I read an article about this new book and decided to research the author, Pheonix.  I had no idea who this person was. 

He also wrote the book, "Touched By the Jacksons."  Back in 2003, Pheonix promoted this book on TV even though it was published in 1998 (according to Amazon).  My first thought is that he promoted the book in 2003 after the child abuse allegations that year to obviously make money while MJ was on the news.  (However, he defended Michael on the Today Show that year).

Coincidentally, Pheonix is promoting his new book, "Michael Jackson: The Lie Becomes the Truth" after the Robson/Safechuck charges have been made.  If he is just trying to make money off of his book, why didn't he write this in 2009 after MJ had 'died'?  With all the media attention, he would have made a lot.  I think it's strange that he waited 5 years.

The twitter account, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, has been promoting this book.  I have not read the book, but judging from the promo trailers it seems he's attacking the Jackson family the most.  The tweets have been directed at Randy especially about the Jacksons performing on stage again.  Has anyone read this book?  I know most probably don't want to.  But, to me, it just seems he's trying to expose how the Jackson family have been exploiting MJ.

Interesting enough, I've been obsessed with researching the Nation of Islam lately, and saw that this twitter account is being followed by Blueprint Supporters@ecoblue48.  The Economic Blueprint is a NOI-backed campaign to help end poverty among their followers.  When I visit this twitter account it has approx. 40,000 followers.  One would think that this is the official twitter account for the campaign.  It's odd that the account would also follow an anonymous person promoting a book about MJ.  Even more interesting is that an account for Michael Amir also follows Blueprint Supporters. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

haven't read the book, but I sometimes wonder if the jacksons did exploit our sweet MJ  :icon_cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

The author's name is "PHOENIX"?  Seems to be a theme going on here with 'Phoenix'.  The Olympics, Eurovision, Super Bowl, and now the ''much anticipated' book that no one seems to have heard of!

*(Las Vegas, NV) – The long-awaited, tell-all book, Michael Jackson: The Lie Becomes the Truth, from the critically acclaimed author, Phoenix, reveals the secrets and lies about Michael Jackson that the world did not know.
Phoenix uncovers the truth that Michael Jackson never sang on his last three albums before his death, HIStory, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Invincible; sound-alikes were used because Michael wore a prosthetic nose since the ‘90s and could no longer sing. Camouflaged voices were digitally enhanced and tweaked to sing in Michael’s tone and octave, just like the posthumous CD releases of Michael and Xscape.
Phoenix also exposes the disillusion of the riveting 3D resurrection of Michael Jackson at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards as a hologram of a performance that Michael never gave to a song that Michael never sang.
Never before has a book been written on the entire Jackson family, exposing the whole shocking truth. According to Phoenix, “it’s time the world knows the truth!”
Phoenix, the Jackson family expert, author of the applauded book entitled, Touched by the Jacksons, about the world famous King of Pop, Michael Jackson, and the Jackson family, was a longtime friend and former spokesperson for the Jackson Family who also managed one of the famous Jackson brothers, Tito Jackson.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Google+ – MJLiesandTruth@gmail.com

Read more at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you go on to the Youtube account, there are at present 4 promo videos, all a bit cheesy IMO, with some 'Thriller' overtones. 

I love the part where they say Phoenix was a critically acclaimed author whose first book was voted Number One, with no indication as to who might have voted and where! 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Echo

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
  • Hear Virtue in Call to Prayer

Interesting enough, I've been obsessed with researching the Nation of Islam lately, and saw that this twitter account is being followed by Blueprint Supporters@ecoblue48.  The Economic Blueprint is a NOI-backed campaign to help end poverty among their followers.  When I visit this twitter account it has approx. 40,000 followers.  One would think that this is the official twitter account for the campaign.  It's odd that the account would also follow an anonymous person promoting a book about MJ.  Even more interesting is that an account for Michael Amir also follows Blueprint Supporters.

If you have not already taken note, Phoenix's first following on his(her?) twitter account is Richard Griffin, better known by his stage name "Professor Griff", rapper, spoken word artist and lecturer. He was a member of the hip hop group Public Enemy and head of the Security of the First World. It is believed that Professor Griff is a member of NOI.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It’s a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the Creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favor to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man. It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art ... And then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him". - W. Snipes

I checked out Professor Griff’s BlogTalkRadio show, NMEMindz, and it seems he's NOI, or at least a follower.  The radio show promotes a lot of NOI-related materials and has guests that identify with the Nation.  At the beginning of each show, they begin with affirmations or 'shout outs' to acknowledge NOI spiritual leaders and scholars.  So, I would assume he's NOI.

Each episode is pretty long (2 hours each), but I listened in on some of them.  One was "Music: The Technical Side of the Business" where they discussed how artists are exploited in the industry.  They mentioned MJ once during this episode, but I didn't find anything else that could be hoax-related.

There are two other episodes that discussed Black Fraternities & Sororities (Part 1 & 2).  It caught my attention because there was a brief description on how these organizations are breeding grounds for Masonic groups and other secret societies.  It just reminded me of Conrad Murray since there were rumors that he is a Freemason. 

I was surprised that the radio show hosts were actually against such groups.  So many famous people were members of these fraternities; you would think members of the Nation would respect that.   Instead, they were very critical of these organizations in that they’re modeled after secret societies from European cultures and subordinating to ‘white’ values.  (The conversations on these shows get pretty intense).

So, I kept thinking about the relationship between Conrad Murray, a supposed Freemason, and all the NOI security guards.  How did they view each other?  Did they even respect each other? 

Also, if Pheonix is NOI and follows this radio show, does he feel the same way?  The Jacksons are the most famous African American music family and became so main stream.  Does Pheonix view this as ‘subordinating’? Could this be fueling his attacks on MJ and his family?  Or I could just be reading into this way too much.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Echo

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Attentive Heart
  • Hear Virtue in Call to Prayer
Each episode is pretty long (2 hours each), but I listened in on some of them.  One was "Music: The Technical Side of the Business" where they discussed how artists are exploited in the industry.  They mentioned MJ once during this episode, but I didn't find anything else that could be hoax-related.

Professor Griff may be a Five Percenter, which may be a little more than an off-shoot of NOI.

I was waiting for you to tell me what you found in regards to any commentary from Professor Griff on the death of Michael Jackson. I could not find anything prominent.  This man confronts controversial topics head on. I find it highly unusual that there is no record on You Tube regarding any profound commentary from Professor Griff specific to the alleged death of Michael Jackson. Could not find any press statements either. Do I think that he is involved in a death hoax? No. Do I think that he was gagged from the topic of MJ by his association to NOI? Perhaps.

Again, perhaps silence speaks to loyalty.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"It’s a great loss for us and I just hope and pray that the Creator, whatever you believe in, still holds us in favor to send us another angel like that. Because if not, we may have lost more than just a man. It must be something very special to send a man like that down. He influenced so many different people, so many different industries, politics, science, music, art ... And then to be taken away? Maybe we didn't take good care of him". - W. Snipes

This is the dumbest book in the world.  It’s cover to cover lies and bullshit. I’m hitting my head against the wall right now for taking the time to read this junk. I guess I was trying to figure out who this author was and his relationship to the Jackson family.

Pheonix proclaims himself a former publicist and promoter for the Jacksons and had briefly managed Tito’s career (when in fact, all he did was book a few shows for him).  I have a feeling that this is the extent of his association with the family, although he claims to have had numerous private conversations with the family members and spoke as if he’s known them since the 70s.

He completely bashed every member of the Jackson family (with an entire chapter on Jermaine) describing them as lazy, talentless, and broke; that they’re barely getting by now that Michael isn’t supporting them; and criticized their recent tours and television appearances.  And he shared his thoughts on what they should have done to promote themselves and how they should have managed their careers.  It made me wonder if maybe he was jealous in some way – perhaps they didn’t ask him to help with promotion and bookings in recent years.

He claims to be very close to the family.  So close, that people often mistook him as one of the Jacksons, which I found kind of funny.  In some chapters, it seemed as if Pheonix wanted to BE a part of the Jacksons. He included pictures of autographed memorabilia and boasted how he’s the only person with all album covers signed by all members of the Jackson 5.  I couldn’t understand why he would include these when the entire book is backstabbing everyone. 

I didn’t find any additional connections to the Nation of Islam, which was another reason why I read the book.  I think Pheonix is either a member or follower.  However, he mentioned ‘crystals in the body’ several times when he referred to Michael allegedly using drugs.  He kept saying, ‘he was destroying the crystals in his body’ with drugs and plastic surgery.  I had no idea what he meant by having ‘crystals’ in the body.  I’m not sure if that’s an NOI belief or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions