Grace

Re: MICHAELS GRAVE 50 YEARS OLD?
July 04, 2010, 03:01:14 AM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Forest Lawn, often called the Disneyland of the dead, opens in Glendale, California.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Disneyland of the dead....   :?

I don't think that's such a bad description.

"Forest  Lawn was founded in 1906 by a group of businessmen in San Francisco, and it was initially established as a non-profit. By 1917, Forest Lawn had been taken over by Dr. Hubert Eaton, a man who is often credited with revolutionizing the American funeral industry." [...] The company does not appreciate the term “cemetery” in the context of its properties, preferring “memorial park.” [...] Forest  Lawn's grounds are also rented out for weddings, christenings, and other events."

The memorial parks are made of easy-to-maintain greenland and plaques that don't bother a lawnmower (reminding me in their standardization of cemeteries for killed soldiers in WW I / WW II) and of reproductions of famous masterpieces of architecture and art thus being appealing to tourists to spend their leisure.
This is an industry for make-believe and made-as-if - what's in fact making this much different from any Disneyland theme park?

Does anybody else find it strange to have a "Drive-In" to honor your beloved decedents?
Just like you would drive-in buying a hot-dog. Is it only me who thinks that's strange?

[youtube:dncgm8qi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACwqsQp28s&feature=related[/youtube:dncgm8qi]

Added:
On being unique - also in death:
[youtube:dncgm8qi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUR3gfvxCTs&feature=related[/youtube:dncgm8qi]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

Re: MICHAELS GRAVE 50 YEARS OLD?
July 14, 2010, 04:22:07 AM
[/quote] This is an industry for make-believe and made-as-if - what's in fact making this much different from any Disneyland theme park?

Does anybody else find it strange to have a "Drive-In" to honor your beloved decedents?
Just like you would drive-in buying a hot-dog. Is it only me who thinks that's strange?
[/quote]

No, it`s not only you ...  
I guess most Europeans would consider a concept lke this as rather impious or irreverent.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions