Madcap Michael Jackson hoped to star as Iron Man in the big screen film versions made famous by Robert Downey Junior.
The singer, who died four years ago, had hundreds of millions of pounds ready as he dreamed of becoming Anthony Stark in the blockbuster flicks.
But his plans fell apart after he was hit by allegations of child sex abuse in the mid 1990s.

Jackson hoped to play a black version of the superhero, which has since become one of the biggest movie franchises on the planet.
Jackson’s former manager Dieter Weisner confirmed that Jackson wanted to buy Universal Pictures and use them to leverage rights to star in superhero movies.

And a source close to the Jackson family added: “Michael was a visionary in the sense of how he knew that the Marvel universe’s superheros were hit movies waiting to be made.  :icon_cool:   :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:
“He saw himself as leading men in these films, and especially felt Iron Man was a possibility as he felt he was similar to Tony Stark - an enigma, mastermind and at the same time childlike,
“We never knew how fans would react to it as Stark was a always a white character, but Michael always loved to break boundaries.
“However after the Jordie Chandler sex case, some of his backers and his focus switched away from that.
“Michael always thought his next step after his music comeback was to head back into movies  (:icon_e_surprised:). He had moderate success with Moonwalker, and obviously the Thriller music video was a winner.”
Jackson’s friend and European manager Dietner Weisner admitted the movie loving star plotted to become a leading light in the film industry.
On an audio recording owned by Wiesner, Jackson admits he wanted to buy out Universal - the then owners of Marvel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DB_whlT78BE[/youtube]

I’d love to work together. As far as timing… I really feel in my heart we must move as fast as we can because, the… on the film side of it, I don’t know if you’ve been reading the paper, but Marvel already have sold off their internet rights and the stock is so low now. I mean they put out Spider-Man, now they got Incredible Hulk coming, they got X-Men 2 coming, they also got Spider-man 2 coming, it’s going yo jump, it’s gonna change, I mean you know, and this huge frenzy for superheroes and all the things that we can do, you knowit’s, I want to get in it before the stock… we need to jump in now, the timing is perfect nobody’s talking much about it you know, it’s still, it’s still a good time.

Jackson said: “We could easily go in to Universal and buy it. We would own Jaws, E.T., Close Encounters...all of the classics from Universal, own all of that stuff. And that would allow us to do a Marvel Channel, not only the Marvel characters but Marvel films.
“We can do anything we want from restaurants to retail, theme parks.”
As Jackson ploughed his focus into rescuing his reputation, Disney purchased the business instead.
Wiesner confirmed: “Disney ended up buying Marvel and doing exactly what Michael had predicted, and making a fortune at it.
“That was the second part of his life. He did want to do this. And he knew exactly every single detail, what he wants to do. And he was absolutely right.”
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Well I know it is the Mirror lol  :LolLolLolLol: ,but I thought it's very intresting,considering Taj's deposition at AEG trial about his uncle transformation into some kinda "iron robot" or something like that at the end of his movie "Moonwalk"  ;) .
How about Iron Man wearing gloves and socks with glitter on them ??  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  :thjajaja121:
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:23:58 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Intresting that lately we hear alot of stories involving  Marvel and Mike .Of course that nothing is sure,but by the way Mike and his children are dressed,  it looks like they all are die-hard Marvel fans :icon_geek:  .What a coincidence huh :LolLolLolLol: !!!

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Take a look at these 2 sentences:

But his plans fell apart after he was hit by allegations of child sex abuse in the mid 1990s.

However after the Jordie Chandler sex case, some of his backers and his focus switched away from that.

This is one of the several and main reasons why "they" came up with those allegations, they didn't want Michael to go into movies and have any type of power in that industry too............
Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:05:58 PM by Faithad777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

However after the Jordie Chandler sex case, some of his backers and his focus switched away from that.

This is one of the several and main reasons why "they" came up with those allegations, they didn't want Michael to go into movies and have any type of power in that industry too............

Ya I could see TPTB balking at the idea of Michael becoming even bigger and more influential than he already was at the time. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ya I could see TPTB balking at the idea of Michael becoming even bigger and more influential than he already was at the time.

I'm sorry Andrea,but I don't agree,cause his kids said he is a MOVIE DIRECTOR,and this was more later than mid 1990s  :) .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1QiUCIOxw8[/youtube]

And I truly believe he is more than a MOVIE DIRECTOR ,cause he is the nicest man in Hollywood  :smiley_abuv:!!
See you in heaven Michael  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  :icon_e_wink: .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Interesting and funny story.

But first Major Movie of the Blockbuster Era of Marvel was Blade 1998 published by New Line Cinema (now part of Warner) and with X-Men 2000 it really starts to grow but that Movie was from 20th Century Fox. Spider Man is from Sony Columbia TriStar 2002. And Hulk 2003 the only Movie released by Universal Pictures so Story doesn´t fix complete ??? or did they really had the rights and selled them to the others???? I don´t know If UIP really posessed the Marvel Rights then why don´t make the others as well or was it only because the costs ????

If someone know connection between that information how it was would be interesting because sounds strange and confusing especially when they wrote before after chandler scandal in the 90's yes some of the movies were in planning maybe and maybe even little working but I thought Marvel only selled the rights to different Players but ???? :WTF: ??? :icon_question: :smiley-vault-misc-150:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
KEEP THE FAITH IT IS ALL WITH L.O.V.E. HEAL THE WORLD MJ ALIVE AND WELL IN OUR HEARTS SOULS MINDS AND PHYSICALLY WE WILL SEE BELIEVE HOPE DIES AT LAST LOVE AND HOPE ARE VERY STRONG FORCES PEACE LOVE TO ALL

everlastinglove_MJ

I was thinking of the Piers Morgan interview in which Dieter Wiesner mentioned Michael's interest in Marvel and his plans :icon_cool:

around 5:37
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_9_vVL5H4s [/youtube]

Michael in the Marvel studio's, who looks very interested

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdN9vRKUf0Y [/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
I was thinking of the Piers Morgan interview in which Dieter Wiesner mentioned Michael's interest in Marvel and his plans :icon_cool:

around 5:37
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_9_vVL5H4s [/youtube]

Michael in the Marvel studio's, who looks very interested

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdN9vRKUf0Y [/youtube]

:moonwalk_:   :th_bravo:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

everlastinglove_MJ

Hey Blankie good to see you!!   :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Hey Blankie good to see you!!   :bearhug:

Always here, united in L.O.V.E. !!!!  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Interesting and funny story.

But first Major Movie of the Blockbuster Era of Marvel was Blade 1998 published by New Line Cinema (now part of Warner) and with X-Men 2000 it really starts to grow but that Movie was from 20th Century Fox. Spider Man is from Sony Columbia TriStar 2002. And Hulk 2003 the only Movie released by Universal Pictures so Story doesn´t fix complete ??? or did they really had the rights and selled them to the others???? I don´t know If UIP really posessed the Marvel Rights then why don´t make the others as well or was it only because the costs ????

If someone know connection between that information how it was would be interesting because sounds strange and confusing especially when they wrote before after chandler scandal in the 90's yes some of the movies were in planning maybe and maybe even little working but I thought Marvel only selled the rights to different Players but ???? :WTF: ??? :icon_question: :smiley-vault-misc-150:

Warrior,nice name you have lol  ;) .
You have absolutely right,because the dates just don't adds up.....again lol  :icon_e_confused:  :suspect: :icon_lol: . Something is very fishy and let's not forget that is about Michael Jackson's life we discuss here,lol . A very complicate/complex ,man with a very complicate/complex life :icon_lol:  :icon_geek: .
Mike spoke many times about movies,in fact he spoke over and over about it  :icon_e_biggrin: : in 1979's manifesto,after BAD,he also told Geraldo,James Brown etc,etc.
So let's see:he wanted to play Spiderman,Iron Man,Green Hornet,Edward Scissorhands and who knows how many more lol:Michael_Jackson_smiley_by_red .The first buzz started after Bad tour,but then nothing,cause we had only Monnwalker movie.Accordind to David Nordhal,Michael planned again, to work on movies when the allegations hit in 1993. In fact, this is what David Nordahl told the Reflecions on the Dance website in 2010:

“I was working on sketches for his [Jackson’s] film production company, called Lost Boys Productions. Sony had given him (Michael) $40 million to start this production company and that little boy’s dad (Evan Chandler), who considered himself to be show business material, because he had written part of a script. After that he considered himself a Hollywood screenwriter, and being friends with Michael and his son being friends with Michael, this guy had assumed that Michael was going to make him a partner in this film production company and that’s where the $20 million figure came from. He wanted half of that Sony money. It was proven. It was an extortion. Michael listened to his business advisors and they all told him to keep his mouth shut and to go on to Korea, go on with your tour, you’re in the middle of a tour. We’ll take care of it.”

Michael would also have been a partner in Dreamworks Studios which also fell through because of the allegations. Well I don't know about the allegations, considering that next Mike went after Marvel  :icon_cool:.Nothing stops the King,not even some stupid allegation lol  :icon_lol: .Now what I want to know is ,when that happened :before 2000 or after  :icon_rolleyes:?? This is what Weisner had to say about Michael's plans after finishing “Number Ones” album and One more chance video:

After that he wanted to explore other areas of film, entertainment, and charity. He called this his “second life”, after his first life of being a musical megastar. He always said, he didn’t want to end up as an old man on stage. He wanted to continue giving some concerts every few years in spectacular places like at the pyramids in Egypt or somewhere else around the world. This he would do for his fans.

But mainly he intended to invest and go into the film business, buy the rights to parts of Universal films that were on the market and use them to do theme parks and merchandising. Another already very concrete business step was to buy the rights to the Marvel catalogue to turn comics like “Superman” into motion picture films.

Secondly, Michael also wanted to continue creating family entertainment. What most people don’t know is that Michael worked with a lot of people in Las Vegas and helped creating new attractions, music, designs and family entertainment, like the trick fountains at the “Bellagio” hotel, the roller coaster in “New York, New York”, the volcano at the “Mirage”, the “Treasure Island” pirate ship, the “Siegfried & Roy” show or the “Secret Garden”. Many years ago, when Las Vegas was still known to be a gambler’s paradise, Michael already knew that family entertainment would be a branch worthwhile to invest in and rebuild. And he was right. Nowadays Las Vegas visitors consist of 75% families, coming mostly to enjoy the great entertainment, not so much the gambling.

Being the artist that he was, Michael very much concentrated on family entertainment that would deliver values and was good and suitable for the whole family, kids and parents alike, so that they can spend valuable time together…………….He provided ideas for companies like Disney, too, but gave all of his ideas for free, without getting any money or credit for it.

He was a real visionary in those regards and had great ideas which later on were used to make big money……..

Thirdly, of course Michael wanted to continue doing charity. But not only in his own country but worldwide. Especially he loved and adored Africa and the people there. Quite early on, before “Facebook” and other networks appeared, Michael already had visionary ideas to use the new media, the internet, to create a worldwide social network, via “Ichat” and other new programs. Through them it would have been possible to teach children in Africa or other disadvantaged areas of the world for free. Michael called it “Schools of America” and wanted to provide the computers and all the hardware, organize teachers and professors who could give lesions via video stream and chat.

Another one of Michael’s charity projects was to concentrate on young artists who under regular circumstances would never get a chance at record labels or would only be exploited by them as it often happens nowadays. He wanted to give those unknown talents a real chance, wanted to be their mentor, help them financially and business wise. He wanted to encourage young people to go for their dreams and help them achieve their dreams. He always told me, “I am just a tool, the gift comes from God”. That is why he felt that he should pass his success along to others, pass on the gift of talent he had received. Michael started this project with a young girl called Nisha from India with whom he recorded three songs in 2003.

So towards the end of 2003 we were in the final stages regarding the deal with Marvel. Financing was set, contracts were made and only in a few days the transaction would have been perfect and Michael’s step into the film industry would have been set. In October 2003 the Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas and the charity song was close to being released as a single independently from Sony. “Clear Channel Radio” supported us and made the song available for download via internet. It was bound to be a success and raise a lot of money for charity, as “We are the World” did almost 20 years before. Other projects, like a cooperation with “Apple” in which Steve Jobs wanted Michael’s silhouette as the design for the new IPod, were also starting to be realized. So especially after our efforts, none of us wasted another thought on the Bashir debacle anymore. We were just working on the very last video Michael had to deliver to Sony Music, called “One more chance”, in Las Vegas, when all hell broke loose.

Again,I don't know what Weisner talked about,Mike being sad and devastated,cause when he was at Gerlado show,he was very happy and positive while talking about Movie plans  :icon_lol:  :icon_geek: .
What happene d with Michael's plans about movies,I don't know  :icon_rolleyes:  :icon_lol:,but he had some ,lol just after This is it tour or movie,or both,or who knows what cause it's already damn confusing  :icon_e_confused: :argue: :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121: !!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions