AdiTopic starter

MJ ESTATE
Coughed Up $55,000
To Pay Off 'Thriller' Chick

1/4/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

$55,000 ... that's how much it took for the chick from Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
music video to call a truce in her war with the MJ estate ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Ola Ray settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year, and
 now we know what for ... $55,000 to Ola ... and $20,000 to her lawyer.

Ola originally filed the suit against MJ and his production company in May 2009 -- a
month before Jackson passed away -- claiming breach of contract. Ola said she was still
owed a massive chunk of the "Thriller" profits ... nearly 30 years after it was released.

The director of the music video John Landis -- who filed a similar lawsuit against the
estate -- has also settled ... but he wanted in excess of $2 million, so we're guessing he
got a little more than Ola.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:56:29 AM by Adi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

everlastinglove_MJ

TMZ broke the story ... Ola Ray settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year

"@TMZ, i think you mean 'earlier last year', get your facts straight please" :icon_e_wink:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ Girlfriend Ola Ray Grateful For Opportunity

.By Billy Johnson, Jr. | Hip-Hop Media Training – Sat, Jun 23, 2012 3:11 PM EDT.. .

Michael Jackson, Ola Ray (photo: MCA/Universal / Courtesy: Everett Collection)On Monday, it will be three years to the day that the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, died at the age of 50.

Ola Ray, the female lead in his iconic 1983 "Thriller" video, still can't forget the experience of working with him.

Ray -- now 51 and living in Sacramento, Calif., with her teenage daughter -- landed the gig after Flashdance actress Jennifer Beals turned it down. She almost didn't get it after video director John Landis learned she had posed in a 1980 Playboy centerfold. But Jackson didn't seem to mind her racy past. "He seemed taken by the fact that I was a Playboy model," Ray told the Sunday Mirror.

The 13-minute horror short -- which the Guinness Book of World Records calls the most successful music video of all time, selling more than 9 million copies -- depicts the two on a date. It takes a very dark turn when the singer transforms into a werewolf.

From day one, Ray said she and Jackson had chemistry.

Ola Ray on ABC News."When we did the dancing, when he had to walk around me and flirt with me … That was when I was like 'Oh my God, like Ola, I could not believe I was the girl, I was the one chosen,'" she told ABC News in a 2010 interview.

Jackson was playful off-camera as well.

"He kept saying, 'I can't wait until I do the werewolf scenes so I can chase you,'" she told author Mark Bego for his book On The Road With Michael.

Though the two flirted and shared some private time in his trailer on the set, she said they were never intimate because Jackson had eyes for someone else.

Ola Ray in "Playboy.""We had a working relationship, it was nothing other than that," she told ABC News. "He was into Brooke Shields."

She and Jackson remained friends after making the video. Jackson even flew her to Germany to accept an award for "Thriller" — which she later got to keep.

"He wanted to send someone else to come pick it up [from me], but I told him, 'No. If you don't come pick it up yourself, then you're not going to get it,'" said Ray, who went on to land small roles in Beverly Hills Cop II, Gimme A Break! and Cheers. "He didn't come get it, so he called and told me it was mine. I could keep it."

The two had some drama: In 2009, a month before he died, she sued his estate for unpaid royalties (they ended up reaching a settlement in May 2012).

Ola Ray talking to reporters after Michael Jackson's death."Michael would always re-release Thriller in different packages so that I would get my royalties," she said in a statement after his death. "He really did his personal best to help me while he was alive. Unfortunately, the people handling his estate have not been acting according to his wishes since his death."

Ultimately, Jackson left an indelible mark on her life

"I have a huge poster of Michael, just of himself and then I have the 25th Anniversary album," she said in the ABC News interview. "Then, I have a picture of us walking together in the video … I see Michael every morning when I wake up."

Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:00:05 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Okay, so why is TMZ redirecting us to OLD SETTLED lawsuits about Thriller? (and the amount of $55,000. puleeeze...). I remember reading in probaate documents about the settlements, and it certainly wasn't that amount!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"@TMZ, i think you mean 'earlier last year', get your facts straight please" :icon_e_wink:

Lol cant get any error past us!
Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:01:08 AM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
I wonder how did they formulate that amount of money?  :ghsdf:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ellyd

Not money. The amount is ridiculous. That's not the focus.
I read this:

MJ ESTATE
Coughed Up $55,000

C U
TPotC

"The Passion of the Christ"
Release date: USA    25 February

See you Feb 25.

But don't nail me on that one. It's just what I read.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Okay, so why is TMZ redirecting us to OLD SETTLED lawsuits about Thriller? (and the amount of $55,000. puleeeze...). I remember reading in probaate documents about the settlements, and it certainly wasn't that amount!)

I read it as a reminder that things / issues are being /getting settled , and I certainly see it as a reply to our recent frustrations .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Not money. The amount is ridiculous. That's not the focus.
I read this:

MJ ESTATE
Coughed Up $55,000

C U
TPotC

"The Passion of the Christ"
Release date: USA    25 February

See you Feb 25.

But don't nail me on that one. It's just what I read.

We were thinking of the same thing with the letters...too funny. 
I was also playing around with gematria (what's new, lol)
Here we go.......

98 = CUTPOTC = trust, whisper, daddys home, Arnie Kline, together, morphine, Apple Live, the day he died, Alpha and Omega, dualisims

Just for laughs, I put in the spelled out version 55,000

210 = fifty five thousand = Commander In Cheif Zombie
*yes "Cheif" is misspelled .....should be "Chief" but it's the same letters, so same value applies  :suspect:
funny the article is talking about
"Thriller"....zombies and all :fresse:

Don't worry, ellyd, I won't nail you on it, lol!!!! 
Have a great day!!

Blessings!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

diggyon

1/4/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The date and time when this article was published seem to be very interesting!

date:

1+4+2+1+3= 11

time:

1+2+4= 7

Any ideas???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

ellyd

The funny thing about all those dates / times given in an article title is: they are just "so-said" date and time data.
They are not giving the time the words were added to the database and not the time somebody decided "publish as of now" and pushed a button. It's just additional words in "to be filled" metadata space for their content management and/or SEO (web search engine) matters. These metadata description words could be altered, left out, whatever.
It's only by screenshot (or wayback machine cached data in the web) that we would be able to identify what was said at a "so-said" point of time in the web. Not comparable to a printed page that one can hold in one's hands and have proof of what was published at a certain moment.

Given the features of this article date / time, it is no more or less true than the rest of the article.
Mutazione autentica. ;-)

P.S. If you want to know what a site looked like at a certain moment: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or use Bing search engine. Google stopped a while ago to provide cached sites.
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:15:52 AM by ellyd
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AdiTopic starter

The only thing I saw of significance in the title was MJ and Thriller

says it all really.............
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AdiTopic starter

The "coughed up" in the headline has me thinking too......being winter in the Northern Hemisphere and all the illness that goes along with winter....maybe MJ is sick? ......."coughed up".......cold.....flu.....chest infection?? Thriller is put off

Therefore no BAM,  a "necessary early Christmas" from Front and no deadline met by TS because MJ was sick?

Just thinking out loud I suppose....or waaaayyyyyy outside the box....  :icon_lol:  :icon_e_confused:
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:44:25 AM by Adi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
The "coughed up" in the headline has me thinking too......being winter in the Northern Hemisphere and all the illness that goes along with winter....maybe MJ is sick? ......."coughed up".......cold.....flu.....chest infection?? Thriller is put off

Therefore no BAM,  a "necessary early Christmas" from Front and no deadline met by TS because MJ was sick?

Just thinking out loud I suppose....or waaaayyyyyy outside the box....  :icon_lol:  :icon_e_confused:

It could be very well the reason of those "COMPLICATIONS" because we all know that Michael to BAM would have to be in perfect conditions to give the 100% of himself.

Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:51:53 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

P.S. If you want to know what a site looked like at a certain moment: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or use Bing search engine. Google stopped a while ago to provide cached sites.

Hey that's really cool. Thank you for sharing  :icon_e_wink:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal