trubluTopic starter

Janet Jackson at The Global Citizen Festival
September 30, 2018, 10:19:01 AM
You can watch it here from 5:30:00
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Interesting moments:
Naomi Campbell introduces Janet (we know of Naomi and Michael's connection from her work on the In The Closet music video)
Lots of imagery at the beginning reminding me of MJ, Symbolism, politics etc
Janet starts her set by singing part of scream, "Oh my God, can't believe what I saw on the TV this evening, I was disgusted by all the injustice, All the injustice"
There is a really WEIRD bit at 6:09:40 where she does this pre recorded bit in black and white where it looks like she is smearing blood all over her face (it's lipstick) and she's crying. Then it goes into a song and she says "Don't let anyone manipulate you, control you or use you" then you can hear loud ambulance/police sirens playing as the song starts.
At one point when she is smearing stuff on her face she puts her finger to her lips insinuating a secret
The look in the black & white segment reminds me very much of MJs aesthetic in "In the closet"
The song playing in the background is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
6:20:50 the song scream starts with Michael in the background , she says "let's go mike!"
When her part starts, to me (anyone remember those VMAS) it sounds like Michael is singing and not Janet. Or at least is sounds very different to her voice for the rest of the set.
At the end of Scream, Janet talks about double standards for men and women and bigotry and prejudice in general and that she's disgusted by it.

Wondering if anyone else watched and if they noticed anything weird?

Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:55:00 AM by trublu
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Carrie

Re: Janet Jackson at The Global Citizen Festival
October 03, 2018, 07:26:38 AM
What you’re describing, trublu, seems similar to her opening act on her SOTW tour. I saw her perform In Las Vegas last year. But her first song back then was The Knowledge, if I remember correctly.
Did she/they show her video that she had made to the music/melody of her song "Again"?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions