Al Sharpton tells how he found out he lost his father figure: 'James Brown, your dad, is dead. You’re not having a nightmare. He’s gone'
By Rev. Al Sharpton / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, September 30, 2013, 12:01 AM

In new book, shares how Michael Jackson re-combed Godfather of Soul's hair in the funeral home  :suspect:  :icon_eek:

At three in the morning, while I was asleep in an Augusta hotel room, my phone rang, another wee-hour summoning to jar me from my dreams. This time it was the mortician, Charlie Reid.
“Rev. Sharpton?” he said, his deep Southern accent slowly oozing through my phone.

“Yeah, Mr. Reid. Please don’t tell me something’s wrong now. We done got through the worst of it,” I said.
“Nah, nothing’s wrong, Rev. Sharpton,” he said. “I just wanted you to give me authorization. I just got a call from Michael Jackson.”
I could still hear the wonder in his voice.
“He’s in town and he wants to come by the funeral home and see the body,” he said.
“Michael Jackson? But Michael is in Bahrain.”
“Nah, he’s here. He wants to come by and see Mr. Brown,” Mr. Reid said. “I didn’t want to wake the girls up.”
I was shaking my head, shocked again by one of Michael’s moves. “Yeah, he’s authorized. But tell Michael to call me.”
“All right, I will, Rev. Sharpton.”
I sat there waiting, not able to get back to sleep. An hour passed with no call. An hour and a half. So I called back Mr. Reid.
“Mr. Reid, did Michael come?”

Jeff Christensen/AP

Michael Jackson touches the head of singer James Brown as he pays respects while Rev. Jesse Jackson, upper right, and Rev. Al Sharpton stand next to him at the James Brown arena in Augusta, Ga.

“Yeah, he came,” Mr. Reid said. “He sat here a whole hour. He told me I combed James’s hair wrong. He took a comb and he recombed it.”
“Wait a minute — he recombed the hair?”
“Yeah, he redid it,” Mr. Reed said. “Said I did it wrong. He sat here with the body for an hour.”
“Did you tell him to call me?”
“Yeah, he said he was going to call you.”
So I called Michael myself and told him he shouldn’t leave. I knew Michael well — he’d come and sit with the body and then get out of town.
“One day you’re going to have to reappear in public,” I told him.
He had not been in the States and had not been seen in public since the trial, which had ended a year and a half earlier.
“What better time to do it? You came to show your respect to your idol,” I continued.
“I’ll think about it,” he said and hung up.

TAMI CHAPPELL/REUTERS

Michael Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton embrace at public funeral service for James Brown.

Word got out that Michael had been in town, but everyone assumed he was gone. However, the next day, halfway through the funeral at the James Brown Arena, Michael walked in. He came over and sat next to me and the family. The band broke into a memorial tribute to James, playing some of his biggest songs. The band members started motioning for Michael to come join them on the stage.
“Sit there — don’t go,” I said into Michael’s ear.
“What do you mean?” he asked me.
“Don’t move,” I said.
“Why not?”
“Because you don’t want the first time you come back and are in public and the picture everybody sees is you on the stage boogying and dancing and moonwalking. You came to mourn James. Don’t get up there with the band.”
“OK,” he said, nodding his head. “But I want to see the body one more time.”
So we stood up and walked over to the casket. The family all gathered around. Michael leaned over and gave James a tender kiss, saying his final good-bye. When I got up to do the eulogy, I talked in the beginning about Michael, how much he looked up to James and the standard of music they had created. Then I asked Michael to say a few words. This was the statement that went around the world, Michael’s reintroduction to the public.
“James Brown is my greatest inspiration,” Michael said. “Ever since I was a small child, no more than six years old, my mother would wake me no matter what time it was, if I was sleeping, no matter what I was doing, to watch the television to see the master at work. And when I saw him move, I was mesmerized. I never saw a performer perform like James Brown. And right then and there, I knew that was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, because of James Brown. James Brown, I shall miss you, and I love you so much and thank you for everything.”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael really respected James  :-* :smiley_abuv:. It seems like MJ was really trying to avoid dealing with people for a while there, but that's completely understandable all things considered. This randomly makes me wonder if Michael did Paris's hair ,or had anything to do with Paris last hair-style :icon_eek:.Because he was the one who'd comb and do his kids hair. Kathy Hilton said before they'd leave to go on outings with her he'd be the one making sure their hair was done  :-*, that they looked presentable before they left without him, etc, his BG said that too.
I don't know why,but this makes me think at MJ's hair/his wigs/disguises  :icon_eek:  :icon_e_confused:  :LolLolLolLol: .

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
I don't see any relation with the hoax. :icon_e_geek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

gwynned

is it me or does the recent version of Al Sharptongue look like a different guy?  Was the original replaced?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
is it me or does the recent version of Al Sharptongue look like a different guy?  Was the original replaced?

He's lost alot of weight...like over 100 lbs.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

His whole attitude and look has changed. Good for Al  :icon_e_biggrin:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

He's lost alot of weight...like over 100 lbs.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

His whole attitude and look has changed. Good for Al  :icon_e_biggrin:

Really?  I liked the old Al much better.  This guy is really irritating.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

hummm  my gut tells me sharpton is not well.
by the way is that like a strange view into that casket or what? look like it goes down to only one leg. :icon_lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

hummm  my gut tells me sharpton is not well.
by the way is that like a strange view into that casket or what? look like it goes down to only one leg. :icon_lol:

Hey you are right ,indeed  :suspect:  :icon_e_confused: .It does look very kinky  :WTF: !!!
And ,by the way has anyone noticed last comment of the article  :icon_eek:   ????

ArizonaLady8 days ago
Hey Al, Brown is not dead. I saw him Friday singing on 34th and 8th Ave.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Gwynned you are definitively right,he looks very different and he is very skinny too  :icon_eek:  :WTF: .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaUAUFKR8GI[/youtube]

And he still hasn't responded to the allegations of being an FBI informant  :icon_e_confused:.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Gwynned you are definitively right,he looks very different and he is very skinny too  :icon_eek:  :WTF: .

And he still hasn't responded to the allegations of being an FBI informant  :icon_e_confused:.

I also find it curious that he went from civil rights advocate/preacher to finding a permanent spot on MSNBC, replacing the popular Keith Oberman.   I didn't imagine he had the following to fill the hole left by his departure.  Did a quick look at ratings for MSNBC and they have clearly declined, with some blame going to the incessant coverage of the (FAKE!) Trayvon Martin story.   Are the executives at MSNBC so inept?  Or is the appearance of our new improved and way too skinny (IMO) Sharptongue part of an overall strategy of taking down the media from within.  Curiously, Keith Oberman tweeted back in July re the ratings decline in Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC:

It's about the collapse of that network. I don't know anything about her any more; she hasn't bothered to speak to me since I left

The official story is that he lost 170 lbs or something and now only weighs 138!  Seems a bit excessive to me and it is true that when someone loses that much weight they look very different. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I also find it curious that he went from civil rights advocate/preacher to finding a permanent spot on MSNBC, replacing the popular Keith Oberman.   I didn't imagine he had the following to fill the hole left by his departure.  Did a quick look at ratings for MSNBC and they have clearly declined, with some blame going to the incessant coverage of the (FAKE!) Trayvon Martin story.   Are the executives at MSNBC so inept?  Or is the appearance of our new improved and way too skinny (IMO) Sharptongue part of an overall strategy of taking down the media from within.  Curiously, Keith Oberman tweeted back in July re the ratings decline in Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC:

It's about the collapse of that network. I don't know anything about her any more; she hasn't bothered to speak to me since I left

The official story is that he lost 170 lbs or something and now only weighs 138!  Seems a bit excessive to me and it is true that when someone loses that much weight they look very different.

Talking about Trayvon Martin story :icon_e_confused: ....Hey Rev whats going on with getting the Justice Dept to go after Zimmerman ? I guess outta sight (publicity) outta mind like you did Tawana Brawley  :icon_eek:.What a Hoax huh? And it seems it's not the only one lol  :icon_geek: .

Cash Money photo shoots and MSNBC paychecks are more important than injustices going on right now  :icon_rolleyes:.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions