RKTopic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jackson Documentary Tangled In Lawsuit
by Richard Johnson   July 26, 2014

The executors in charge of the Michael Jackson estate will be investigated in a documentary, “Follow the Money,” being produced by Edward Bass, who is already in a legal battle with them.
Bass — whose credits include 2006’s “Bobby,” which was nominated for a Golden Globe Best Picture and starred Anthony Hopkins, Joy Bryant and Shia LaBeouf — sued lawyer John Branca and music exec John McClain after they obtained a “cease and desist” court order preventing Bass from releasing, “Michael: The Last Photo Shoots.”
The documentary includes video footage shot by Jackson’s friend, Hassan Mohammed, of two 2007 magazine shoots — one by Bruce Weber, the other by Matthew Rolston.
Bass bought the video from Mohammed, but the estate’s lawyer Howard Weitzman claims the estate owns the footage, which includes “private moments that [Jackson] never agreed could be publicly and commercially exploited.”
Bass told me, “Michael loved the footage. He was thrilled when it aired. He would be horrified at what these lawyers are doing.”
Bass said the footage was shown and offered to the estate. “After 18 months of negotiations, they turned it down. If you owned it, why would you negotiate to buy it?”
His next documentary, “Follow the Money,” will focus on Branca and McClain, who — in the five years since Jackson’s death — have collected far more than the nearly $20 million that has gone to Jackson’s mother, Katherine, and his three children.
The estate has also spent $17 million on legal fees. “They don’t mind spending millions of dollars on litigation, because they are paying themselves,” Bass said.
“Somebody has to challenge them. We want to set a precedent here,” Bass said. “It’s a matter of principle. We’re not backing off.”
Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:24:52 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wasen't  it LaToya who said  to" follow the money trail" several years ago?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
Quote from: ShyBleuEyes

Also there was an airplane ad saying "follow the money to Michael Jackson's death"

Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:40:15 PM by Thriller4ever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

Also there was an airplane ad saying "follow the money to Michael Jackson's death"

Ooohh Yeah! i totally forgot about that , i hope that indeed this docu will come out. i am looking forward to it. could it be a plan of a larger group of people, who waited for the right time to put it in the open, because i wonder why they waited this long. there was a debate between the family and the estate that mc Clain and Branca being back under a false will dated 2002. Michael could not have signed the fake will because he was in New York at that time.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

Do

I've always had doubts about the estate (and Sony, because they also ended up with loads of money. And the estate made, ofcourse, the deal with Sony). I also have doubts about the family but thats's a subject for the other thread.

(Btw Is it me, or is the forum (writing a post) awfully slow these past few days?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

yeah mine is slow also, but especially when i write things down, i really have to push the buttons hard while typing. And sometimes when i reread my own post letters are missing, i have to reread very carfully, but mostly i am in a hurry....
For me,... i think it's my PC who is not the youngest anymore..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Money, money always money....  >:(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

Money, money always money....  >:(

Yeah,....

Want your pot of gold
Need the Midas touch
Bet you sell your soul
Cuz your God is such
You don't care
You kill for the money
Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:39:52 PM by ShyBleuEyes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

suspicious mind

humm through a chain of events brian oxman winds up in possession of michael's legal papers all execpt the will which no doubts he was interested in.  ;D to be a fly on that wall. :LolLolLolLol:

humm come to think of it did you notice what it said ? it was thought he died without a will which meant it would go to the kids. all that would be needed was for someone to be over them. ummmm family called him dead not branca .  :suspect:
Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:07:34 PM by suspicious mind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

funny to me that it says death and not killers or something
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Do

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal

i never liked the family
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

curls

I never liked the Daily Mail.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

It's an excerpt from Randall Sullivan's book. Don't know if he's got all the facts straight, however, he is not the only one who claims that Michael was the ATM machine of the family.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal