This is the moment. This is it... by the U.S. President

  • 13 Replies
  • 1070 Views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tinker_bell

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 205
    • Show only replies by tinker_bell

This is the moment. This is it... by the U.S. President

  • on: November 25, 2009, 11:43:50 PM
The phrase seems very popular... I've recently come across this article and thougt of sharing with you guys:

Quote
Obama Urges House Dems: “This Is It. This Is The Moment.”

In today’s closed-door caucus meeting, President Obama urged House Dems to grasp the magnitude of the historical moment, telling them they were on the cusp of an achievement as momentous as Social Security and Medicare, a House Dem who was there tells me.

“He said, `This is it. This is the moment,’” Dem Rep. Jan Schakowsky said in an interview.

Standing behind a podium as many members snapped pictures on their cell phones, Obama urged members to look beyond self-interested political concerns.

“He asked people who are worried about what’s happening back home to remember why we came to public service,” Schakowsky recounted. “He said, `It is a privilege to be able to do this for the American people.’ He used that word.”

“This is a Medicare moment; this is a Social Security moment,” is how Schakowsky described Obama’s message, adding that he noted that both those programs were greeted by scary language about socialism and the end of capitalism. “But these are the moments people are so proud to have been part of.”

To illustrate the point, Obama singled out Dem Rep. John Dingell, who held the gavel during the passage of Medicare, earning Dingell a standing ovation.

Separately, Sam Stein reports that Obama delved into the politics a bit by pointing out that Republicans would continue to attack Dems no matter which way they voted. Schakowsky adds that he told them Dems are all in this together.

It was only a matter of time before Obama — whose election was itself a world-historical event — stepped in to play the role of historical conscience, and to urge nervous Dems preoccupied by parochial politics and GOP attack lines to think big and bold.

***************************************
Posted by Greg Sargent | 11/07/2009, 02:29 PM EST
http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/presi ... he-moment/

It's not just the choice of words that draw my attention... Ever since i started to think about the whole hoax thing i couldn't help guessing whether American government could be on it. After all, if the issue is as serious as we think it is and is supposed to bring about some very global consequences (ie. the change of ppl's mind and ways of thinking and dealing with the media, nature etc.) i can hardly imagine that it would pass by the authorities. Even in terms of the legal case and investigation many agree that authorities should be on it...

Another thing that's been running through my mind is the timing... why now, why after so many years of silence (non-performing) to announce a comeback which isn't even a real comeback but a 'final curtain call'. Is that the way to do it? And why exactly now... I don't really buy the banckrupsy story neither the one of control and manipulation. Many very close MJ's friends and collaborators kept saying that noone could ever make him do what he didn't want to do. In other words Michael always did what he wanted. So it was HIS decision and the timing was precise as he's always been the master of the moment. So could this time been chosen because the political situation changed dramatically on November 2008 when for the first time in US history an African American President was elected?

Sorry for the messy post, but i'd love to hear what you think of it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »


~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

Offline SPAKKLE29FUL

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 1148
    • Show only replies by SPAKKLE29FUL
i tend to agree with you and also obama didnt really have much to say about the death i think he only addressed it like 4 days after
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline mjssoulmate

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 820
    • Show only replies by mjssoulmate
The phrase certainly has become popular.  

I always wondered too about the timing of the "final curtain call".  I agree that it certainly wasn't meant to be a comeback.  Comeback implies that you plan to continue and it would also imply that you introduce your fans to new material.  Michael announced the concerts as his final performances and with songs his fans want to hear.  No new songs.  No new album released.
Also, it was said that the announcement itself came as a surprise.  No one knew about it until the day before.  The guy who introduced him was asked to do it the day before.  Most fans had no clue that Michael was coming to London.  It all is really strange.

As far as the involvement of the government is concerned, I'm not really sure.  But it seems to me that to pull this gigantic hoax off someone in position of power has to be involved.  If it was done for social, environmental, or political awareness then they probably are. If it's meant to be an ARG then no.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

Offline tinker_bell

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 205
    • Show only replies by tinker_bell
There's another thing about that phrase.. Oh that's gonna be a long post and i apologize in advance for possibly fetching this too far... well here it is :)

"This is the moment" is also a song from 1997 Broadway Musical "Jekyll and Hyde" based on the R.L. Stevenson's novel "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" (1886). The book in principal is a "vivid portrayal of a split personality, split in the sense that within the same person there is both an apparently good and an evil personality each being quite distinct from the other. The novella's impact is such that it has become a part of the language, with the phrase "Jekyll and Hyde" coming to mean a person who is vastly different in moral character from one situation to the next" (from Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Ca ... nd_Mr_Hyde).

Now, why it seems significant to me and therefore i'm taking the risk to waste some of your time on it :)

First of all, The title of the song is appealing (TII trailer), just like its lyrics:

Quote
JEKYLL:
This is the moment!
This is the day,
When I send all my doubts and demons
On their way!

Every endeavor,
I have made - ever -
Is coming into play,
Is here and now - today!

This is the moment,
This is the time,
When the momentum and the moment
Are in rhyme!

Give me this moment -
This precious chance -
I'll gather up my past
And make some sense at last!

This is the moment,
When all I've done -
All the dreaming,
Scheming and screaming,
Become one!


This is the day -
See it sparkle and shine,
When all I've lived for
Becomes mine!

For all these years,
I've faced the world alone,
And now the time has come
To prove to them
I've made it on my own!

This is the moment -
My final test -
Destiny beckoned,
I never reckoned,
Second Best
!

I won't look down,
I must not fall!
This is the moment,
The sweetest moment of them all!

This is the moment!
Damn all the odds!
This day, or never,
I'll sit forever
With the gods!

When I look back,
I will always recall,
Moment for moment,
This was the moment,
The greatest moment
Of them all!

Secondly, the words 'final curtain call' (from the TII press-conference) sounded very theatrical and many people thought those were quite odd for the situation being,

Tirdly, "Jekyll & Hyde personality" is also a well known term in phychology and
Quote
is most often used to designate a two-faced person who alternates between a charming personality and one that is extremely unpleasant.
Michael has undoubtedly an extremely comlex pesonality. I still cannot fully comprehend how he could be so different onstage and in life, so expressive and 'physical' yet so humble and shy, so grand and so modest, so ambitious and so simple, generous and kind. And so many people not being able to embrace this cosmic scale of his genius reduced him to eccentric, wird, even wacko. To say more, I have seen a reference to MJ in a book written about J & H syndrome, they used him as a glaring example of this mental disorder! In no way i second that statement, Michael is one of the most beautiful persons i ever witnessed on this Earth, but he's a human, and we all have our demons, doubts, fears and there are dark corners in every human soul, but dark doesn't neccesserily mean evil... but mysterious! Nobody's perfect, as the snow isn't real white either.

And finally, one of MJ's best and closest friends is a Broadway star and legend! Just to mention :)

Some intresting links on the subject:

http://http://www.jekyll-hyde.com/

Musical official site: It's such a fine line between a good man and a bad.

http://http://www.jekyll-hyde.com/showinfo/synopsis.shtml

Synopsis. If you have some time to look through the scenes you'll probably find the story fascinating just like i did! Here's the list of the song pieces that assemble the first act, which may give you an idea about the direction of the story. I'm notorious for having an overkill imagination but after reading this titles in a row i did see a strange parallel with MJ's past and possibly (and hopefuly) future!

Act I
Lost in the Darkness — Dr. Henry Jekyll
Facade — Ensemble
Jekyll's Plea — Henry Jekyll, Mr. Simon Stride, Sir Danvers Carew and The Board of Governors
Pursue the Truth — Henry Jekyll and Mr. John Utterson
Facade (Reprise 1) — Ensemble
Emma's Reasons — Mr. Simon Stride and Emma Carew
Take Me as I Am — Henry Jekyll and Emma Carew
Letting Go — Sir Danvers Carew and Emma Carew
Facade (Reprise 2) — Ensemble
No One Knows Who I Am — Lucy Harris
Good 'N' Evil — Lucy Harris and Ensemble
Here's to the Night / Jekyll Meets Lucy  - Lucy Harris & Henry Jekyll
Now There is No Choice  - Henry Jekyll
This Is the Moment — Henry Jekyll
First Transformation — Henry Jekyll and Edward Hyde
Alive — Edward Hyde
His Work, And Nothing More — Henry Jekyll, John Utterson, Sir Danvers Carew and Emma Carew
Sympathy, Tenderness — Lucy Harris
Someone Like You — Lucy Harris
Alive (Reprise) — Edward Hyde and Ensemble
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »


~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

Offline nellyka7

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 218
    • Show only replies by nellyka7
i read somewhere that obama is supposedly in on it also.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline OneStepCloser

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 163
    • Show only replies by OneStepCloser
This is it. This is REALLY it.
EVERYWHERE! THERE'S NO ESCAPING!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »



Offline rag doll

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 357
    • Show only replies by rag doll
.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:48:49 AM by rag doll »

Offline steffmaster1

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 968
    • Show only replies by steffmaster1
wow the president in on it sounds pretty awesome dnt ya fink!! :lol: He did mention mj in one interview remember how he said how sad it was and he was greatest entertainer of our time etc Is it not strange for the president to comment on mjs death a singer?? No one expected him to but then he gave this interview bout it i found it a little surprising maybe he is then!! :o   :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline lisap27

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 1100
    • Show only replies by lisap27
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"
i tend to agree with you and also obama didnt really have much to say about the death i think he only addressed it like 4 days after

there's a clip on youtube somewhere about 1.30mins an someone is questioning him why he hasen't made a public statement about MJ!! or why it took so long

something like that.. i'll try to find it!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline karen-ishealive

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 416
    • Show only replies by karen-ishealive
Quote from: "tinker_bell"
The phrase seems very popular... I've recently come across this article and thougt of sharing with you guys:

Quote
Obama Urges House Dems: “This Is It. This Is The Moment.”

In today’s closed-door caucus meeting, President Obama urged House Dems to grasp the magnitude of the historical moment, telling them they were on the cusp of an achievement as momentous as Social Security and Medicare, a House Dem who was there tells me.

“He said, `This is it. This is the moment,’” Dem Rep. Jan Schakowsky said in an interview.

Standing behind a podium as many members snapped pictures on their cell phones, Obama urged members to look beyond self-interested political concerns.

“He asked people who are worried about what’s happening back home to remember why we came to public service,” Schakowsky recounted. “He said, `It is a privilege to be able to do this for the American people.’ He used that word.”

“This is a Medicare moment; this is a Social Security moment,” is how Schakowsky described Obama’s message, adding that he noted that both those programs were greeted by scary language about socialism and the end of capitalism. “But these are the moments people are so proud to have been part of.”

To illustrate the point, Obama singled out Dem Rep. John Dingell, who held the gavel during the passage of Medicare, earning Dingell a standing ovation.

Separately, Sam Stein reports that Obama delved into the politics a bit by pointing out that Republicans would continue to attack Dems no matter which way they voted. Schakowsky adds that he told them Dems are all in this together.

It was only a matter of time before Obama — whose election was itself a world-historical event — stepped in to play the role of historical conscience, and to urge nervous Dems preoccupied by parochial politics and GOP attack lines to think big and bold.

***************************************
Posted by Greg Sargent | 11/07/2009, 02:29 PM EST
http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/presi ... he-moment/

It's not just the choice of words that draw my attention... Ever since i started to think about the whole hoax thing i couldn't help guessing whether American government could be on it. After all, if the issue is as serious as we think it is and is supposed to bring about some very global consequences (ie. the change of ppl's mind and ways of thinking and dealing with the media, nature etc.) i can hardly imagine that it would pass by the authorities. Even in terms of the legal case and investigation many agree that authorities should be on it...

Another thing that's been running through my mind is the timing... why now, why after so many years of silence (non-performing) to announce a comeback which isn't even a real comeback but a 'final curtain call'. Is that the way to do it? And why exactly now... I don't really buy the banckrupsy story neither the one of control and manipulation. Many very close MJ's friends and collaborators kept saying that noone could ever make him do what he didn't want to do. In other words Michael always did what he wanted. So it was HIS decision and the timing was precise as he's always been the master of the moment. So could this time been chosen because the political situation changed dramatically on November 2008 when for the first time in US history an African American President was elected?

Sorry for the messy post, but i'd love to hear what you think of it!



I love your post and I agree with you a million %!!!

I think with Obama taking office this could really work, he wants to change the world the same way MJ does and also MJ's speech in TII about fixing the planet and we need to do it now this adds up for me. I think this is bigger than just the rainforest I think it's everything!! MJ was the first black man to break down all the barriers and Obama is identical in this sense.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
“The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.”

Offline lisap27

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 1100
    • Show only replies by lisap27
Quote from: "lisap27"
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"
i tend to agree with you and also obama didnt really have much to say about the death i think he only addressed it like 4 days after

there's a clip on youtube somewhere about 1.30mins an someone is questioning him why he hasen't made a public statement about MJ!! or why it took so long

something like that.. i'll try to find it!!


here it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yxqpFY ... re=related
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline tinker_bell

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 205
    • Show only replies by tinker_bell
Quote
I love your post and I agree with you a million %!!!

I think with Obama taking office this could really work, he wants to change the world the same way MJ does and also MJ's speech in TII about fixing the planet and we need to do it now this adds up for me. I think this is bigger than just the rainforest I think it's everything!! MJ was the first black man to break down all the barriers and Obama is identical in this sense.


That's exactly how i feel bout it! And i found it very odd that US authorities stayed majorly aside of the whole thing. I also heard Obama made a small comment on MJ passing, but that's about it. No officials at the memorial or burial, no nothing. One of the most prominent citizens died and they seem to be very reluctant to touch upon that subject or to get involved in the investigation. I'm not in the US but from what i can see or hear, it's mostly celebrities, media and fans who comment on what happened. I simply don't get it...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »


~A serious face is not yet an indication of intellect. All stupid things in the world are done with that exact expression. Smile, gentlemen, smile!~  

Offline XspeechlessX

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 666
    • Show only replies by XspeechlessX
Quote from: "nellyka7"
i read somewhere that obama is supposedly in on it also.


Would make sense. Cause if Michael came back and the government didnt know about it... he would be arrsted on spot..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »


"Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He\'s needed here"

 - I never can say goodbye

Offline SPAKKLE29FUL

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 1148
    • Show only replies by SPAKKLE29FUL
Quote from: "lisap27"
Quote from: "lisap27"
Quote from: "SPAKKLE29FUL"
i tend to agree with you and also obama didnt really have much to say about the death i think he only addressed it like 4 days after

there's a clip on youtube somewhere about 1.30mins an someone is questioning him why he hasen't made a public statement about MJ!! or why it took so long

something like that.. i'll try to find it!!


here it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yxqpFY ... re=related
thanks ,but he did not really mention death did he now that is odd to me maybe he said it elsewhere :?:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
23 Replies
1558 Views
Last post February 04, 2010, 02:37:50 PM
by MFFreedom
4 Replies
526 Views
Last post February 12, 2010, 03:57:15 AM
by ILuvUMoreMJ
67 Replies
2953 Views
Last post January 13, 2012, 05:11:00 PM
by VeryLittleSusie
7 Replies
542 Views
Last post May 13, 2010, 03:22:13 AM
by mjsgirl89
1 Replies
51 Views
Last post October 11, 2018, 02:33:03 PM
by trublu