Hmmmm. I find it interesting that I haven't seen anyone mention Karen Smith, who is depicted by Frank Cascio as a very important person in Michael's life in Frank's book My Friend Michael.

For those of you who haven't read the book, Karen is described as  MJ's loyal administrative assistant who is on the other end of a telephone (any time of the day or night) and is the "go to" pe rson for whatever Michael needed done, as well as a voice on the other end of the line when people needed to vent.  Frank describes a time when John McClain wanted to fire both Karen Smith and Brad Buxer, both loyal to Michael (I believe this was @2000-2001). Anyway she actually figures as a strong shadowy person in this book, yet I haven't seen further references to her and I couldn't find anyone else who mentioned her on this forum when I did a search.

I recently tweeted Frank Cascio to ask about her current well being but I haven't received a response.
I have a feeling about her continued importance along with Nanny Grace; sometimes its the invisible things that need attending to. I hope that she is still in his life and the fact that we don't hear much about her is protective!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

Nice find!
Thank u again LU !@@
Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:13:48 AM by skyways
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tink

Paris fired Grace, if information is correct. She's back in England since 2009.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

Hi Tink and Syways,
My memory of Grace info is that she was fired by Michael; was in England in June 2009, was summoned by Katherine back to the family fold for the children after his "death", and I have seen references to her and photos since 2009, but not much AND not much in the last -- ooohhhh-- six months or so.

Aside from Cascio's book I have seen nothing about Karen Smith, which is why I am so curious.

Again, I FEEL that these two are very important, and perhaps that is why we don't know much. 

Okay with me to remain ignorant if that is needed!   ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

Re: Time's article on Grace
March 25, 2012, 03:30:33 AM
They normally thus far, have been fairly on top of things. Remember, we're only receiving things second and third hand, and greatly watered down.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

She remarried in 2008, so who really knows what's going on - and it isn't our business. The children are doing just fine,
and spreading their wings marvelously in attending private school, don't you think?

bearhug to Blanket, I really have a soft spot in my heart for him, as he reminds me so very, very much of myself at his age.
I pray he has as normal of a childhood as possible, and grows into a wonderful, creative force of his own, without people
expecting the world out of him.

For that's what really concerns me: that people don't expect Michael clones out of the three of them! They are each their own
beings, and should be allowed to enjoy their lives thusly.  :D Just would love to give them some artwork at the Comicon this year,
because it's going to be such a wonderful, wonderful year!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal