• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No live coverage of Michael Jackson-AEG trial, judge rules

By Jeff Gottlieb
April 5, 2013, 5:43 p.m.

A Superior Court judge ruled Friday that there will be no live television coverage of the wrongful death suit that Michael Jackson’s mother and children filed against Anschutz Entertainment Group, the entertainment giant that was promoting Jackson’s ill-fated comeback tour.

CNN and NBCUniversal Television Group had filed a motion asking that they be allowed to televise the trial, which is being held in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom.

In her ruling, Judge Yvette M. Palazuelos wrote that while the media has the right to cover public court hearings, it is up to the judge to decide whether to allow TV coverage.

Brian Panish, the attorney for Katherine Jackson, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr., Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II, declined comment.

But Panish had supported television coverage in an April 2 court filing in which he criticized AEG’s attorney for “making numerous unrelated and disparaging remarks about Michael Jackson” in a CNN interview.

AEG’s attorney, Marvin Putnam, could not be reached for comment.

Jury selection in the case began Tuesday, with potential jurors being asked if they could take off the four months the trial is expected to last. Questioning of potential jurors who pass that first test is scheduled to start April 15.

The suit alleges that AEG negligently hired and supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who -- in an attempt to help the singer sleep -- gave him a fatal dose of the surgical anesthetic propofol.  They suit says that AEG pushed Jackson to prepare for a tour that he was not physically capable of handling.

AEG says it was Jackson’s decision to hire Murray, and that the company had recommended a British physician.

Jackson died in 2009, two weeks before his "This Is It" tour was scheduled to debut in London.

Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

:judge-smiley: So what have they to hide that they don’t want the world to see  :animal0017:

:moonwalk_:   :moonwalk_:   :moonwalk_:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Andrea

No live coverage? Boo-urns!

So the public will be largely dependent on media coverage to hear what happens....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So the public will be largely dependent on media coverage to hear what happens....

yeah; like Diane Dimond will give all the facts without bias and personal commentary  :Pulling_hair:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

bec

Someone is going to appeal that decision.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

curls

yeah; like Diane Dimond will give all the facts without bias and personal commentary  :Pulling_hair:

Maybe that's the point - walking right into his trap, so to speak.  Maybe the general public viewing this trial is not its main aim or purpose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
as the judge said, the media are entitled to coverage, so I hope they can appeal to the right  >:(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryKTopic starter

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
Someone is going to appeal that decision.

How many times can they appeal? Because this has already been the appeal hearing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

everlastinglove_MJ

Exactly!  :Crash:

I was just reading CNN's news, which is also posted on Hoaxbook:

Judge: No cameras in Michael Jackson death trial
By Alan Duke, CNN
April 6, 2013 -- Updated 0140 GMT (0940 HKT)

If AEG is found liable, it could mean billions for the Jacksons, based on the potential earnings of Michael Jackson had he lived.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
CNN asks the judge to allow its camera in the trial
AEG Live argues televising trial could create a Jackson fan frenzy
Jackson lawyers argue in favor of having a camera in court
Jackson's mom and kids say AEG Live is liable for his death
Los Angeles (CNN) -- The wrongful death trial of concert promoter AEG Live filed by Michael Jackson's mother and three children will not be televised, a judge decided Friday.
CNN had requested its camera be allowed in the courtroom during the trial, but Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos issued a ruling Friday denying the request.
California law leaves the decision to the trial judge's discretion based on 19 factors to be considered. Palazuelos did not say in her ruling what factors swayed her decision.
AEG Live's lawyer argued televising the trial could create a frenzy among Jackson fans at the courthouse that could pose a threat to witnesses.
 Will Murray conviction be overturned? Cooper surprised by Murray's Santa song
Jackson lawyers argued in favor of having a camera in court, saying it would be the best way for the world to see justice done.
Without cameras, only a handful of journalists will have seats in the small courtroom in downtown Los Angeles.
The Jacksons' lawsuit accuses AEG Live of liability in Jackson's death through the negligent hiring of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician who is serving a prison sentence after being convicted of involuntary manslaughter.
AEG Live contends Murray was never its employee, but was chosen and hired by Jackson.
If AEG Live is found liable by a jury, it could mean a multibillion dollar judgment for the Jacksons, based on the potential earnings of Michael Jackson had he lived past his 50th birthday.
Opening statements and the first witness could be heard in about two weeks in the trial that is expected to last for two to three months.
The pool of potential jurors reached 60 Friday afternoon after four days of eliminating jurors for hardship reasons. The process will continue Monday and Tuesday or until about 100 potential jurors are identified. On Wednesday, the lawyers will start the voir dire process of eliminating jurors based on cause or their jury strikes allowed under court rules.
Until then, the lawyers are studying their answers to a long questionnaire the potential jurors completed. The process is expected to continue for another week, perhaps ending around April 16 or 17.
It is unclear how soon after a jury is seated that the judge will have lawyers deliver opening statements and call the first witness. Some judges allow the jury a day or so to take care of personal business after being selected.

Without cameras, only a handful of journalists will have seats in the small courtroom in downtown Los Angeles.

I wonder which journalists will be 'selected' to have seats? :suspect:

Jackson lawyers argued in favor of having a camera in court, saying it would be the best way for the world to see justice done.

So now we can't see if justice will be done.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Andrea

I read that live tweeting from the courtroom will be banned as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

and what to Diane Dimond says :-[
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

we’ve got some reporters on our side who will get us the facts regardless.  Matt Seminole is one of them.  Jen Hager is another.  I still believe before it’s all said and done, we will get some televised coverage..  Sonebody’s gonna make an offer they can’t refuse.  And we ALL know that everything surrounding this case comes down to money and ratings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

bec

Yeah, I wouldn't worry. All along MJ has made sure that if it's important, we get to see it for free.

If what goes on in this court room and this court case is important to the hoax, MJ will make it happen for us. I'm certain of that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

gwynned

The surest way to pique someone's interest in seeing something is to tell them they can't! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Yes, I agree bec and gwynned.  There were reports of the Jacksons wanting $40 billion from AEG (gets everyone's attention in a BIG way because that's such a staggering amount), then reports of the molestation accusations possibly being brought up during the trial, then reports of celebrity witnesses, Murray's singing on AC going viral...and now no cameras in the courtroom?  Come on.  This is all being done for people to take notice, we all want to see what happens next.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions