Re: Piers Morgan interview with Joe Jackson
January 31, 2013, 10:40:14 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Adi:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the voice recording of Michael speaking at the end of this Piers interview does not sound like Michael? (starting at about 19:18) sounds too nasally or something compared to all the other interviews/recordings etc when I have heard Michael speak....

I thought he sounded different as well in that recording.  Perhaps it was more his natural speaking voice, the lower register, as opposed to his "public" speaking voice.  It's also not the greatest recording, sound quality-wise.

That was supposed to be Michael at the end  :icon_e_confused:  I thought it was someone else.  Need to take another listen.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

suspicious mind

January 31, 2013, 11:36:00 AM
um i can see the interviewer having notes for the interview, but is it common for the people who are being interviewed to have them? i have never noticed this before.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

January 31, 2013, 11:56:00 AM
I know we talked about how or why a fan would call Joe in Vegas to let him know about 6/25.  During this interview when Joe mentions that Michael tried to get in touch with him before 6/25 but couldn't, I find this to be a contradiction to say the least.  A fan can reach Joe, but Michael (or Michael's bodyguards) can't reach him??? That's all I'm going to say about that...

When asked about the THIS IS IT shows, Joe says THE SHOWS WERE VERY IMPORTANT FOR MICHAEL, HE WAS GOING TO TAKE THAT MONEY AND BUILD A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.  This exact subject only came up during the trial with the recording that Murray had made of Michael saying these words.  But for 3 1/2 years now, all the interviews that were done by other family members, no one said those words before.  They would say something like, MICHAEL WAS VERY EXCITED, HE WAS WORKING VERY HARD, HE HAD A FIVE YEAR PLAN, THIS IS IT BUT THIS IS NOT IT and so on... But none of the family members interviewed mentioned a children's hospital before...
Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:58:17 AM by Faithad777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

January 31, 2013, 12:02:49 PM
A couple things stuck out to me about the interview. 

Piers showed the clip of Paris crying at the Memorial and asked Joseph what his reaction to that was.   Joe was kinda smiling or smirking and said "well Michael always said she was a piece of work".  Lol, what kind of reaction is that?

Joseph had very positive things to say about Michael, I'm sure someone will upload the full thing on youtube soon then we can post it here.  The other thing I wanted to mention was Joseph said if everyone were like Michael, there would be no wars.

Exactly.  A grandfather smirks at his granddaughter crying on stage after her father/his son dies.  Nice guy.   :WTF:

OR Is he giving a nod to her excellent and convincing performance and provide a clue by saying Paris is a piece of (the) work.   In other words, Michael has always said she would be a part of the hoax.  As is Joe, of course.   :thjajaja121:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

January 31, 2013, 12:24:42 PM
Piece of work:

1. piece of work
Someone who -- although often interesting -- is difficult to get along with on an every day basis. They often make simple things overly complex, or argue points ad infinitum.
Can you drive by my house this evening on your way to work? 
Sure, I'll drive by. Do you want me to stop and pick you up when I'm driving by? 
Of course I do. You're a real piece of work, aren't you?

2. piece of work
Unaware of one's foolishness. Originates from "What a Piece of Work is Man" monologue from Hamlet. More precisely an 
ironic reflection of how little most men achieve despite being endowed 
with relatively enormous powers to act and reason. Generally used as a 
sarcastic "compliment."My boss can't operate the photocopier without the assistance of half the admin staff. He's a real piece of work!

3. piece of work
A person whose stupidity and ignorance never fail to amaze you.dad: how could you end up with a $10,000 credit card bill?
me: let me think, I go to strip clubs every night...
dad: (shaking his head) you're a real piece of work.

4. piece of work
a person who is both crazed and bizarre, yet charming at the same time
When my friend calls Shakespeare a hack trying to look like a good writer, I call her a piece of work

5. Piece of Work 
A real character, a unique individual.ShaElaiza: I doubt it, Hana F! I think the challenge themes kinda intrigued her, that's all.
Hana Fedora: I think there's more to it..I sincerely do. You're a piece of work Sha. You're my winner in your own competition.

6. piece of work 
I'm not sure what it means. My boss says it all the time.
1) He says it about attractive women.
2) He says it about a retarded guy wearing a neon yellow reflective vest and riding a tricycle on the sidewalk.1) Wooo, look at her. She's a piece of work.
2) Look at that guy. He's a piece of work isn't he?

7. piece of work
 Someone that is married to an idiotic idea, to the point of being obtuseRobert and Mitchell on DOB's Braves baseball blog are convinced that every
game the Braves lose if because of Bobby Cox. Man those guys are a real
piece of work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

RK

January 31, 2013, 12:32:08 PM
The trailer for Joe's doco....

I just watched this trailer....looks like it may be intriguing....also notice a  "countdown clock" ( a hoax tradition for insiders...false and real  :icon_lol: ) to the release date - which, from my calculations, is April 25th 2013 (1400 days from June 25th 2009)

Sure does look interesting. First thing I noticed was the use of Trent Reznor/ NIN song "Hurt"...Johny Cash's version....  my fav. This version was posted  on the Front thread when we were discussing Nine Inch Nails  there back in the day. What are the odds of that song being used in the doco out of all the other songs out there to choose from?  :icon_e_surprised:

When Joe says that a fan called him about Michael being taken away in the ambulance, I think that fan was Sharon Sydney if memory serves me right. 
Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:58:51 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2013, 12:48:49 PM
Piece of work:

1. piece of work
Someone who -- although often interesting -- is difficult to get along with on an every day basis. They often make simple things overly complex, or argue points ad infinitum.
Can you drive by my house this evening on your way to work?
Sure, I'll drive by. Do you want me to stop and pick you up when I'm driving by?
Of course I do. You're a real piece of work, aren't you?

2. piece of work
Unaware of one's foolishness. Originates from "What a Piece of Work is Man" monologue from Hamlet. More precisely an
ironic reflection of how little most men achieve despite being endowed
with relatively enormous powers to act and reason. Generally used as a
sarcastic "compliment."My boss can't operate the photocopier without the assistance of half the admin staff. He's a real piece of work!

3. piece of work
A person whose stupidity and ignorance never fail to amaze you.dad: how could you end up with a $10,000 credit card bill?
me: let me think, I go to strip clubs every night...
dad: (shaking his head) you're a real piece of work.

4. piece of work
a person who is both crazed and bizarre, yet charming at the same time
When my friend calls Shakespeare a hack trying to look like a good writer, I call her a piece of work

5. Piece of Work
A real character, a unique individual.ShaElaiza: I doubt it, Hana F! I think the challenge themes kinda intrigued her, that's all.
Hana Fedora: I think there's more to it..I sincerely do. You're a piece of work Sha. You're my winner in your own competition.

6. piece of work
I'm not sure what it means. My boss says it all the time.
1) He says it about attractive women.
2) He says it about a retarded guy wearing a neon yellow reflective vest and riding a tricycle on the sidewalk.1) Wooo, look at her. She's a piece of work.
2) Look at that guy. He's a piece of work isn't he?

7. piece of work
 Someone that is married to an idiotic idea, to the point of being obtuseRobert and Mitchell on DOB's Braves baseball blog are convinced that every
game the Braves lose if because of Bobby Cox. Man those guys are a real
piece of work.

I agree bec, that was certainly an inappropriate choice of phrasing to use for your own grandchild on national t.v. as certainly Joe was well aware of the large viewing audience since he said from jump that he wanted to be seen all over the world in this interview.  But of course that was because he was promoting his own ish even though there were time constraints that cut his self promoting a bit short.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

MJonmind

January 31, 2013, 01:19:38 PM
Bec, I totally took it as #5 you listed—“A real character, a unique individual.” That’s how I usually perceive the word used.  And THAT she sure is, that we’ve seen!  I take it as Joe complimenting her.

Michael’s voice in the tapes do seem off to me too, but then again he has spoken in a variety of tones—actor that he is.   Seth Riggs said his voice had a huge natural range, but he chose to speak in the higher register.

In The Architect trailer, who is it that says, “I thought he staged his own death"?

Architect:
1. designer, planner, draughtsman, master builder Employ an architect to make sure the plans comply with regulations.
2. creator, father, shaper, engineer, author, maker, designer, founder, deviser, planner, inventor, contriver, originator, prime mover, instigator, initiator the country's chief architect of economic reform
But could he have helped MJ with any of the other "contriving" as well?
When the Jackson's were having their big feud in the summer 2012, I thought it strange that TMZ hinted that it must be Joe Jackson behind it all, but he was way over in Las Vegas and seemingly not involved. Remember?
Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:04:17 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2013, 01:38:12 PM
Joe may mean #5 on bec's post as MJonmind mentioned.  He may also be hinting at #1, Someone who -- although often interesting -- is difficult to get along with on an every day basis. They often make simple things overly complex, or argue points ad infinitum.
When I see Paris crying at MJ's memorial and giving that speech, my first response would be that she loves her father very much, she misses him, she is very close to him, but I would not respond the way Joe did.  I think what Joe may be implying is that she is acting on that stage, he doesn't say anything about how hard it is for Paris to lose her father, but all he says is "she is a piece of work..."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2013, 01:43:25 PM
I took it a little differently since he followed it up with it’s harder to raise girls than boys; she’s a good girl, but you have to work with her a little bit too.  What does that mean?  Maybe it’s just me and my history of having a bit of difficulty trying to love Joe after Michael was brought to tears talking about being abused by him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

January 31, 2013, 02:00:14 PM
Maybe it’s just me and my history of having a bit of difficulty trying to love Joe after Michael was brought to tears talking about being abused by him.

It's not just you who feels this way about Joe, hes.  Paris looks to be very bright, strong and someone who is a protector looking out for her brothers and anyone else in the family that she loves. I also think she is very much like Michael, in that she is not a pushover, has her own mind and speaks her mind.  May be that's what Joe means.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

January 31, 2013, 05:22:28 PM
The trailer for Joe's doco....

I just watched this trailer....looks like it may be intriguing....also notice a  "countdown clock" ( a hoax tradition for insiders...false and real  :icon_lol: ) to the release date - which, from my calculations, is April 25th 2013 (1400 days from June 25th 2009)

Sure does look interesting. First thing I noticed was the use of Trent Reznor/ NIN song "Hurt"...Johny Cash's version....  my fav. This version was posted  on the Front thread when we were discussing Nine Inch Nails  there back in the day. What are the odds of that song being used in the doco out of all the other songs out there to choose from?  :icon_e_surprised:

When Joe says that a fan called him about Michael being taken away in the ambulance, I think that fan was Sharon Sydney if memory serves me right. 

Oh yep - I had forgotten about that!

I think this doco may hold quite a few interesting nuggets. It certainly has my interest. There is the guy who says "that son of a b*tch, because I thought he had staged his own death"  then straight to  "it's not over" ....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
January 31, 2013, 05:26:25 PM
I think Paris has stronger personality than Prince has and Joe was probably referring to that when he said Paris is a piece of work, but at the same time I can't discard that Joe was referring to her as a main piece of this hoax, when I ever listen to Joe I always remember Michael's song "Price of Fame" and the lyrics: "Father never lies my father never lies" , I automatically remember when Larry King interviewed Joe and asked him: where is Michael's body?? and Joe answered: I don't know, he was probably referring to he didn't know where exactly was Michael hidden, and the most important thing of this interview was when he said: THE SHOWS WERE VERY IMPORTANT FOR MICHAEL, HE WAS GOING TO TAKE THAT MONEY AND BUILD A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL, so that's why I have the gut feeling that when Joe talks he always says the truth and we should listen to him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

January 31, 2013, 05:55:32 PM
I wonder if Joe has anything to do with this:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

paula-c

January 31, 2013, 06:14:46 PM
Just a snippet:

Joe, "They treated him (MJ) like Howard Hughes. Family couldn't get to him, like they should've."

(Does anyone know how to put up the videos now--it's always saying invalid link for me?)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4I-OyPEuzH0[/youtube]  [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XXtXLNpd0aM[/youtube]

Did Howard Hughes Fake His Own Death?

Howard Hughes, the famous pilot, industrialist, and billionaire who once broke aviation speed records with planes like his now famous "Spruce Goose," reportedly didn't die as he claimed he had in 1976.  The billionaire aircraft Tycoon is certainly no stranger to controversy, but the latest claim by Mark Musick in his latest book no doubt will raise many questions as he says the late billionaire who died in 2009 at the age of 93 years old, or if he had been born when Howard Hughes had been, 104 years of age.

Nik McLelland, who died in 2009 is the subject of Musick's latest book, "Boxes: The Secret Life of Howard Hughes" wherein he uses evidence he has gathered over the course of the past few years to determine once and for all that Hughes faked his own death in 1976 using instead a body double who became the reclusive long haired Hughes we all know from his later life.  Musick is hosting a presentation later today to present to skeptics and believers his discovery and convince them that the real Howard Hughes lived long after his reported death and even married while under a surname.

Those familiar with Howard Hughes will certainly be no stranger to the controversy surrounding his death and his subsequent estate.  In 1976 a gas station attendant named Melvin Dummar achieved national notoriety when he came forward with a hand written will he claimed to belong to Hughes.  Dummar claimed to have seen the old man on the side of the road and decided to come forward and even take him to a hotel in Las Vegas.  The man explained after he reached the hotel that he was indeed the reclusive billionaire and wrote him a will in which he left $156 million to the gas station attendant who had helped him one lonely night.  Of course this story was highly controversial and eventually ended in Dummar being labeled an opportunist and a swindler looking to cash in on the death of a billionaire whom he had never met.

Later another woman, Terry Moore, came forward claiming to have been married to Hughes in 1984 while the two were on a yacht in 1949.  The two had never divorced, and Moore's bestselling novel "Beauty and the Billionaire received national attention for several years afterward.  The woman eventually received an unknown amount from Howard Hughes' estate.

The long list of litigations that followed Mr. Hughes' death are no doubt motivation according to Musick's narrative for why Mr. Hughes would have wanted to get away from his life filled with airplanes, hotels, and dollar signs.  Of course it's understandable why Mr. Hughes would have wanted to desire a simple life at times.  But was he actually motivated enough to outlive his own legacy in isolation?  And furthermore, could even a man of Howard Hughes' stature have somehow found a way to live to be 104 years old?  It's certainly not a world record, but it would be incredibly rare.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login :icon_eek: :suspect:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions