AdiTopic starter

CONRAD MURRAY
To Take the 5th
In Katherine Jackson Suit

3/17/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sounds a little weird, but Conrad Murray -- who has already been convicted and
serving time for killing Michael Jackson -- will exercise his 5th Amendment right against
 self-incrimination in Katherine Jackson's lawsuit against AEG.

Michael's mom is suing AEG, claiming the company negligently hired and supervised
Murray, which resulted in her son's death.  Katherine has subpoenaed Murray to explain
his arrangement with AEG.

Sources connected with the case tell TMZ ... Murray's lawyer, Valerie Wass, will file legal
docs ... arguing she is appealing Murray's conviction, and if it's overturned it's likely he'd
be re-tried.  If that happens, what he says could still be used against him, so Wass wants
Murray to keep his trap shut.

It's pretty crazy, since Murray has already served almost a year-and-a-half.  By the time
his case is appealed, he'll probably be out.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:27:41 AM by Adi
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AdiTopic starter

Bummer......I was hopin' he'd let fly  :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

It's pretty crazy, since Murray has already served almost a year-and-a-half.  By the time 
his case is appealed, he'll probably be out.

Because of all the time wasting delays with this whole appeal, I said something similar in the TIAI discussion, that his time in jail will be up before the appeal gets sorted.  And even if his appeal was successful, it would seem he would be re-tried? (overturned convictions must be an exception to the double jeopardy clause).  At this point, it seems like the appeal is not worth it, but that would be strictly from a non-hoax standpoint.

Murray could always change his mind! (assuming TMZ is telling the "truth" here)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

If that happens, what he says could still be used against him, so Wass wants
Murray to keep his trap shut.

Funny thing is that Front used the word TRAP recently

….and never WILL!

MJ has those buffoons running around in circles like blind yip-yapper dogs buzzed up on crack, trying to sniff out their own sh^t.

Like I said----> falling right into the TRASH…..ugh, I mean TRAP.

:ghsdf:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

Conrad Murray ordered to meet with Katherine Jackson's lawyers
By Alan Duke, CNN
February 21, 2013 -- Updated 1847 GMT (0247 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Jackson lawyers can question Conrad Murray about Michael Jackson's death, judge says
Murray's lawyer says she will advise him to use his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent
"But Dr. Murray has a mind of his own,"lawyer Valerie Wass says
Michael Jackson's mother and children are suing concert promoter AEG Live
Los Angeles (CNN) -- A judge has ordered Dr. Conrad Murray to meet with Katherine Jackson's lawyers next month for a deposition in her wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live.

The lawsuit, which is set for trial in April, accuses AEG Live of causing the death of Katherine Jackson's son, Michael Jackson, by pressuring him to prepare for his 2009 comeback concerts while he was in fragile health.

The suit, filed on behalf of Michael Jackson's mother and three children, says that AEG Live executives hired and supervised Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

Murray lawyer Valerie Wass, who unsuccessfully objected to the deposition, said the decision disappointed her. Wass said she would advise Murray to invoke his Fifth Amendment right to not answer questions.

"But Dr. Murray has a mind of his own," Wass said. "If he decided to answer a question, those parties don't know what he's going to say."

The videotaped deposition is set to take place on March 18 in the Los Angeles County jail where Murray has been serving his sentence since November 2011.

Murray, who was the pop superstar's personal physician, has never been questioned under oath about Jackson's death. He did not testify at his trial.

So according to this article a videotaped deposition will take place tomorrow..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Murray, who was the pop superstar's personal physician, has never been questioned under oath about Jackson's death. He did not testify at his trial.

This really caught my eye  :icon_question: :icon_e_confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

everlastinglove_MJ

Conrad Murray ordered to meet with Katherine Jackson's lawyers
By Alan Duke, CNN
February 21, 2013 -- Updated 1847 GMT (0247 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Jackson lawyers can question Conrad Murray about Michael Jackson's death, judge says
Murray's lawyer says she will advise him to use his Fifth Amendment right to remain silent
"But Dr. Murray has a mind of his own,"lawyer Valerie Wass says
Michael Jackson's mother and children are suing concert promoter AEG Live
Los Angeles (CNN) -- A judge has ordered Dr. Conrad Murray to meet with Katherine Jackson's lawyers next month for a deposition in her wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live.

The lawsuit, which is set for trial in April, accuses AEG Live of causing the death of Katherine Jackson's son, Michael Jackson, by pressuring him to prepare for his 2009 comeback concerts while he was in fragile health.

The suit, filed on behalf of Michael Jackson's mother and three children, says that AEG Live executives hired and supervised Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

Murray lawyer Valerie Wass, who unsuccessfully objected to the deposition, said the decision disappointed her. Wass said she would advise Murray to invoke his Fifth Amendment right to not answer questions.

"But Dr. Murray has a mind of his own," Wass said. "If he decided to answer a question, those parties don't know what he's going to say."

The videotaped deposition is set to take place on March 18 in the Los Angeles County jail where Murray has been serving his sentence since November 2011.

So according to this article a videotaped deposition will take place tomorrow..

UPDATE_____________________________________________________________

Murray was scheduled to be deposed on Monday, but that has now been canceled.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Visit the TMZ Store: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
 June 25 is approaching..... :icon_rolleyes:  and as always, the puppeteer is Michael... :icon_rolleyes:...Strange things are happening... :icon_rolleyes: :moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

paula-c

I did not testify at his trial, his lawyers were those who advised her not to do anything?:confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Funny thing is that Front used the word TRAP recently >

CM is a trap?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

shorty

UPDATE-----Murray was scheduledto be deposed on Monday, but that has now been canceled.....

What does this mean!!!!!Is this only shifted!!!!
But why a statement on tape, when he is on the witness list.....
Is that permitted.......
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

so even if he is going to take the fifth wouldn't they have to go through the process and ask the questions and so on? like the depositions we have seen michael give the lawyer sits there and either gives a yah or nah as to whether he can answer. or can they just do an overall thing?  or did it get stopped some other way? ideas ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

So, we have a convicted, popstar killer, wanting to take the fifth so he doesn't mess up a chance to clear his name in a potential re-trial of his own? 
Or have I missed something?
I am sure there is more to this than CM just taking the 5th.  A person can only take the 5th if the questions are self- incriminating.  If the questions lead to the incrimination of others, taking the 5th can lead to contempt of court, I believe.  I am not sure a convicted felon, such as CM, could take the 5th in a trial that is about anything related to himself anyways. 
It could stand for double-jeopardy, and lead to a dismissal altogether....why would the DA even allow that?  It would seem that the state of CA would have a conflict of interest in it all.  If they allow CM to take the 5th, they may prohibit justice for the Jacksons.  If they make him testify, they may come into new evidence that would either force CA to re-try him, or drop all charges immediately....thereby looking like fools.    Does anyone know if the 5th was taken during any of Michael's trials......not necessarily by Michael, but by anyone?  Could we relate this to something in the past?  Is this a metaphor for something......didn't Front mention "silence" at some point?  Or was it TS? 
I'll stop here....my head is spinning....I still think there is more to it than just taking the 5th......I guess we'll find out in due time. 

Blessings Always
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Can someone please explain to me how or why Murray would be re-tried if his conviction is overturned? I was under the impression that was against the law due to double jeopardy :confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Conrad taking the 5th seems like double talk to me.  It wasn’t long ago that Conrad was requesting Katherine Jackson visit him in jail. Now that he has the opportunity to talk up for her he says no?  Doesn’t make a lot of sense. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions