Another Elvis connection maybe  ;)  :LolLolLolLol: !!!!!

Jackie Jackson: Life After Michael

Bonnie July 18, 2013 News

Jackie Jackson remembers the moment he knew the Jackson 5 were superstars.
“We had several hit records out, ‘I Want You Back’ and ‘ABC,’ but our first trip to Europe (in 1972) we were landing about 5 o’clock in the morning and a pilot told us … ‘Jacksons, you have about 10,000 screaming fans sneaking into the airport overnight,’ ” Jackie said
“That’s when I realized … that we’re doing something really major.”
The Jackson 5 of Gary, Indiana, mixed pop, soul, rock and R&B for an ebullient sound that shook the world with a message of joy and brotherhood in the early ’70s.
“The music will last forever,” Jackie said. “You can listen to a great song without the curse words and it’s not too sexual or provocative, it’s just great music.”
The Jacksons — also Jermaine, Marlon and Tito — bring their Unity Tour to New Jersey with stops Thursday, July 25 at the State Theatre in New Brunswick and Saturday, July 27 at the Borgata Music Box in Atlantic City. The group will perform all eras of Jacksons music, including solo material of the late Michael Jackson. Michael’s songs will be sung by Jackie.
The brothers are on the road again, just like old times when they were the kings of the charts. They had the attention of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll back then.
“I remember Elvis (Presley), he was the nicest guy,” Jackie said. “He was always bringing his daughter (Lisa Marie Presley) to our shows all the time, that’s how Michael first met her.”
Michael and Lisa Marie would later marry.
“(Elvis) would stand way in the back while his daughter would sit in the front.”
Elvis once rescued Jackie from the clutches of his Memphis Mafia security team.  :LolLolLolLol:
“One time I was going on the elevator at the (former) MGM Grand Hotel (in Las Vegas) and I was going the back way because I had another performance to do,” Jackie said. “When Elvis would go somewhere, he had an army with him and so his security guys didn’t know who I was and they were about to throw me out of the elevator. Elvis said, ‘Wait, hold on, that’s a Jackson right there, you don’t throw him out. Leave him here. :icon_lol:’ ”

The Jackson 5, and later the Jacksons and Michael as a solo act, played a not insignificant role is defusing the country’s racial tensions of the ’70s and early ’80s with a message of inclusion and unity.
“There were times on tour when we did run into particular problems,” said Jackie, 62. “But we stuck together and rose above that and we tried to show that people are people no matter what color they were.”
“When you go to our concerts, you see everybody: white, black, all nationalities – that what we love to see.”
The presence of Michael, who died in 2009 at the age of 50 in a tragic and controversial manner  :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_geek:  :icon_lol:, is felt at the Unity shows, Jackie said.
“When we do the Michael songs, we have backdrop, people start crying and sometimes we tear up on stage when we’re singing the songs,” Jackie said. “Then we break out an uptempo tune which makes people laugh and dance in their seats, so it’s like a bittersweet moment.”

THE JACKSONS

WHEN: 8 p.m. Thursday, July 25
WHERE: State Theatre, Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick
ADMISSION: $35-$95
INFO: 732-246-7469 or statetheatrenj.org
ALSO: 9 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Borgata Music Box, 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City; tickets: $75-$85; info: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:15:05 PM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

so is there any reason why a strange dark /light pattern would fall over marlon's face and not the others?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Suspicious, look at those legs.  Marlon doesn't have skinny legs like that..........
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

i don't know ,  :Pulling_hair: it just looks strange period . 

oh and by the way, trial talk about michael performing at 66 , jackie is 62 and he is . granted they probably aren't working as hard as mike did. i would still like to know what they were doing before. another thing i could swear i have seen marlon's ear when it was supposed to be michael. that kind of flat on the top ear.

perhaps i have spent too long out of my jacket.  :screaming-7365:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MJonmind

“(Elvis) would stand way in the back while his daughter would sit in the front.”
:icon_albino: (redirect from Sim on tw)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
Suspicious, look at those legs.  Marlon doesn't have skinny legs like that..........

What are you trying to say that Marlon is Michael is disguise? I don't see those Marlon' skinny legs  :icon_e_confused:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

iLoveyoumore

How funny would be when Michael goes on stage as Marlon and hardcore J5 fans in the audience can't tell the difference :icon_lol:

I don't think Marlon in that pic is Michael. Lol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

What are you trying to say that Marlon is Michael is disguise? I don't see those Marlon' skinny legs  :icon_e_confused:

Sweet, just wanted to say that Marlon's legs in that pic. look very skinny compared to the rest of his body.  Marlon has always had a fuller figure (I don't know how else to describe him) than the other brothers and he is also the shortest.  He never was as skinny as Michael, but his legs look skinny in that picture. No, I'm not implying that he is Michael, just looked strange to me, that's all.
If you don't see it, that's fine, no worries.
Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:40:53 AM by Faithad777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!

Sweet, just wanted to say that Marlon's legs in that pic. look very skinny compared to the rest of his body.  Marlon has always had a fuller figure (I don't know how else to describe him) than the other brothers and he is also the shortest.  He never was as skinny as Michael, but his legs look skinny in that picture. No,  I'm not implying that he is Michael, just looked strange to me, that's all.
If you don't see it, that's fine, no worries.

No no you are bringing a possible theory and I like it, maybe Michael took the position of him in one of their concerts for instance the one at Staples Center, you know June 29 "One Premiere" in Vegas and June 30 "Unity Tour concert at Staples" anything could be, regarding Michael you never know, I bet Michael doesn't like touring but he is probably missing so badly to be in Front of the audience from time to time.
Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:06:31 PM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions