EXPERT: MICHAEL JACKSON WENT 60 DAYS WITHOUT REAL SLEEP

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is a really interesting article to read.  We are learning so much about a lot of different topics during this hoax, this one is about sleep, sleep deprivation and what happens to our brain and our body without enough nightly sleep, coming straight from an expert. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

An interesting article, thank you for sharing :)

My first thought on this was; it's not logical, I mean, someone who gives medicaments to a patient knows the side effects, what it does, why should anyone who is or should be a Dr do something like that? it's too extreme.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

i sometimes wonder if too much has not been made of his inability to sleep. like it has been exaggerated even for this very thing possibly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
i sometimes wonder if too much has not been made of his inability to sleep. like it has been exaggerated even for this very thing possibly.

Totally agree..ok that Michael loves zombies ... but this seems to me really exaggerated    :icon_razz:
Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:17:29 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

iLoveyoumore

I think this is just another story how they will make sure AEG loses the trial.
Michael wouldn't be able to walk this good after 60 days without sleep...
June 24th 2009
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819NNgbrIiE[/youtube]
Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:38:26 PM by Loveyoumore.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

Andrea

This makes me wonder if "no sleep" is a metaphor for Michael being truly "awake" to the state of the world (good and bad) and an understanding that we are all connected, everything great and small.  Because so many people are "asleep" as they live their lives, feeling isolated from others and the world around them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
I think this is just another story how they will make sure AEG loses the trial.
Michael wouldn't be able to walk this good after 60 days without sleep...
June 24th 2009
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819NNgbrIiE[/youtube]

Loved the cape MJ....very theatrical :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Totally agree..ok that michael loves zombies ... but this seems to me really exaggerated    :icon_razz:
well i was wondering where to put this but since you brought up zombies  :thjajaja121:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hr_EVIGhx-s[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

curls

This makes me wonder if "no sleep" is a metaphor for Michael being truly "awake" to the state of the world (good and bad) and an understanding that we are all connected, everything great and small.  Because so many people are "asleep" as they live their lives, feeling isolated from others and the world around them.

Yes, I've thought this from very early on in my hoax life. Whether intentional or not, insomnia/being 'awake'/aware of the realities of the world versus asleep/unaware/'anaesthetised' to what's really going on, certainly seems a perfect fit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

Thank you for sharing, an interesting read.

Jackson lawyers argue that AEG Live should have consulted a sleep expert like Czeisler for Jackson instead of hiring Murray -- a cardiologist -- for $150,000 to treat the artist.

AEG should have done more research on finding suitable care for Michael. Another proof of negligence of AEG.

Jackson may be the only human ever to go two months without REM -- rapid eye movement -- sleep, which is vital to keep the brain and body alive. 

However, the conclusions/speculations of dr. Czeisler are based on rumours. There's no real evidence that Michael suffered from sleep deprivation. There are rumours about his memory loss, weight loss etc which are fitting in the symptoms of sleep deprivation, but I suppose there's no clinical evidence like a result of an EEG or results of tests with electrodes on Michael's brains while he was alive.

Musicians are vulnerable since they are often traveling across time zones and usually "all keyed up" to perform at night, he said.

An essential message that concert promotors should treat the artist as a human being, NOT neglecting them and exploiting them like a money machine.

more to read about sleep: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:06:38 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Andrea

This makes me wonder if "no sleep" is a metaphor for Michael being truly "awake" to the state of the world (good and bad) and an understanding that we are all connected, everything great and small.  Because so many people are "asleep" as they live their lives, feeling isolated from others and the world around them.

Yes, I've thought this from very early on in my hoax life. Whether intentional or not, insomnia/being 'awake'/aware of the realities of the world versus asleep/unaware/'anaesthetised' to what's really going on, certainly seems a perfect fit.

It does seem to fit perfectly, yes. It has been the only real explanation to me as to why MJ would choose to "die" in this manner, especially since early re-direct days of TIAI.  I think once people can get past the feeling of disconnection that's in their minds then a lot would change for the better in this world.  And of course realizing that all is not as it seems, that much of history is a lie.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Jackson lawyers argue that AEG Live should have consulted a sleep expert like Czeisler for Jackson instead of hiring Murray -- a cardiologist -- for $150,000 to treat the artist.

AEG should have done more research on finding suitable care for Michael. Another proof of negligence of AEG.

Jackson may be the only human ever to go two months without REM -- rapid eye movement -- sleep, which is vital to keep the brain and body alive. 

However, the conclusions/speculations of dr. Czeisler are based on rumours. There's no real evidence that Michael suffered from sleep deprivation. There are rumours about his memory loss, weight loss etc which are fitting in the symptoms of sleep deprivation, but I suppose there's no clinical evidence like a result of an EEG or results of tests with electrodes on Michael's brains while he was alive.

Musicians are vulnerable since they are often traveling across time zones and usually "all keyed up" to perform at night, he said.

An essential message that concert promotors should treat the artist as a human being, NOT neglecting them and exploiting them like a money machine.

anyone else remember a mention early on of a pamphlet for a sleep clinic or something being found in the room or something?  am i makin' stuff up again  :-[ 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

anyone else remember a mention early on of a pamphlet for a sleep clinic or something being found in the room or something?  am i makin' stuff up again  :-[

You could be right, but I can't recall, that would be interesting. What I do remember is a cardiologist magazine on the coffee table at TMZ' death scene photos, but I don't think you mean that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

everlastinglove_MJ

I remember another sleep doc's view:

PEOPLE VS. DR. CONRAD MURRAY
Sleep Doc:
Murray's Care Was "Disturbing"
Sleep Expert -- Dr. Nader Kamangar Testifies

Updated 10/13/11 at 8:45 AM

Dr. Nadar Kamangar had some harsh words for Dr. Conrad Murray's treatment of Michael Jackson -- calling it "inconceivable," "unethical," and "disturbing."

* Dr. Kamangar told the court insomnia is a common problem in the ICU ... he said he uses Propofol on a daily basis.
* Kamangar said Propofol should be used with extreme caution because it can be unpredictable, especially when used with other sedatives.
* He said Murray's treatment of Michael Jackson amounted to "gross negligence."
* According to Kamangar , Murray should have never given MJ any sedatives because he was dehydrated ... which means his blood pressure was already low.
* He also said Murray's failure to call 911 was an "unconscionable deviation of care" adding, Murray wasted critical time calling MJ's assistant instead of calling 911.
* Kamangar told the court Murray broke one of the first rules of medicine -- putting your patient first -- when he witheld information from ER docs.
* He also said Murray behaved unethically when he chose to ignore "clear signs" of MJ's drug addiction.

Sleep Expert -- Dr. Nader Kamangar Testifies, Day 2
Updated 10/13/11 at 8:45 AM

Dr. Kamangar took the stand again today to continue his testimony, insisting he would never cave to a patient's drug demands.

* Kamangar told defense attorney Michael Flanagan the drugs MJ took were a "recipe for disaster," saying  the cocktail of meds caused MJ death.
* He called Murray's failure to chart  "an egregious violation" and a contributing factor in the singer's death.
* Kamangar told defense lawyers MJ seemed to have clear signs of insomnia triggered by "secondary causes" such as anxiety or drug addiction.
* Kamangar also said Murray should have ruled out other possible problems that could have caused MJ's insomnia before loading him up with a boatful of drugs.
* He told the court, the first thing Murray should have done was to have MJ write a "sleep diary" to figure out what the underlying problem was.
* Flanagan asked Kamangar about a study showing Propofol is safe to use for insomnia. Kamangar said the study was done in a monitored area after secondary problems have been ruled out ... he insisted it's incomprehensible to use Propofol at home.
* Kamangar said using Lorazepam to treat insomnia is inappropriate.
* Kamangar told Flanagan that -- based on the transcripts from the police interview -- he believed Murray gave MJ 25 mg of Propofol PLUS an additional unspecified amount through an IV drip on June 25.
* Kamanger said Murray subjected MJ to an experiment by giving him Propofol to treat his insomnia.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

Everlasting, what a quick find from long ago trial! Again everything is based on assumption; we are being led to believe that...
I posted long ago stories of some people just not needing as much sleep as some (3-5 hours nightly), and are just fine. MJ's a night owl (from stories). Same as the weight thing; assumption that a certain weight is 'emaciated' when it's still normal.

I like your thinking!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions