To keep his followers and fans up-to-date, he posts intimate details about his predicament on Facebook.

I approached the doctor for an interview, but he informed me through his publicistthat if I intended to interview his former employees I would get no cooperation from him. Then one day in November my phone rang, and Klein, in a deep, gravelly voice, began talking nonstop: “I’ve given my life for other people and have gotten screwed for it Do you know I discovered the first human gene? … Do you know I treated the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia? … My great-great-uncle is Albert Einstein Lawrence Klein, my cousin, won the Nobel Prize.”

He soon got to his former office manager, Jason Pfeiffer, and former accountant, Muhammad Khilji. In January 2011, Klein filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, listing assets of about $6 million and debts of $8.4 million. In June 2011 he filed suit against Pfeiffer and Khilji, as well as various banks and investment and mortgage companies. In the suit, Klein claims that on March 20, 2009, as he was recuperating from an unstated illness at his Laguna Beach house, Pfeiffer and Khilji brought documents for him to sign, including one that would allow them to make health decisions for him during any period of incapacity; a general power of attorney; a codicil to his will, naming them as executors; and an amendment to his trust, naming them as co-trustees. According to his complaint, “Dr. Klein discovered that his investment accounts were raided, bank accounts were opened in his name without his knowledge and then pilfered, and his assets were jeopardized.”

“They stole $22 million from me, O.K.?,” Klein told me on the phone. “If you are going to mention Jason Pfeiffer [and Muhammad Khilji], these guys who embezzled from me, illegally released Michael Jackson’s records, what are you going to say? Are you going to say they are good people? They are the scum of the earth!”

At one point he demanded, “Who funded 9/11?”

“You know who?”

“Pakistani Muslims, sir,” he said. “They use a system called hawala.”

Klein has claimed on Facebook that Khilji used hawala, the ancient informal money-transfer system employed by al-Qaeda to move funds around the world, to clean out his employer’s assets and transfer them into far-flung bank accounts, to which only he and Pfeiffer had access.

“They opened 41 illegal bank accounts in my name,” said Klein. “I have records of all this stuff. Also, they tried to overdose me … so I would bleed to death They tried to overdose me on Coumadin [blood thinner], because I was in atrial flutter [abnormal heart rhythm], and they changed my will in the middle of the night without notarizing it.”

All I wanted, I told Klein, was to write a balanced story about the case, which would necessitate interviewing both the doctor and his detractors. “Their filings are part of your bankruptcy filing,” I said.

“What you may think you know is zero,” he said. “You cannot interview Jason and Muhammad. You have to swear to me that you won’t.”

I told him Vanity Fair does not make such promises.

“If I show you all the forged bank accounts and everything, what is that going to do for you?” he asked.

“I’ll print them,” I said.

“Will you give me editorial control?” he asked.

“Of course I cannot do that,” I said.

Earlier he had told me, “I treat everyone in the world. Do you know what it is like to eat fried chicken in Buckingham Palace with Queen Elizabeth? Michael [Jackson] opened every door. The other person who opened every door for me was [the actor] Danny Kaye. I’m sure you have never met the Maharaja of Baroda. I didn’t even know there was a Maharaja of Baroda when I met him I’m a Jewish kid, son of a rabbi, hyper-academic, Westinghouse scholar, who came to a weird world out in California because I hated Philadelphia.” (After speaking to me, Klein subsequently refused repeated requests for comment.)

Khilji and Pfeiffer deny all of Klein’s charges, including raiding his assets, opening illegal bank accounts, trying to overdose him, and changing his will. Khilji has said that Klein had recovered from an illness and “asked us” to bring him the documents “before something happened” to him. Both Pfeiffer and Khilji have filed counterclaims, and Khilji has said that Klein is an opportunist who squandered his fortune on a lifestyle he couldn’t afford.

The King of Lips
Arnold William Klein has always stood out. Born in the blue-collar Detroit suburb of Mount Clemens, Michigan, the bookworm forsook his family’s business—a health spa known for its mineral baths—for a degree in medicine. At the University of Pennsylvania, where he was influenced by Andy Warhol and the architect Louis Kahn, he considered specializing in psychiatry but eventually decided on dermatology. After graduating from the university’s school of medicine, he went on to become chief resident in dermatology at the University of California, Los Angeles, and then found himself languishing, at the age of 30, with a small practice in the town of Riverside, “giving light treatments and picking pimples,” he has written.

On the advice of an aunt, he tried his luck in Beverly Hills. “I was told there was no room for young doctors and I would starve,” he later wrote on Facebook. Nevertheless, he rented a 700-square-foot space and began telling local physicians, according to his own account, “ ‘Look, I’m really good, so send me your most difficult cases.’ … Six months later I had a full practice Soon, with the help of [the acne medication] Retin-A, I was fixing acne without light-treatments or voodoo.”

Within a year he was visited by Merv Griffin, who asked him to be a guest on his television show. Klein told the audience, among other things, how to recognize a melanoma. “The next day people were asking for my autograph, and soon thereafter I received 10,000 letters, many of which came from folks who said I had saved their lives.” Klein has written, “I did three more shows. On the third, I mentioned a little thing I was playing with called collagen.”

Thanks to collagen, the lips-and-wrinkle-line filler, Klein soon became known as the King of Lips. His expertise was officially recognized when the “ski jump” elevation in the upper lip was named the Glogau-Klein point in honor of him and fellow dermatologist Richard Glogau. His office expanded as his famous patients multiplied. By 1985 his reputation had grown to the point that, when he traveled to Rome for an audience with Pope John Paul II, the pontiff, according to Klein’s posting on Facebook, “lifted his pant leg to show me a skin condition no one in Rome could fix.” (Klein wrote that he had cured it.)

By 1981, Klein was living in a 30-room mansion, with his brother, two aunts, a cousin, a cook, and a housekeeper. His life was his patients, and he was on call 24–7. His office walls began filling with photographs of the beautiful and famous, including Rock Hudson. Handsome young men would soon be flocking to him with raised purple skin lesions, and Klein has written that he became the “first physician to diagnose Kaposi’s sarcoma [one of the opportunistic diseases associated with H.I.V.] in Southern California.”

Continued at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you make it to the end of the article, a great quote awaits you!
Klein recently posted on Facebook: "I have survived the Murray trial (which was an absolute hoax) [...]"

Do you have a link to Dr Klines facebook please I cannot find him on there.   :)     Thank you in advance  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Klein is obviously a very brillant man and possibly the best at what he does.  If not so, Michael would not have used him for all those years.  And as we can plainly see, the result is marvelous.  Arnie has been going on and on about this for awhile now, and I have to beliee that some of if not much of what he says is the truth.  Of course the media would love for the public to think of him as a schizoid and delusional just like they do where Michael is concerned.  If they can accomplish that goal then they win because no one will put any credit towards anything that Klein says.  But I think it a very good possibility that much of what Klein says rings of some truth and one should pay attention to it  Especially the hoax stuff and the bakcstabbing of those two leeches.  I've seen Klein in aninterview setting before and he did not appear crazy and he made quite a lot of sense
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

I have to beliee that some of if not much of what he says is the truth.
I totally agree MJonmind!

Do you have a link to Dr Klines facebook please I cannot find him on there.
I'm sorry Ijustcantstoplovingu but I don't have a Facebook. Wouldn't know where to begin searching for Dr. Klein. Maybe someone else here with a FB could help you out?

I have to beliee that some of if not much of what he says is the truth.
Could you elaborate on that hesouttamylife? In regards to the article, what do you believe is the truth? Just curious. Me personally, I didn't believe his defamatory claims that Michael Jackson was gay, or that his children were Klein's biologically. Those things sounded like slander to me. But, it's a long article and there's a ton of stuff to examine.

One last thing I want to add... VF has a pretty good reputation, but this article doesn't seem any better than the tabloid trash that Michael warned us about. This article in particular is definitely anti-Michael Jackson, even though the subject is Klein. The author constantly mentions Klein's hordes of celebrity clients but names few aside from Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson, who becomes the target of the article.

Odd that most stuff written post-June 25 always showed Michael in a glowing light, talking about his impact and legacy, etc. After June 25, it became "cool" and "hip" to be an MJ fan. Why didn't VF cater to that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Le roi est mort, VIVE LE ROI !

Ooh sorry, I meant that when he talks about the things that he has been put through regarding his practice, money, and his back stabbing partners... that's what I believe is truth.  Absolutely none of that drug addicted gay slander towards Michael is true.  We already know that.  That's thrown in as a save your own butt insurance because I do believe that if this case ever gets off the ground with Mrs. Jackson, his name is gonna surface.  Only the part about his business, I tend to believe there is some truth to that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Thanks hesouttamylife for your clarification  :icon_e_biggrin: I guess it's true that the "bigger" you get (more money, power, popularity, etc.) there will always be people who will try to take advantage of you. Same thing happened to Michael. A lot of the people that dropped in on his life didn't have his best interests at heart.

Although I will say that one of the more coherent parts of the article in my opinion was:
In his e-mail of resignation, after Klein accused him of theft, Khilji detailed the doctor’s expenses over the previous three years. “Maybe it is time to look in the mirror, Dr. Klein You have spent over $800,000 on vacations and personal travel cost with your various entourages … $550,000 on cars … $1,200,000 in random shopping … a $500,000 down payment [on the Palm Springs house] Weekly parties, maintenance and upkeep have cost an additional $850,000 … lovers or friends on payroll to the corporation over $200,000 … over $650,000 in legal, public relations and security fees [and] an additional $7,000,000 in personal luxury spending while you[r] income declined from $240,000 a month to $120,000 a month. Unfortunately with such low gross and current overhead expenses, you were always … in [the] red.”

It's a he said-he said situation I guess. Who really knows?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions