Re: New Mj Song has leaked!
January 04, 2010, 06:35:52 PM
I listened to it yesterday but didn't take the time to download it.  Now it is off YouTube due to Sony copyright infringement.  If anyone downloaded it and wants to share, please pm me.

The article about it today is very confusing. Kravitz says he has his copy under lock and key.  So where did this copy come from???  :?  

'Another Day': Sony yanks leaked Michael Jackson song; Lenny Kravitz speaks about the recording
January 4, 2010 | 12:15 pm
 Can you put a genie back in the bottle?

The Jackson family and Sony Music Entertainment have pulled "Another Day," the Michael Jackson-Lenny Kravitz duet that leaked over the weekend. (Notice that the video is no longer, ahem, available.)

Kravitz confirmed in a video on his Facebook page that the 90 seconds or so that circulated online was in fact his work with Jackson. However, he said, though he wrote the song and played all the instruments, he had nothing to do with the leak. What got out is not mixed, he said, and features the voice of someone who had nothing to do with the recording.

"Mine has been locked up in a vault since we recorded it," he said. The session with Jackson was, he said, "one of the most amazing musical experiences I've ever had."

The Ministry recommends you watch Kravitz's video. It's interesting -- and, as a bonus, very relaxing.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 12:37:37 PM
If anyone is interested in the whole unedited song it's here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it's about 3 minutes and 34 seconds long! Amazing and the collaboration with Lenny Kravitz was pure GENIUS! We all know how Michael loved a good guitarist in his work and on stage. Simply amazing. I can't wait for Lenny to get the go ahead to release the track! Like Liberian Girl mentioned he did give and explanation which you can see in the link I just provided up above. In case you don't want to read it there, here you go:

"“I just want to reach out to you so I can set the record straight regarding the Michael Jackson track ‘Another Day’. A part of the song leaked, not by me, because mine has been locked up in a vault since we recorded it. This song was recorded by Michael and myself. I produced it for him, I wrote the song, and I played all the instruments on the track. It was one of the most amazing musical experiences that I’ve had. I hope fans will be able to hear it in its entirety when it’s ready for a proper release. That’s all being worked out.”"

The full song as well as the video by Lenny is on that page! Enjoy!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"When you lay me down sleeping and my heart is weeping"
-Michael Jackson

January 05, 2010, 01:10:37 PM
Quote from: "mjfanforever"
If anyone is interested in the whole unedited song it's here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

it's about 3 minutes and 34 seconds long! Amazing and the collaboration with Lenny Kravitz was pure GENIUS! We all know how Michael loved a good guitarist in his work and on stage. Simply amazing. I can't wait for Lenny to get the go ahead to release the track! Like Liberian Girl mentioned he did give and explanation which you can see in the link I just provided up above. In case you don't want to read it there, here you go:

"“I just want to reach out to you so I can set the record straight regarding the Michael Jackson track ‘Another Day’. A part of the song leaked, not by me, because mine has been locked up in a vault since we recorded it. This song was recorded by Michael and myself. I produced it for him, I wrote the song, and I played all the instruments on the track. It was one of the most amazing musical experiences that I’ve had. I hope fans will be able to hear it in its entirety when it’s ready for a proper release. That’s all being worked out.”"

The full song as well as the video by Lenny is on that page! Enjoy!

Unfortunately, it's not the full song. Someone has simply taken whatever sample was available (the 1 min 30 secs), edited out the DJ voiceover, (even though you can hear it if you listen carefully, just before the chorus) and repeated the loops over and over to make it into a longer version, not only this but the second verse is wrong. All in all, it's not very well edited. Keep waiting, the real full version will no doubt be released sooner or later. Hopefully  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=85]Lift Your Head Up High and Scream Out To The World
I Know I Am Someone and Let The Truth Unfurl
No One Can Hurt You Now because You Know What\'s True
Yes, I Believe In Me, So You Believe In You[/size]

January 05, 2010, 05:47:50 PM
Hi, guys;

Did anyone hear, in "Another Day", a man saying something that sounded like "La Costra Nostra" which, as we know, is the Italian Mafia. Now, I don't think that he was referring to the Mafia, but here are my thoughts about what was being said:

1) It says "La Coka Nostra", which is a Hip Hop Group. Here is a link to information on them in Wikkipedia: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. This is my pick as to the meaning behind it... they could be the musicians singing with Michael. Think back to how he often gives plugs in his songs to his musicians (Dark Child), etc.

2) It says "La Costa Nostra", which may be used literally. The words themselves mean "this thing is ours". Michael really likes to use metaphors, so maybe this is an interpretation of the words and not a reference to the mafia.

What are your thoughts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I love you most, Michael. You are in my heart and soul. I am and have always been standing by your side every day of my life - Past. Present. Future. You are my story.