RKTopic starter

I found this on line recently where Bjork was asked a question from Michael during an interview  back in 2003. I loved her response  :smiley_abuv: 
This is a transcript of her reply.   

In 2003, Björk did an In Camera interview at showstudio. One of the questions came from the King of pop himself!

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California : I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?

Björk : I hope this doesn't sound too naff, but being alone in nature, especially after walking for hours, just puts you in your place and you realise how small you are and how plenty of everything is all around you. Then you just let go and surrender, become part of it. I'm so chuffed you asked me a question! I have to say you're the best, keep fighting and it angers me how cruel everybody is to you. It's like in the US right now, it's illegal to be an eccentric. Maybe people would have been more understanding if you were a contemporary of Ludwig II of Bavaria, who comissioned Wagner and lived with the swans. I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic even though the rest of the world have forgotten about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Just beautiful!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.

Thanks for sharing!
Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:22:25 PM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

trublu

I did not know she was an MJ fan.

I looked on Youtube and found what she had to say about him here quite interesting.

[youtube]6gsSN9Yfmkk[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

Thanks for posting the video of Bjork talking about MJ's music @Trublu.
It does my heart good to know that at a time when many of  his celebrity friends were distancing themselves, because of the media onslaught, that there were others ready to speak publicly about inspiration, hope and the belief in magic and fighting the good fight.

Does anyone recall the swan dress that Bjork wore to the 2001 oscars and how she became the butt of every joke and stand up comedian out there because of it?

She was also nominated for her song 'I've seen it all' from her movie "Dancer In The Dark".
I remember watching the movie with my daughter back when it was first released. Get the tissues out if you are going to watch it. She was amazing.

So thinking about the time line of Bjork's comments regarding MJ...she would have had a taste of what he was enduring on a much larger scale, and I guess she knew just how much ridicule can sting.

I am chuffed to see that others here were as delighted as I was to read and see her beautiful response. In all of the five years we have been disecting all things MJ, I had never come across these beautiful words from Bjork before. 

:-*
Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:18:22 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Hi RK

Yes I think there were a few people who did stick by MJ but they were mostly shunned by the media sadly.

I like what she said in what you originally posted, it's true that society seems to reject 'eccentric' people these days, which is a shame, because to me they are the most interesting and special people.

I did like very much what she said in the video too but I didn't like the way they edited it, made it look a little creepy and I don't know why they did that.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
Thanks RK, I did not know they had ever crossed words.
I do not know, Björk, but if MJ had the courtesy to talk to her, is that considered to have things in common. I like!  :bearhug:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi RK

Yes I think there were a few people who did stick by MJ but they were mostly shunned by the media sadly.

I like what she said in what you originally posted, it's true that society seems to reject 'eccentric' people these days, which is a shame, because to me they are the most interesting and special people.

I did like very much what she said in the video too but I didn't like the way they edited it, made it look a little creepy and I don't know why they did that.

After the word PUBERty....well it is creepy as hell  :icon_pale: and it made me throw up .......this bastards know very well what are they up to and her role in the PLAY it's just perfect,(by licking her mouth)......CIRCUS freak  :icon_mad: !!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions