I work at Honda Center which is another sports and entertainment venue and I see a lot of behind the scene things. Like Stage set up. Stapels Center has a professional Hockey Team The Kings, and The Lakers . Hockey season and Basketball season are the same time. I work for The Ducks and it takes time for the ice to freeze and home hockey games are 3 times a week on top of that The Lakers . I found it stange that with having  2 professional teams playing the same time  and whatever concerts they have have booked that Michael could use the venue for 3 months prior and have full stage set up and take down which can take 8 hours to assemble and disassemble. But in the movie he wears 3 outfits so maybe they were rehearsing somewhere else and did the final cuts of the movie at Stapels . What do you think
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "LoriCStone"
I work at Honda Center which is another sports and entertainment venue and I see a lot of behind the scene things. Like Stage set up. Stapels Center has a professional Hockey Team The Kings, and The Lakers . Hockey season and Basketball season are the same time. I work for The Ducks and it takes time for the ice to freeze and home hockey games are 3 times a week on top of that The Lakers . I found it stange that with having  2 professional teams playing the same time  and whatever concerts they have have booked that Michael could use the venue for 3 months prior and have full stage set up and take down which can take 8 hours to assemble and disassemble. But in the movie he wears 3 outfits so maybe they were rehearsing somewhere else and did the final cuts of the movie at Stapels . What do you think

Yes, of course. TII was shot at The Forum and at the Staples Center.
They started rehearsing at Staples only at June 22nd, I think.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Ninanina"
I work at Honda Center which is another sports and entertainment venue and I see a lot of behind the scene things. Like Stage set up. Stapels Center has a professional Hockey Team The Kings, and The Lakers . Hockey season and Basketball season are the same time. I work for The Ducks and it takes time for the ice to freeze and home hockey games are 3 times a week on top of that The Lakers . I found it stange that with having 2 professional teams playing the same time and whatever concerts they have have booked that Michael could use the venue for 3 months prior and have full stage set up and take down which can take 8 hours to assemble and disassemble. But in the movie he wears 3 outfits so maybe they were rehearsing somewhere else and did the final cuts of the movie at Stapels . What do you think

Yes, of course. TII was shot at The Forum and at the Staples Center.
They started rehearsing at Staples only at June 22nd, I think.

Thank you for the very insightful post.  I am so glad to hear from someone who would have this kind of first hand experience working at a big, entertainment venue.  I always wondered what went on the Staples Center when MJ was practicing for the upcoming TII tour.  All my speculation started when I came across the This is NOT it site. Thank you giving the date when MJ and his crew started practicing at the Staples Center.  I have seen other MJ sites say that the fans  heard rehearsing going on as early as June 18th.  I am very curious about survillance video from the Staples Center when MJ was practicing. I have also wonder what is on the TII remaining hours of footage that was recorded for MJ's personal archives.  I just have wondered what Kenny Ortega has on film that we fans never saw for the Forum and the Staples Center rehearsals.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde