AndreaTopic starter

Murray's Appeal
April 22, 2013, 09:10:47 PM
We had a discussion about Murray's appeal on HoaxBook but since HB is still down, we should probably have a thread on here too.

This site displays the updates of Murray's Appellate Court Case.  It has also been the TIAI re-direct for the past 3 months.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It was updated today:

04/22/2013    Appellant's opening brief.    Defendant and Appellant: Conrad Robert Murray
Attorney: Valerie G. Wass     No further extensions of time will be granted.

This is an article from today, about Murray's ongoing appeal.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Re: Murray's Appeal
April 23, 2013, 01:48:29 AM
Good idea to open this thread, thanks Andrea.

When I saw the update yesterday I wasn't sure what it meant because it doesn't actually say if the brief has been filed, received or whatever does it?

The Washington Post article implies that it has, and that they have seen it. I love this bit:

"The attorney general’s office, representing the prosecution, has 30 days to respond to the appeal. Wass then has another 20 days for her
response."

Plenty of scope for 'extensions of time' in that wouldn't you say?!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jos

April 23, 2013, 05:21:19 AM
You know, this is the first notification I recieved for the Californian court..
Strange because I signed in on it, when TS directed us to that website with thisisalsoit.com
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We can change the world, He can't do it by himself.

Sarahli

April 23, 2013, 06:31:38 AM
"No further extensions of time will be granted."

Hmmm how can we take that seriously now...

You know, this is the first notification I recieved for the Californian court..
Strange because I signed in on it, when TS directed us to that website with thisisalsoit.com

Same for me, I thought it was "odd", why just this time? Maybe they thought that we might miss it?  :suspect:
Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:33:37 AM by Sarahli
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

April 23, 2013, 06:47:57 AM
Does anyone know when the trial starts, i know they have been busy with the jury celection, so it actually have already start, but i mean when does the court open for this trial? maybe a stupid question but i can't figure it out :icon_eek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

curls

April 23, 2013, 06:57:09 AM
@Shy, Murray's appeal is totally separate from the Katherine v AEG trial, which is due to start by the end of the month, once they've sorted out the jury and other loose ends like the sealing, or not, of certain documents.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 23, 2013, 07:07:17 AM
Thank you Curls, much appreciated.
It's difficult to understand this, even more because of the( law language), i dont know its a proper word for that but i hope you understand what i mean.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

April 23, 2013, 02:52:32 PM

04/22/2013 by OnTheRedCarpet.com Staff

Conrad Murray has appealed his conviction of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson, more than a year after he filed an official notice saying he would do so.
Related News
Photos:
Dr. Conrad Murray was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter on Monday, Nov. 7, 2011.
Conrad Murray verdict: Guilty in MJ death
Oct. 3, 2011: Dr. Conrad Murray, charged in Michael Jackson's death, appears in court at his involuntary manslaughter trial.

Murray was sentenced to four years in prison -- the maximum punishment -- on Nov. 29, 2011. He is eligible for release in October after serving half his sentence. Murray had on Dec. 2011 filed a legal notice saying he intends to appeal the conviction of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Jackson. He submitted a formal appeal on Monday, April 22.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009 of an overdose of the anesthetic propofol and other medications. At the time, he was under Murray's care. Lawyers for Murray, who has since lost his medical license, claim that there is insufficient proof that this is the reason Jackson died and also repeat their claim that the singer may have taken medications while Murray was away from his bedside.

Also on Monday, a jury was selected for a civil trial over Jackson's death. His mother, Katherine Jackson, is suing AEG Live, the promoter of a tour Michael was preparing to begin before he died, for $40 billion. She claims the company pressured her son into rehearsing despite his poor health and also hired Murray. AEG Live denies wrongdoing and says Jackson chose him to be his personal doctor.

Murray has said he will plead the fifth and not answer questions if he is called to testify in the civil trial.

Check out details about the jury, made up of six men and six women.

Juror 1: Woman - She is married, lives in downtown Los Angeles, works as a personal banker for Torrey Pines Bank. She and her spouse, who works at Trader Joe's, have no children. Race is unknown.

Juror 2: Woman - She is of Asian descent and a widow who works as a nurse at a health center.

Juror 3: Man - He is Hispanic, unmarried and lives in west Los Angeles, where he works in a store.

Juror 4: Woman She is an Hispanic, married mother of one adult son. She works for AT&T.

Juror 5: Woman - She lives in the Highland Park area of Los Angeles and works as a software engineer. Race is unknown.

Juror 6: Man - He is a married high school gym teacher who lives in downtown Los Angeles. Race is unknown.

Juror 7: Woman - She is a black mother of three adult children. A fourth is deceased. She works as a clinical research coordinator at UCLA.

Juror 8: Man - He works at a bank. Race is unknown.

Juror 9: Man - He did not specify his profession. Race is unknown.

Juror 10: Man - He is a 61-year-old black man who lives in the Highland Park area of Los Angeles and works as a car mechanic.

Juror 11: Woman - She has conducted cancer research at UCLA. Her husband is attending medical school in Nevada. Race is unknown.

Juror 12: Man - He is an Hispanic married father of three who lives in East Los Angeles and works for the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 23, 2013, 05:48:40 PM
Thanks Fatithad777 for posting this update  :smiley_abuv:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
April 23, 2013, 06:47:06 PM
Thanks Andrea and Faithad777 remember that Murray serve half of the sentence and could be released
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 23, 2013, 06:59:25 PM
You are welcome Australian and marum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

May 13, 2013, 03:26:58 PM
More updates in Murray's appeal today:

05/13/2013   Application filed to:  Respondent's application to file an oversized brief. Electronic copy of completed brief submitted concurrently. E-filed. 

05/13/2013   Received:  Respondent's brief. Requires permission to file,  as brief is oversized. Application filed; ruling pending.

05/13/2013   Order filed.  Pursuant to the Application and Declaration to File Oversized Respondent's Brief,  IT IS ORDERED THAT: Respondent is permitted to file Respondent's Brief in a length exceeding 25, 500 words,  but not to exceed 51, 000 words. [...]   

05/13/2013    Respondent's brief.   Plaintiff and Respondent: The People     Attorney:  Office of the Attorney General   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

May 14, 2013, 01:46:23 AM
Anthony McCartney ‏@mccartneyAP 1h
Court urged to reject Conrad Murray's appeal: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Attorney cites his conduct with Jackson as "Russian roulette"

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
May 14, 2013, 08:28:01 AM
I am a little bit lost with this CM's appeal, if the court urged to reject CM' s appeal that means he won't be out of jail this October as stated and will meet the four years in prison?? I think everything concerning the hoax is getting worst I don't see it so clear anymore after Wade's claim and this CM' appeal rejection, a setback?? What do you guys think??
Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:28:58 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

May 14, 2013, 01:54:10 PM
I am a little bit lost with this CM's appeal, if the court urged to reject CM' s appeal that means he won't be out of jail this October as stated and will meet the four years in prison?? I think everything concerning the hoax is getting worst I don't see it so clear anymore after Wade's claim and this CM' appeal rejection, a setback?? What do you guys think??

I never thought he'd get a chance anyway. It's getting so confusing... but from a hoaxy point of view I'm anticipating CM to speak or sing another tune soon. Maybe this is a step before the next step of causing an "impact of an immediate seismic shock" resulting in "a total and complete debacle" for both sides"  :icon_lol: 

I still think Wade is being paid to set up another type of seismic shock. He either knows or a really desperate stupid guy. Maybe it's been in the works for a while, I find it odd that he so easily skipped town and seems protected - he has enough money behind him.

Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:59:06 PM by mindseye
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Money...Lie for it Spy for it Kill for it Die for it They'd kill for the money Do or dare'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal