Re: Joe is asking for Michaels medical records
January 02, 2010, 06:55:08 PM
Do you think that story could be a fake? Maybe the Jacksons have paid TMZ to write this story to make it look like Michael is in fact dead. Maybe they're trying to get everyone to stop probing into Michael's supposed death. If there wasn't a statement from the hospital, doctors or coroner in regard to his death then there shouldn't be any papers either. And the fact that no one wanted to put their name on the death certificate. Doesn't add up IMO. Could it be they're trying to stop the investigations? Just a thought. Anything's possible at this point. IDK
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2010, 07:00:19 PM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Im with Joe on this one.

Why would the MJJ estate be furious that he has requested these?  Surely if the man is dead, then the truth coming out would be the best in all interests???  Why would the estate be angry Joe Jackson wants the hospital reports and autopsy reports.

As MJs father.... this must mean that Joe hasnt seen the autopsy reports either...  WHAT???????? MJs own father hasnt seen the autopsy reports?????

IMO, if he was so interested in Michael's "medical condition(s)" he should've talked to Michael himself.  That is a blatant violation of Michael's privacy and in violation of HIPPA laws.  Michael was an adult.  His parents should not be privy to his personal medical history prior to the events of 6/25/09.  Some things should remain confidential.  If he is indeed deceased,having his medical records won't bring him back, so what's the real motive?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

January 02, 2010, 07:02:47 PM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Im with Joe on this one.

Why would the MJJ estate be furious that he has requested these?  Surely if the man is dead, then the truth coming out would be the best in all interests???  Why would the estate be angry Joe Jackson wants the hospital reports and autopsy reports.

As MJs father.... this must mean that Joe hasnt seen the autopsy reports either...  WHAT???????? MJs own father hasnt seen the autopsy reports?????

IMO, if he was so interested in Michael's "medical condition(s)" he should've talked to Michael himself.  That is a blatant violation of Michael's privacy and in violation of HIPPA laws.  Michael was an adult.  His parents should not be privy to his personal medical history prior to the events of 6/25/09.  Some things should remain confidential.  If he is indeed deceased,having his medical records won't bring him back, so what's the real motive?

Wont bring him back..  but would give understanding and therefore closure
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 02, 2010, 07:08:07 PM
Don't know that it would.  He'll never get them.  It is a blatant violation of his rights.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

January 03, 2010, 05:52:45 AM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"

Completely agree.  Michael was a grown man, not a child...his medical history is none of Joe's business.  MIchael was a very private person, I'm sure he'd be mortified if Joe and his lawyer got their hands on those.  Now I can see that Joe might subpoena the coroner's office, because they're the ones who have the autopsy findings, not UCLA.  But wouldn't those be available to the family without a subpoena anyway?  I would think at the very least Katherine would be allowed to see the information, unless maybe it's under lock and key until the investigation is over.  Something about this is very fishy to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

January 03, 2010, 07:30:41 AM
'Joe Jackson, or members of the Jackson family, as Michael Jackson’s next-of-kin, may have the right to access records in relation to an impending wrongful death suit.'

'All states have laws about what is called the physician-patient privilege. This privilege includes a patient’s right to medical privacy and the right to prevent a physician from revealing the contents of medical files without the patient’s permission. This privilege is frequently an issue in wrongful death lawsuits, where wrongful death lawyers need access to the medical information to prepare for a case. Because the plaintiff (the person suing) in the wrongful death lawsuit must prove that the defendant(s) caused the wrongful death, medical evidence is crucial.'

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If Joe is looking to sue AEG, as Murray's employer, then i presume Joe will receive compensation should he win because he is the father of the deceased. It may not be just about money though. So much time has passed since MJ's 'death'. There are still many facts that have yet to even surface. The LAPD is sitting on all of this, but can they be trusted? The full autopsy report has still not been published. What was the estimated time of death? Was he still revivable when paramendics got there..........and Murray is back at work. The coroner won't release the report independently until they get the go-ahead from LAPD. Perhaps the family are just tired of being kept out of the loop. I do fear though that the MJ Estate (and its people) is becoming a formidable entity to be reckoned with, even by MJ's own family! Are they there to protect MJ's dignity and legacy as a human being, or do they see the estate as a huge opportunity to make money from his death any which way they can regardless of whether MJ would approve. What do they really represent? The issue with the Jackson-Murray-AEG contract is also interesting. AEG denies the existence of a valid signed contract, but what was in the contract that MJ and AEG couldn't agree on?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 03, 2010, 05:49:39 PM
What confuses me is the whole Family vs. Estate confrontation, starting from the moment the Will has been pronounced. I mean shouldn't they be on the same side of the fence (i.e. MJ's)? And so far it looks more like there's some sort of cold war between them, so i'm kinda wondering if it's a real confrontation (in which case we need to nderstand who's TRULY representing MJ's intrests if any!) or a staged show with TMZ playing the role of a public crier (seriously, how do they get those documents?!)

As for this particular article:

- shouldn't it be UCLA or even LAPD officials to stand up to the request for these documents due to physician/patient privilege and the ongoing investigation. Such opposition would be 100 times more authoritative and logical in the eyes of the world, rather than this done by the estate laywers and compromising the Jackson family with a doubt of their good intentions.

-in the letter it is mentioned that including MJ's SSN in the subpoena is a clear violation of his privacy, as such highly confidential information may not be part of any public record, BUT... don't we already know his SSN from SSDI? Now i'm not sure if SSN should remain confidential after the person passes away or only while alive? After all we could also see MJ's drivers licence which is considered a private record and cannot be disclosed to the public while the person is alive in order to prevent any fraudulent actions.

Social Security Death Index

Name: Michael Joseph Jackson
Date of Birth: Friday August 29, 1958
Date of Death: Thursday June 25, 2009
Est. Age at death: 50 years, 9 months, 27 days

Last known residence:
State: California
Confirmation: Proven

Social Security details:
State of Issue: Indiana
Social Security Number: 303-62-5728

So the question is, why to put such a stress on keeping it a secret while it's all over the internet... smells of a drama... or did they fill another (REAL) number in the subpoena?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

January 03, 2010, 08:35:43 PM
Quote from: "tinker_bell"

-in the letter it is mentioned that including MJ's SSN in the subpoena is a clear violation of his privacy, as such highly confidential information may not be part of any public record, BUT... don't we already know his SSN from SSDI? Now i'm not sure if SSN should remain confidential after the person passes away or only while alive? After all we could also see MJ's drivers licence which is considered a private record and cannot be disclosed to the public while the person is alive in order to prevent any fraudulent actions.

Social Security Death Index

Social Security Number: 303-62-5728

So the question is, why to put such a stress on keeping it a secret while it's all over the internet... smells of a drama... or did they fill another (REAL) number in the subpoena?  :?

The SSN from celebrities that have died have been made public (ie Elvis, Marilyn) so I don't see why Michael's should be treated any differently (if he had really died). Also, did they release his current drivers licence/passport or just expired ones?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 03, 2010, 08:44:21 PM
Quote from: "Star Gazer"

The SSN from celebrities that have died have been made public (ie Elvis, Marilyn) so I don't see why Michael's should be treated any differently (if he had really died). Also, did they release his current drivers licence/passport or just expired ones?

And that's exactly my point, why to make a problem out of it (as stems from the letter by Weitzman) unless MJ is ALIVE? It's not logical.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

January 05, 2010, 11:12:03 AM
Has anyone else noticed how nutty, strange, not with it Joe Jackson behaves during interviews?  Ok, of course you have.  Sure Joe is pissed he got left out of the will.  Probably his lawyer is prompting him to do whatever it takes to extract some cash back from MJ. Hey, Joe, let's try this, let's try that......   Kathrine and her family are obviously estranged from Joe in some way. But they have to hide the family dirt at all cost.
Don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind that Joe may have been involved in the murder of .....  and he's hoping to be allowed to see what medical evidence there is to know where his ass stands.  Next, I'm going to wash my mouth out with soap for saying that.
Now, the deception surrounding "the death of MJ".  All this suspicious behavior and bad acting.  The elaborate staging.  2 and 2 not adding up.......
Is there anyone on this board who can actually go snoop around to verify that conference room at UCLA in fact exists? Did you notice there were sound effects but the news crews and cameras were out of video range? The fact that no official UCLA people were there and the statement made that 'NO QUESTIONS' were permitted ?  That would cover up the fact it may have been staged.  Leave no stone unturned.
Also it is true that while the family tries to pull of a hoax, our investigation may be hampering their progress.  I keep wondering if we may need to figure out a way to set up an underground investigation?

What do you think ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 07, 2010, 04:14:56 PM
Quote from: "mmz"
can this news be the beginning of the reveiling of the hoax?
What about if the UCLA medical reports show that the dead guy is not real Michael? And family has been "fooled"?...or make believe they have been fooled...
or everybody (UCLA doctors included)make believe they have been fooled by genius Michael!!!
It is going to be a good january.
Maybe Joe is just helping Michael in the hoax!

The family has every right to the medical records.  When my mother died I was given a copy of the full set of hospital records, which contained her medical history and the full autopy report.  There were no forms to sign.  This is in the US also, where HIPAA laws are strongly enforced and this was a good hospital.  We had many questions as to the cause of death (hospital and/or prior medical negligence, or natural consequences of her illness).  That is why we requested, and were given, her full medical records, without the need for a subpoena.  I don't see why the Estate would argue against this.  That is what really bothers me, unless the Estate has something to hide.  I have no problem with the family getting the complete reports.  The whole family supports the request.  Either the reports will show that no one died at UCLA, that someone other than Michael died there, or that Michael really did die at UCLA for whatever reason (autopsy would show this).  I am thinking that either the family believes something is fishy, or it is the beginning of the reveal.  If the report doesn't exist, then we will have proof that Michael did not die at UCLA.  The family also has it's own autopsy reports so they must either know that Michael died, or their autopsy was a fake, or the autopsy was done on someone else. I hope that whatever the case, the real records are given to the public by the family and that some accurate reporting is done.  I am more suspicious of the Estate for trying to block what the family has a right to than I am suspicious of Joe. Bottom line is I hope the family gets the records.  It's their right, no matter what Joe decides to do with what the information.  LOL Sorry for rambling.  I am just thinking out loud.  Whatever the case, this is good news because we will have more information.  I hope the Estate is not succesful in blocking Joe's request.  This is exciting!  I am hoping that it's the beginning of the reveal!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2010, 07:57:01 AM
Quote from: "Jade Jackson"
The family has every right to the medical records.  When my mother died I was given a copy of the full set of hospital records, which contained her medical history and the full autopy report.  There were no forms to sign.  This is in the US also, where HIPAA laws are strongly enforced and this was a good hospital.  We had many questions as to the cause of death (hospital and/or prior medical negligence, or natural consequences of her illness).  That is why we requested, and were given, her full medical records, without the need for a subpoena.  I don't see why the Estate would argue against this.

That's not exactly true.  Unless Michael signed an authorization for Joe to access his records he is not entitled to them.  I believe it is different for a child to retrieve a parent's records.  Under California law, a personal representative of the deceased, ie. an executor or administrator of the estate, or a beneficiary, are the only ones legally entitled to them.  At least that's my understanding of the HIPAA laws.  That's why it doesn't make sense for Joe to subpoena them...it's very suspicious since Katherine is well in her rights to access them because she was named in the will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

January 12, 2010, 07:05:25 AM
Did anyone hear anything further regarding the subpoenas Joe served UCLA?  He requested they give Michael's medical records to him by Jan. 11th.  I wonder if he backed down after MJ's lawyer's stern letter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions