Sobbing Debbie Rowe recalls Paris Jackson's suicide attempt

Michael Jackson's children have often been fodder for rumor, gossip and speculation -- so much so that Jackson tried to shield them from prying paparazzi by having them wear masks.

On Thursday, Debbie Rowe, Jackson's ex-wife and mother of his two oldest children, took the stand in the Jackson family's wrongful death suit, and offered brief insights into their lives.

Asked about her relationship with 16-year-old Prince, who attends a private high school in the San Fernando Valley, she shrugged.

"We don't hate each other, if that's what you mean," she said. "I'm closer to my daughter."

Rowe said she and Paris, 15, began seeing each other at the end of March. She said they talked on the phone and texted frequently and that Paris stayed with her on weekends.

Rowe, who raises quarter horses in Palmdale, sobbed as she explained how Jackson’s death has affected Paris, referring to a June 5 suicide attempt that sent her to the hospital.

“I almost lost my daughter,” Rowe said. “She is devastated. She tried to kill herself.… She doesn’t feel like she has a life anymore.”

The judge ordered a short break so the sobbing Rowe could compose herself.

While Rowe testified during her day and a half on the stand about Jackson's use of drugs to alleviate pain from medical procedures, her testimony also humanized a well-known eccentric.

The jury seemed to hang on every word of Rowe's testimony, which included details about Jackson's illnesses -- and his feelings about his skin condition.

“He’s very shy. For him to have all this going on and to be in public, it was really really difficult for him,” she said.

The singer was embarrassed of his skin conditions, she said, and compared himself to the Elephant Man.

Jackson’s vitiligo — where skin loses pigment in patches — “would come and go,” Rowe said, but grew progressively worse. He made a decision to “depigment” his skin because he couldn’t find decent makeup, she said.

“Everybody says he bleached himself, which he didn’t,” she said.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

her testimony also humanized a well-known eccentric.

Everybody says he bleached himself, which he didn’t,” she said.

I believe that this trial has also a purpose to vindicate Michael. Truth vs media lies -> getting wrongs righted.

:bearhug:

LOVE

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
We all know he loves his own race and he would like to remain dark skinned better than pale skinned.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

diggyon

No one can escape his fate. It's God's will and he has to be patient about it. Not all diseases are curable. Those who have epilepsy can't do anything about it either. I believe all diseases are a test from our creator. If we're strong enough we'll pass. Life is not eternal!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

suspicious mind

wow the twitter war with debbie and pearl jr. ..... pearl is implying debbie told paris something that made her want to do what she did ( or didn't do). funny though it all seems like they are not really strangers...... feels odd.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

wow the twitter war with debbie and pearl jr. ..... pearl is implying debbie told paris something that made her want to do what she did ( or didn't do). funny though it all seems like they are not really strangers...... feels odd.

Debbie dragged the living shit out of pearl on twitter! Pearl str8 up said, severely times, she sold her children. And that they're not Michaels. And all that stuff about Paris. She was taking low blows for sure.

Idk....I thought it was ironic that she was warring with some one who believes MJ is alive so publicly. But pearl does have a lot of followers so she probably gets retweeted alot, so Debbie's is def gonna see them. Idk, as if I needed another reason to cant stand Pearl...

And poor Front trying to break it up lol! Atleast he tried!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

...... as if I needed another reason to avoid twitter.  Stay safe, those of you who are involved.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wow the twitter war with debbie and pearl jr.

The twitter war was embarrassing.  ( :argue: cat fight :icon_redface:) Wonder what, if anything, the media will do with it in light of Debbie Rowe’s involvement. But taking a step back, what’s most interesting of all, imo, is that Debbie tweets back and forth with Front, but she isn’t a believer, she says.  :suspect:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

wow the twitter war with debbie and pearl jr.

The twitter war was embarrassing.  ( :argue: cat fight :icon_redface:) Wonder what, if anything, the media will do with it in light of Debbie Rowe’s involvement. But taking a step back, what’s most interesting of all, imo, is that Debbie tweets back and forth with Front, but she isn’t a believer, she says.  :suspect:

Yeah and Front called her "Deb". That kinda stuck out to me. And only, maybe two weeks ago, some one told her that Front was posing as MJ (and we know that's not true),  but Debbie confronted him about it, now they seem cool. That whole fight, including front trying to play peacemaker, was kinda odd.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

iLoveyoumore

That whole fight, including front trying to play peacemaker, was kinda odd.

That was quite strange for me too.

Debbie said some nasty things about people who think Michael is alive though. Lol.

Painted Desert Ranch ‏@DJRJPDR
Oh DEAR GOD THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE MICHAEL IS ALIVE WOW THEY NEED PROZAC IN THE WATER
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm invincible, I've been through it all. You can't hurt me. Knock me down, I get back up." –Michael Jackson

bec

That's pretty softball when it comes to insults.

Debbie Rowe n Front conversing? Well now that's interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

suspicious mind

That's pretty softball when it comes to insults.

Debbie Rowe n Front conversing? Well now that's interesting.

agree on that.

:icon_e_biggrin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
her testimony also humanized a well-known eccentric.

Everybody says he bleached himself, which he didn’t,” she said.

I believe that this trial has also a purpose to vindicate Michael. Truth vs media lies -> getting wrongs righted.

:bearhug:

LOVE

The same  :bearhug:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

diggyon

The fight that's been going on between Debbie and Pearl is horrible! Pearl filed charges against her! Things are getting really nasty now! Hope the kids and are ok! How would a child feel if he sees his mother in such a situation?? OMG, can't even think about it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Together we are strong

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abraham Lincoln

Thank you Michael for letting me discover the truth!

I lost the bet, Sarahli won it! ! ! loool

Jos

I guess now I know why Souza (and others) don't like Pearl...
Can I use the word "crazy" for once?  :smiley-vault-misc-150:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We can change the world, He can't do it by himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal