AndreaTopic starter

AEG LIVE ON THE ROPES
June 14, 2013, 02:30:50 PM

It's pretty shocking ... but Katherine Jackson may have taken a giant step today in convincing a jury AEG Live was negligent in protecting Michael Jackson just days before his death.

AEG Live honcho Randy Phillips had trouble explaining to Katherine's lawyer why he thought MJ "looked really good" in a meeting 5 days before his death when a photograph taken a day before the meeting clearly showed otherwise.

The photo shows a smiling Jackson but someone who looked gaunt and pale.  On top of that, there is testimony that producer/director Kenny Ortega and others were alarmed over Jackson's health.

In the days preceding his death, Jackson had missed rehearsals and was sweating profusely.  He also seemed out of it.

As for how Phillips reconciled his statement with other evidence, he said, "I was confused as anybody."

Here's the deal ... This case was AEG's to lose.  AEG could have made it simple and just said they assumed MJ was being properly cared for by the doctor MJ handpicked.  But AEG has gotten a little too cute, painting a picture that the jury may not be buying.

Short story ... Propofol aside, if the jury believes AEG unreasonably pushed MJ like a circus animal, they could be in beaucoup trouble.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:31:32 PM by Andrea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: AEG LIVE ON THE ROPES
June 14, 2013, 03:17:03 PM
"The photo shows a smiling Jackson but someone who looked gaunt and pale."

Do we know which photo they're referring to? It is supposed to be taken 6 days before 6/25.

"Short story ... Propofol aside, if the jury believes AEG unreasonably pushed MJ like a circus animal, they could be in beaucoup trouble."

It seems this is what Michael wants to show:  "AEG unreasonably pushed him like a circus animal ".........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 14, 2013, 03:20:06 PM
"On The Ropes" is a phrase in Boxing, used when a Boxer is about to get knocked out and the fight is over. Hopefully this hoax is on the ropes (in a good way of course!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 14, 2013, 03:59:30 PM
I got the answer to my question from ABC7 Court News Tweets:

ABC7 Court News ‏@ABC7Courts 9m
This is MJ's picture from June 19, 2009. How do you think he looked? pic.twitter.com/PFO5ARZe5Z
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 14, 2013, 06:23:17 PM
"The photo shows a smiling Jackson but someone who looked gaunt and pale."

Do we know which photo they're referring to? It is supposed to be taken 6 days before 6/25.

"Short story ... Propofol aside, if the jury believes AEG unreasonably pushed MJ like a circus animal, they could be in beaucoup trouble."

It seems this is what Michael wants to show:  "AEG unreasonably pushed him like a circus animal ".........
taking a guess i would say the one where he is trying out one of the outfits. in a undershirt . i think we looked at it when they were at some point wondering about injection sites on the arms.
my question is how do you determine gaunt and pale on a guy who has always been skinny and has vitiligo ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

iLoveyoumore

June 14, 2013, 06:44:40 PM
my question is how do you determine gaunt and pale on a guy who has always been skinny and has vitiligo ?

Good point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

AndreaTopic starter

June 14, 2013, 07:01:10 PM
This is what I said about RP a few weeks ago, lol.

An impression of this trial that I have so far, is that if AEG loses, it'll be because of Randy Phillips.

This is the photo they referred to:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

June 14, 2013, 07:13:12 PM

I really still don't know about Randy Phillips.  

His testimony reads like he personally witnessed the conflicting reports we've read about MJ and that maybe at the time he didn't know there was a hoax.  He would almost have to be aware of it now, unless he's really thick.  So what he is saying is truthful to an extent, albeit ignorant to the true state of affairs at the time - which was the purpose.  But then there's the possibility too that Phillips is sticking to some sort of script or agreement.  But if this isn't just for purely entertainment purposes and you add a more serious aspect with AEG, Phillips just may not be the man on the inside, it could be Gongaware.  Or vice versa.  Or neither.  Or both.  :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 14, 2013, 07:20:32 PM
This is what I said about RP a few weeks ago, lol.

An impression of this trial that I have so far, is that if AEG loses, it'll be because of Randy Phillips.

This is the photo they referred to:

really doesn't seem any skinnier than when he was younger. i think we did see him put on some weight over time and it changed perspective. since my husbands illness he is back to about what he was in high school , and it is a perfectly fine weight for him but it doesn't look the same to me because i have seen him weigh a little more. and by the way i am reminded how we saw jermaine looking much thinner recently than he did at the beginning.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

AndreaTopic starter

June 14, 2013, 07:27:18 PM

The angle of that photo is deceiving.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
June 14, 2013, 07:36:38 PM
I remember  was said at the beginning of the hoax  was not Mike in this photo but a double seriously ill.... :icon_rolleyes:

However, TMZ is continuing to talk about the trial   ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

June 14, 2013, 08:14:10 PM
From Suspicious mind:

Exactly, after today's tweets and this photo coming up again,  I went back online and looked at so many old(er) photos of Michael to compare with this one.
It's hard to decide or make a conclusion since like you said he's always been skinny (except for in some photos where he looked like he had gained some weight).
Also, I think Randy Phillips is lying in court to cover his butt and AEG's, based on the tweets from ABC and AP, and how he keeps contradicting himself when Panish is asking him questions.  He seems to be very good at covering up his lies by making jokes, but it further proves that  he is not being truthful.  Again, this is just my opinion. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 14, 2013, 08:30:14 PM
From Suspicious mind:

Exactly, after today's tweets and this photo coming up again,  I went back online and looked at so many old(er) photos of Michael to compare with this one.
It's hard to decide or make a conclusion since like you said he's always been skinny (except for in some photos where he looked like he had gained some weight).
Also, I think Randy Phillips is lying in court to cover his butt and AEG's, based on the tweets from ABC and AP, and how he keeps contradicting himself when Panish is asking him questions.  He seems to be very good at covering up his lies by making jokes, but it further proves that  he is not being truthful.  Again, this is just my opinion. 

ah but didn't we catch michael doing this , at least once during the bashir thing when asked about blankets mother ?   it is just my impression but to me more than anything randy phillips just seems pissed .why? that is what i wanna know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AndreaTopic starter

June 14, 2013, 08:33:35 PM
From Suspicious mind:

ah but didn't we catch michael doing this , at least once during the bashir thing when asked about blankets mother ?   it is just my impression but to me more than anything randy phillips just seems pissed .why? that is what i wanna know.

You both make a good point.  If RP is covering his butt and is genuinely pissed off then it would be because he knows he's walked into a trap, a spiderweb.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

June 14, 2013, 09:00:48 PM
I really still don't know about Randy Phillips. 

His testimony reads like he personally witnessed the conflicting reports we've read about MJ and that maybe at the time he didn't know there was a hoax.  He would almost have to be aware of it now, unless he's really thick.  So what he is saying is truthful to an extent, albeit ignorant to the true state of affairs at the time - which was the purpose.  But then there's the possibility too that Phillips is sticking to some sort of script or agreement.  But if this isn't just for purely entertainment purposes and you add a more serious aspect with AEG, Phillips just may not be the man on the inside, it could be Gongaware.  Or vice versa.  Or neither.  Or both.  :icon_lol:

haha Andrea - I share your confusion! I don't always get to follow the trial on Twitter because of the time differences...it's the middle of the night here....so usually I have to try to catch up the next day which sometimes is difficult time wise depending on what I have going on during the day.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions