A Place With No Name (Full) - Michael Jackson
December 03, 2013, 02:09:39 AM
Finally  :)  :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:   :abouttime: !!!!!
I've been waiting 4 years to hear the complete version. I love it  :-*! This song slays everything on the radio right now  :bowdown:  :icon_cool: .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab66vmxtuFw[/youtube]

THE BEST IS YET TO COME ,from "Then,Now ,Forever" Michael Jackson new album :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_wink: .
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:17:17 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

LOL - Why does this sound exactly the same as America's 1971/2 'Horse with no Name'?  Did MJ run out of ideas??!!

From Wiki:

Michael Jackson's posthumous song "A Place with No Name" was released by TMZ as a 25-second snippet on July 16, 2009. The snippet closely resembles "A Horse with No Name." Jim Morey, both Jackson's and America's former band manager, has stated that "America was honored that Michael chose to do their song and they hope it becomes available for all Michael's fans to hear."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 06:59:17 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Why does this sound exactly the same as America's 1971/2 'Horse with no Name'?

the Melody is Exactly the same But not the Lyrics. Great Song anyway. Loooveee it

But Whyyy Does people keep writing "A Place with no name" when Michael is singing " A Place WithOUT No Name" ?!?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Love lives forever~

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Michael I am looking forward to your BAM!!
LOL - Why does this sound exactly the same as America's 1971/2 'Horse with no Name'?  Did MJ run out of ideas??!!

From Wiki:

Michael Jackson's posthumous song "A Place with No Name" was released by TMZ as a 25-second snippet on July 16, 2009. The snippet closely resembles "A Horse with No Name." Jim Morey, both Jackson's and America's former band manager, has stated that "America was honored that Michael chose to do their song and they hope it becomes available for all Michael's fans to hear."

Because with the title of this song:"A place with no name" is hinting that he is not dead or that his grave is empty cause there's no name in the grave yet and he's using "A horse with no name" melody because the titles are very similar, that's how I understand it, I don't think Michael is running out of ideas to make new songs he is just making an awesome version of that old song.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
This is the lyrics of the song:

"A Place Without No Name"

As I drove across on the highway
My jeep began to rock
I didn't know what to do so I stopped and got out
And looked down and noticed I got a flat

So I walked out, parked the car like sideways
So I can find what I can fix
I looked around there were no cars on the highway
I felt a strange feeling like a mist

I walked down towards the end of the road
And in the fog a woman appeared
She said don't you worry my friend I'll take care
Take my hand, I'll take you there

Woah-oh
Take me to a place without no name
Place without no name
No Name

As she took me right through the fog
I see a beautiful city appear
Where kids are playin' and people are laughin' and smiling and
No one's in fear

She said this is the place where no people have pain
And in love and happiness
She turned around looked down at my eyes and started cryin'
She grabbed my hand, you got a friend

Woah-oh
Place without no name
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Yeah Yeah

She started likin' me kissin' me and huggin' me
She didn't really, really want me to leave
She showed me places I've never seen things I've never done
This place really looks like a lotta fun

I seen the grass and the sky and the birds
And the flowers surrounded by the trees
This place is filled with love and happiness
and not a world could I wanna leave

So then I went in my pocket took my wallet on out
With my pictures of my family and girl
This is the place that you choose to be with me
When you thought you could be in another world

Ooh-ooh
Place without no name
No name

No Name

IMO Michael is talking about his "Death" in a figurative way, it's like that woman (the death) is taking his hand to go to a better place where everybody is happy children are playing, birds, nature, etc... He clearly is talking about this hoax.
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:47:13 AM by sweetsunsetwithMJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE!!

curls

@Billie J, it's just bad grammar! Seriously, I think it's just that the title is different from the lyric, same as in 'They Don't Care About Us', in which the lyric is actually 'They don't really care about us'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

I've always associated this song with Forest Lawn since we first heard the snippet in the early days of the hoax.  Makes me think of  Janet too, as she also had a song that sampled America's  Ventura Highway.
Here's a link to Janet's ' Someone to Call my Lover' if anyone would like to listen to it again.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
I love this song. I agree with the definition of Sweetsunset, refers to the hoax and unmarked grave.
Now I think, in "A Horse with No Name." Which is exactly the same, is not that plagiarism?
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:53:53 PM by marumjj
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

From Wiki:

Because with the title of this song:"A place with no name" is hinting that he is not dead or that his grave is empty cause there's no name in the grave yet and he's using "A horse with no name" melody because the titles are very similar, that's how I understand it, I don't think Michael is running out of ideas to make new songs he is just making an awesome version of that old song.

Totally agree, is another Michael's clue  :icon_razz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-XB6U5FvA[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

everlastinglove_MJ

Thanks for posting the final version, Applehead. I like that song!

@sweetsunset, thanks for the lyrics.

When you thought you could be in another world

I think that this song is about how it actually is, which is that he was looking for a place where he could find happiness and where he could live in peace and he finally found this place where he's living a new life ("another world") and where he can't be found because to the world it has 'no name'. :icon_e_wink:
Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:59:08 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

MJonmind

I think that this song is about how it actually is, which is that he was looking for a place where he could find happiness and where he could live in peace and he finally found this place where he's living a new life ("another world") and where he can't be found because to the world it has 'no name'. :icon_e_wink:
I like that thought! It also makes me think of the Heavenly city of peace and joy and no pain.
It's wonderful hearing the full song!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

CAN'T SEE IT.  COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4IHJ2OzsSA[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Tanks, RK!
   :bearhug: :bearhug:

The lyrics are interesting, though with all due respect, I have to disagree with you Sweetsunset.  I have to think (or is it just hope!) that it's Michael's intent to take us to a place with no name.  Am I crazy?  I've always been puzzled/intrigued by those moments when he appears to be guiding us to the light as when he seemed to be bringing children to the light or in Moonwalker when he opens the door to the light. 

The place has no name because it's history hasn't been written yet.  It's a new beginning.  A return to innocence, a return to childhood.  We all know that Michael loves children and they are often the focus of his videos and music, as they are in Moonwalker.  But is he only talking about children.  What about the rest of us?  Or is there a message for us here?  An invitation to BE like children.   Children, unlike adults, are open to whatever happens.  They embrace the unknown, welcome strangers into their lives without judgment, and despite repeated falls and disappointments never fail to walk.  As adults, we've lost our openness and have given into our fears.  We fall down a couple of times and don't bother to get up.  Prevailing wisdom discourages it.  Too dangerous.  No point.  Too old.  Bad timing.  Yada, yada. 

Hope I haven't diverged too far from the point of this thread, but I have to think there is a reason the full version of this song was released now. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweetsunsetwithMJ

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Tanks, RK!
   :bearhug: :bearhug:

The lyrics are interesting, though with all due respect, I have to disagree with you Sweetsunset.  I have to think (or is it just hope!) that it's Michael's intent to take us to a place with no name.  Am I crazy?  I've always been puzzled/intrigued by those moments when he appears to be guiding us to the light as when he seemed to be bringing children to the light or in Moonwalker when he opens the door to the light. 

The place has no name because it's history hasn't been written yet.  It's a new beginning.  A return to innocence, a return to childhood.  We all know that Michael loves children and they are often the focus of his videos and music, as they are in Moonwalker.  But is he only talking about children.  What about the rest of us?  Or is there a message for us here?  An invitation to BE like children.   Children, unlike adults, are open to whatever happens.  They embrace the unknown, welcome strangers into their lives without judgment, and despite repeated falls and disappointments never fail to walk.  As adults, we've lost our openness and have given into our fears.  We fall down a couple of times and don't bother to get up.  Prevailing wisdom discourages it.  Too dangerous.  No point.  Too old.  Bad timing.  Yada, yada. 

Hope I haven't diverged too far from the point of this thread, but I have to think there is a reason the full version of this song was released now.

I like what you think about it and actually it would be awesome if Michael wanted to show us that place with no name and guided us to the light.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions