Re: Cat Stevens Trubute to MJ
December 28, 2009, 12:34:35 AM
I like Cat Stevens,one of the first cd I bought was his Greatest hit's...but this song is macabre to me :shock:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 28, 2009, 03:31:40 PM
@ mykids mum can u plz explain what thought came in ur mind as u said in ur post ? yeah  ,HIM means God ,but did i miss something ??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

December 29, 2009, 08:05:21 AM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
@ mykids mum can u plz explain what thought came in ur mind as u said in ur post ? yeah  ,HIM means God ,but did i miss something ??
To me, when I listen to the song and hear the words, I don't hear that he has left...or died...I hear that he has left his life how we know it for another out of the lime lite....When he says "they tried, they tried, to bring him back" I see that as not the paramedics or the medical staff trying to bring him to life, but his fans trying to bring him back to his music career, to his public...because he uses "they" to refer to his fans...."they cried, they cried"  At the end when the lyrics fade out and "michael jackson died" is left on the screen, I see that as a message to his fans that he is in his new life (not death) and he is not going to be coming back to his fans in the way we know him so it is like a death.  The reason why this shocks me, is Cat Stevens "died" as well....back in the 70's at the HEIGHT of his fame and career, he found the religion Islam and gave up his fame completely for Islam...he had a farewell concert and everything.  Just like that...he was gone....His fans were in an uproar and turned on him...they trashed his music and for the longest time we didn't hear anything of him (he owns the catalog of his songs I have heard and refused anyone to have play rights to them)  It has only been recently that he has come to a position that he he is allowing his music to be played again and has decided to preform the old music as well, minus any lyrics that talk about sex.  I think this is relevant because when the rumor started that MJ converted to Islam, they said that Cat Stevens was there, he denied this.  I have not seen them connected in any other way so I think it is strange that Cat Stevens released this song.  This along with a couple other things...the necklace he wore and that was on his bed (some think, including me because I have one, that it is a Mesbeha, Islamic prayer beads) and the fact that dirty diana and pole girl was not in TII even though a dancer talks about rehearsing Dirty Diana.  Then there is a thread where a Muslim man...I forgot who...said that when he asked MJ if he was Muslim MJ said "Insh'Allah"  In Arabic this means "God Willing"  Someone told me they thought this was crazy and MJ was smarter than this...I reminded that person that THRILLER almost never was.  MJ in his own words told his fans that he wanted it destroyed because the elders in his Church were giving him a hard time about it and the only reason why we have it today is because someone went behind his back and didn't destroy it like he wanted!  MJ doing something drastic for his beliefs and religion is not something new.   If you read Rabbi Shmuley book you can see MJ was at a point in his life where he was asking spiritual questions, he was wanting to know answers and understand.  Rabbi says they went separate ways because MJ started acting like Rabbi was an irritation...I believe MJ distanced himself from Rabbi because he was learning something else that didn't agree with Rabii's beliefs.  He didn't need him anymore.  Any way, this is just a thought.  Enjoy:)  By the way...Cat Stevens has a successful Islamic recording career and gives many lectures at Islamic events and has a Mosque and an Islamic school for children in London.  All this after he disappeared from the public and immersed himself in his religion...He even learned Arabic!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

December 29, 2009, 08:20:37 AM
Here is Cat Stevens (Yusef Islam) now.... This song is what his father is telling him after Cat tells him he is leaving his career for Islam...By the way, this same song was the  song he sang for his fans along time ago...telling them he has to go away...hmmmm
[youtube:1jhsopj5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpX1ZjuaiA&feature=related[/youtube:1jhsopj5]
Now this is a song by a famous Islamic singer named Zain Bhikha....some have said this is really Michael Jackson...Listen and you be the judge...remember Milli Vanilli?????????
[youtube:1jhsopj5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIYFg41bp1w&feature=PlayList&p=D4185F264FB28EF2&index=6[/youtube:1jhsopj5]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2009, 08:25:39 AM
what a creepy song, don't like it at all...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 29, 2009, 08:59:33 AM
Are we sure that is Cat Stevens?? I love him usually but this doesnt have the same Cat Stevens feel to it..... Im not convinced that is him singing this song also because the lyrics are a tad amateur for him.. ....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everyday creates your HIStory.........
Everypath you take your leaving your legacy.......

mykidsmum

December 29, 2009, 09:26:29 AM
Quote from: "Leah-Kim"
Are we sure that is Cat Stevens?? I love him usually but this doesnt have the same Cat Stevens feel to it..... Im not convinced that is him singing this song also because the lyrics are a tad amateur for him.. ....
yes darling...It is him...LOL  Want more proof?
[youtube:11wjk1ym]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkX-kq0So9o[/youtube:11wjk1ym]
He does'nt sound the same because he's 30 years older....hearing this interview, doesn't it sound very similar to someone else we all know?  The roof tops could be MJ's giving tree....hmmmm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

December 29, 2009, 09:46:11 AM
cacat Stevens was a huge star and Ioved his music and he just went gave it all up for where his heart took him. Which was very  brave for him to do
I hope there is a connection between the two of them that would be so good
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

December 29, 2009, 09:50:22 AM
Morning Has Broken is a hymn we used to sing at School - my dad loved that song.  Its very old though.  I have a greatest hits CD of Cat Stevens - I love his music.  He is now known as Yusuf Islam and is recording again - he was on TV a couple of weeks ago singing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

December 31, 2009, 12:18:24 PM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
Quote from: "Hotgirl1"
I don't know if it's me or not but for some strange reason I hear Michael's vocals in the back ground almost as if he's singing backup but in a subtle way....you know what I mean? :?  idk...maybe it's me.
OMG!!!!  I was listening to it again tonight and I thought the same thing!!!  Does someone have the ability to separate the vocals like they do on youtube and make it acapella so we can hear it better?  Please someone analyze this:)

This is weird because I just listened to this song for the first time and I thought I heard Michael's voice in the background. :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am obsessed with a man I have never met, yet, I feel like I have known him forever.

Grace

December 31, 2009, 12:18:51 PM
Quote from: "mykidsmum"
Now this is a song by a famous Islamic singer named Zain Bhikha....some have said this is really Michael Jackson...Listen and you be the judge...remember Milli Vanilli?????????

Citing current comments to this video:

BlackCombNUK ( 7 hrs ago)
I´m Muslim.
But sorry... this is not MJ :-)

PatrickAnderson1985 (3 days ago)
"...since before his death and quite amplified now after, I have been inundated with e-mails and calls from people, organisations and the media asking me to clarify whether a song called "Give Thanks to Allah" was sung by Micheal Jackson or myself. So, to clarify, Micheal Jackson never sang this song. I wrote and recorded "Give Thanks to Allah" as a simple childrens song many years ago.... Sincerely,
Zain Bhikha"

source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

January 12, 2010, 01:13:53 AM
I love Cat Stevens, but he sings out of tune here, like he hadn't really established the tune OR he does it on purpose to emphasize the awkward uncertainties surrounding his "death". Certainly, not one of his better pieces  musically or poetically. Cat Stevens's compositions are deliberate in every word & repetition of words and yet, there's often been a mystery about them. This song can obviously be interpreted as dead or ailve. Though the drone is not very inspiring; quite solemn. So, OK Cat, we know...more will be revealed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We need to give Michael a living legacy of true honor.
"Stand-up, stand-up" to clear his name.
Isn\'t this the least we can do for him ?

January 12, 2010, 05:53:04 AM
I find it difficult to believe this is Cat Stevens.  Is there proof, like maybe a video of him singing it or on one of his albums?  I had his albums growing up and this is not his style at all, nor does it sound like him even at his age today.  In his newer albums, (you can listen to the samples on Amazon) his voice is higher and his songs are light and spiritual with his signature guitar sound and drums in the background.   Not the low gravely voice with heavy piano and blaring instruments.  Where did this come from?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 13, 2010, 06:15:14 PM
Quote from: "nevernevernever"
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
I don't know what to say about this - apart from its not a very good song, is it?    :?

Simple but alive. Lovely tribute. But surprising move from cat , though.

i'm just thinking that this is indeed surprising. i've never heard of any connection between yusuf/cat islam/stevens and michael jackson. i guess that would have been reported upon for sure. not that i couldn't imagine it but i would think that as a fellow artist, you write a tribute for someone you know personally. other than the islamic tie, i don't see why he would write such a song. i just don't see the connection between the two of them.  

and i agree to the first quote, it's not very good. kinda sinister...i was a huge fan of cat stevens and practiced guitar to his songs when i was 12 and he was totally popular then (mid-late 70s). and his main feature were the beautiful melodies and of course, his great singing voice. all his songs had a very positive vibe, even if the lyrics were serious. he even did a marvellous soundtrack for a great movie called 'harold and maude'. highly recommended!
his islamic songs still have that 'good' vibe. this song doesn't suit him somehow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

February 13, 2010, 06:52:25 PM
Quote from: "Wizard of Oz"
his "earth song" :-)

Morning has broken like the first morning,
blackbird has spoken like the first bird.
Praise for them singing, praise for the morning,
praise for them springing, fresh from the world.

Sweet the rain's new fall sunlit from heaven,
like the first dewall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
sprung in completeness where his feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight ! Mine is the morning
born on the one light Eden saw play !
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day.

Cat Stevens never wrote this. Its a well known Christian Hymn written in 1931 by  Eleanor Farjeon. It was sung back in the 70's by nearly all british school kids at their morning assembly. Cat Stevens recorded it for his album Teaser and the Firecat in 1971 it got to no 6 in the US charts wich led most people to assume he wrote it. So it's not his Earth song and shouldnt take credit for it. At least Michael can take full credit for his Earth Song  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~*~*Shoot for the Moon ~ Even if you miss you land among the Stars*~*~
We only live once. Since we are given the gift of life, it should be a persistent endeavour to immortalize ourselves, no matter what field of endeavour we choose\' .. Michael Jackson
Michael to me your not an icon nor a superstar .. your just a boy that this girl fell in love with a very long time ago.