You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Spike Lee bringing Michael Jackson documentary to ABC
Acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee's documentary 'Bad25' traces Michael Jackson's vision during the making of 'Bad,' follow-up to his groundbreaking 'Thriller.'

August 28, 2012, 1:53 p.m.
ABC has acquired the television rights to Spike Lee’s upcoming Michael Jackson documentary, the network announced Tuesday. 

The acclaimed filmmaker, who had previously collaborated with Jackson, has been prepping “Bad25,” a documentary tracing the late king of pop’s creative vision during the making of “Bad,” the follow-up to his groundbreaking “Thriller.” It is one of two major projects pegged to the 25th anniversary of the 1987 hit-filled album.

“This will be a very special Thanksgiving for all families to enjoy the genius of Michael Jackson,” Lee said in a statement. “Big thanks to ABC for allowing people to witness the making of Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ album.”

Lee teamed with Jackson’s estate and Legacy/Epic Records to search their archives for never-before-seen footage, including some shot by Jackson himself. The director also conducted interviews with some of Jackson’s confidants, choreographers, musicians and collaborators, including Martin Scorsese, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, L.A. Reid and Kanye West.

Before Lee’s documentary "Bad 25" airs on Thanksgiving, the film will premiere next month at the Toronto International Film Festival.

“Bad,” the third and final album collaboration between Jackson and Quincy Jones, made history with five consecutive No. 1 singles.

To commemorate the anniversary, his estate, in collaboration with Epic/Legacy Recordings, will reissue the disc -- the first re-release of an album from Jackson's catalog since his 2009 death.

Dubbed “Bad 25" (like his 2008 “Thriller” reissue), the deluxe package will feature three CDs, two collectible booklets and the first-ever authorized DVD release of a concert from his record-breaking Bad tour.

Of the three CDs, one is a remastered version of “Bad,” another features demos and songs recorded in Jackson’s studio that didn't make the cut, as well as remixes, and the third will feature audio from the soundtrack recordings of the accompanying DVD, making it Jackson’s first live album.

The album will hit stores Sept. 18.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks for posting. I found an interview about it too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60bXzdHWAng [/youtube]

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Guess the Dallas Cowboys will have to wait.  Turkey and MJ is all I want on my menu this Thanksgiving.  :beerchug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

MJonmind

Just told hubby what I want for my birthday--and he goes--'oh just buy it if you want it'! :th_bravo:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Thanks for posting. I found an interview about it too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60bXzdHWAng [/youtube]

Thanks everlasting for sharing !!!  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

finfin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QX7apebWaE [/youtube]

Lee brings Michael Jackson "Bad" magic to big screen

VENICE | Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21am EDT
(Reuters) - Spike Lee's film about the making of Michael Jackson's 1987 album "Bad" may border on hagiography at times, but live footage and the singer's attention to detail when at the peak of his powers are a reminder of why he remains the "King of Pop".

The two-hour documentary called "Bad 25", which has its world premiere at the Venice film festival on Friday, is a familiar mix of talking heads - choreographers, producers and stars - and film of concerts, rehearsals and music videos.

Released to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Jackson's acclaimed follow-up to "Thriller", Lee provides few surprises for Jackson aficionados, but paints a picture of a genius at work who cared about every step of the production process.

"I think that it was too many years we've ... concentrated on stuff about Michael Jackson that had nothing to do with the music," Lee told reporters, 25 years to the day after Bad hit the shelves.

The documentary, which Lee called his "love letter" to Jackson, has the backing both of the singer's estate and his record label, giving Lee access to many of the key players in the making of what is regarded as a milestone album.

"It was a chance to really dig into his creative process," he added.

"We all are blessed with the final work, but it's rare that you get to see how something is put together. We just see the final product. We don't see the blood, sweat and tears, all the work that goes into how the masters work."

Among the novelties is footage taken by Jackson himself, using a handheld camera, of Siedah Garrett singing "Man in the Mirror", the song she co-wrote for the star, a cappella save for an off-camera clicking of fingers laying down the beat.

There are also small yet enlightening insights and hints as to Jackson's true character, be it his interest in women, competitive spirit, professional drive or obsession over the smallest riff and dance step.

Garrett, for example, recalls how Jackson playfully threw popcorn at her as she tried to record "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", earning her, but not Jackson, a sharp rebuke from the onlooking producer Quincy Jones.

"NOT OF THIS WORLD"

Sheryl Crow said she was often asked whether Jackson became aroused when they performed a raunchy rendition of the song on his record-breaking "Bad" tour. She did not provide an answer.

Actress Tatiana Thumbtzen speculated that mint on the singer's breath suggested he may have been prepared for a kiss at the end of the "The Way You Make Me Feel" video, despite strict instructions only to embrace the singer.

Lawyer John Branca, who administers Jackson's estate following his death aged 50 in 2009, recalled a meeting Jackson arranged with his arch-rival Prince.

"It was not a happy meeting," he said, adding Prince had brought along a "voodoo box" which Jackson feared meant he was trying to cast a spell on him.

That rivalry was part of a competitive streak in Jackson that drove him to try to top the sensational success of his 1982 album "Thriller", still the best-selling album of all time, with Bad five years later.

He even scrawled "100,000,000" on his mirror to remind him of his target. While industry estimates vary widely, Thriller is estimated to have sold between 60-110 million copies worldwide, while Bad went on to sell 30-45 million.

Nothing, it seemed, was too trival. In one sequence, Jackson comically re-enacts exactly how he wants two animated characters who feature in a commercial to behave.

On a more serious level, Lee explores how Jackson's Afro-American roots were important to him, despite his gradually transforming facial features that made him appear more Caucasian.

Several interviewees could not contain their tears as they remembered when they heard of Jackson's passing, and several voiced their conviction at the time that it was not true.

Crow was among those who struggled to explain Jackson's talent. "The molecules changed in the room," she said of his presence. "He changed the molecules."

Near the end of Bad 25 there is a memorable live performance of "Man in the Mirror", after which Jackson holds his hands aloft to form the shape of a cross.

"Michael's not here to answer that. I cannot say he's trying to be Jesus Christ," Lee said in answer to a reporter's question.

"I'm not going to say that Michael was saying he was Jesus Christ, but you look at that performance - he's somewhere else. That's one of the greatest performances ever. You see the way Michael's singing that song, he is not of this world."

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

Wow - loved reading this. Thank you for sharing.

I am especially glad that ABC is going to show this - I hope it breaks all records and shows Michael how much he's still loved and missed. I am thankful that Spike Lee is involved because he will do Michael justice.

Now I have to ask - is this more of "getting to know the man we never knew"? Is this something Michael anticipated or is this just a natural progression of events by people who think MJ is no longer walking among us.

Michael - I hope this continues to wake up the world to your gentle genius. Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Thanks for sharing finfin.
I agree with you voiceforthesilent, I wonder if Spike Lee is in on the hoax or not, what do you guys think? I am a bit confused with this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

WOW - Awesome - She came at me in sections, she was bad, she was Dangerous …  :beerchug:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRj5NU4UBU[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QX7apebWaE [/youtube]

Lee brings Michael Jackson "Bad" magic to big screen

VENICE | Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21am EDT
(Reuters) - Spike Lee's film about the making of Michael Jackson's 1987 album "Bad" may border on hagiography at times, but live footage and the singer's attention to detail when at the peak of his powers are a reminder of why he remains the "King of Pop".

The two-hour documentary called "Bad 25", which has its world premiere at the Venice film festival on Friday, is a familiar mix of talking heads - choreographers, producers and stars - and film of concerts, rehearsals and music videos.

Released to coincide with the 25th anniversary of Jackson's acclaimed follow-up to "Thriller", Lee provides few surprises for Jackson aficionados, but paints a picture of a genius at work who cared about every step of the production process.

"I think that it was too many years we've ... concentrated on stuff about Michael Jackson that had nothing to do with the music," Lee told reporters, 25 years to the day after Bad hit the shelves.

The documentary, which Lee called his "love letter" to Jackson, has the backing both of the singer's estate and his record label, giving Lee access to many of the key players in the making of what is regarded as a milestone album.

"It was a chance to really dig into his creative process," he added.

"We all are blessed with the final work, but it's rare that you get to see how something is put together. We just see the final product. We don't see the blood, sweat and tears, all the work that goes into how the masters work."

Among the novelties is footage taken by Jackson himself, using a handheld camera, of Siedah Garrett singing "Man in the Mirror", the song she co-wrote for the star, a cappella save for an off-camera clicking of fingers laying down the beat.

There are also small yet enlightening insights and hints as to Jackson's true character, be it his interest in women, competitive spirit, professional drive or obsession over the smallest riff and dance step.

Garrett, for example, recalls how Jackson playfully threw popcorn at her as she tried to record "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", earning her, but not Jackson, a sharp rebuke from the onlooking producer Quincy Jones.

"NOT OF THIS WORLD"

Sheryl Crow said she was often asked whether Jackson became aroused when they performed a raunchy rendition of the song on his record-breaking "Bad" tour. She did not provide an answer.

Actress Tatiana Thumbtzen speculated that mint on the singer's breath suggested he may have been prepared for a kiss at the end of the "The Way You Make Me Feel" video, despite strict instructions only to embrace the singer.

Lawyer John Branca, who administers Jackson's estate following his death aged 50 in 2009, recalled a meeting Jackson arranged with his arch-rival Prince.

"It was not a happy meeting," he said, adding Prince had brought along a "voodoo box" which Jackson feared meant he was trying to cast a spell on him.

That rivalry was part of a competitive streak in Jackson that drove him to try to top the sensational success of his 1982 album "Thriller", still the best-selling album of all time, with Bad five years later.

He even scrawled "100,000,000" on his mirror to remind him of his target. While industry estimates vary widely, Thriller is estimated to have sold between 60-110 million copies worldwide, while Bad went on to sell 30-45 million.

Nothing, it seemed, was too trival. In one sequence, Jackson comically re-enacts exactly how he wants two animated characters who feature in a commercial to behave.

On a more serious level, Lee explores how Jackson's Afro-American roots were important to him, despite his gradually transforming facial features that made him appear more Caucasian.

Several interviewees could not contain their tears as they remembered when they heard of Jackson's passing, and several voiced their conviction at the time that it was not true.

Crow was among those who struggled to explain Jackson's talent. "The molecules changed in the room," she said of his presence. "He changed the molecules."

Near the end of Bad 25 there is a memorable live performance of "Man in the Mirror", after which Jackson holds his hands aloft to form the shape of a cross.

"Michael's not here to answer that. I cannot say he's trying to be Jesus Christ," Lee said in answer to a reporter's question.

"I'm not going to say that Michael was saying he was Jesus Christ, but you look at that performance - he's somewhere else. That's one of the greatest performances ever. You see the way Michael's singing that song, he is not of this world."

I liked what Spike Lee said, but MJ is in this world. Thanks guys for sharing.  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

finfin

I wonder if any of the mods would be kind enough to merge the 3 threads that are talking about the same thing, many thanks in advance

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal