You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Re: Is It Because He's BLACK?
January 05, 2010, 07:19:03 PM
Michael always said "i dont see colour"

I, like him, am colour blind.  I never think of MJ as black or white.. i just think of him as MJ if you know what i mean.  I dont and never have defined people by their colour.

When i see articles like this, i do understand what they are saying and i do understand there is a lot of racism in the World and not everyone thinks like me (or like MJ)
I just dont like putting people in boxes and emphasising MJs race as it attempts to divide his fans and divide people...   :(

I hope i am explaining myself right.  

I believe God gave MJ vitiligo to blur the divide between black and white.. MJ literally became raceless.  I believe that was Gods work even though it caused MJ a lot of pain...  it was part of the plan.  It was his destiny.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 07:21:21 PM
But.. that aside this article is very interesting as it brings up the concept of a conspiracy and about MJ upsetting the establishment WAY before he "died"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 07:40:02 PM
Just need to say....to try and keep ppl from attacking you dancingthedream,I think God may have used his disease for the good. He was raceless in deeds and the way he saw people,and ALL people loved him. I dont think God inflicted him with the disease,as we see it did divide some people for a while and still does,among those who never believed that he had a disease. My best friend is black and has always had a thing against him for "turning against his race". Some peoples minds wont be changed. God always takes our ashes and makes beauty and He always takes our hurts and makes something great,so in that sense,He made a greater good out of the situation.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

January 05, 2010, 07:44:43 PM
If ya thinking about being my baby....doesn't matter if you're black or white
If you're thinking about being my brother..it doesn't matter if you're black or white

I think that about sums it up, how about you?  Didn't matter who or what.  What a MAN!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Lorrie

January 05, 2010, 08:19:35 PM
I remember reading that article a while back, so thanks for the link to refresh my memory, hesouttamylife. The article is so spot-on on so many points. Still, I'm going to be prudent and not get into a prolonged discussion about this sensitive issue because I know from personal experience how quickly the topic can veer off track in ugly ways when you're among virtual strangers.

It's easy to understand why some people perceive Michael as color-blind and a uniter of races due to his vitiligo and loving mindset. However, Michael has never been race-less. He has always been black, as well as very proud of his heritage and openly vocal about his identity as a black man.

He also DOES see color and always has. But like many people of color in high places and places where they traditionally aren't found, he knows when color is relevant and when it isn't. He's not stupid or blind in the least, but if he didn't realize that being black matters a great deal when it come to a person of his stature, he would be stupid and blind. The world has come a long way since the days of slavery, but there's still a long way to go. Michael knows that, too.

So, yes, the unfairness and torture Michael has endured at the hands of the media, various business associates, and assorted haters has a whole lot to do with him being black, more than some people will ever realize or accept, although that article does a great job making some very valid points about the issue.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 08:23:10 PM
You are right Lorrie. He did talk about it ALOT...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

January 05, 2010, 08:54:08 PM
@Lorrie: I agree with your post 100%.  Thank you for expressing your thoughts so eloquently and respectfully.

A sad reality, but there is much truth to this article.  I wonder how much the society at large "gets" and understands this.  IMO, I think you'd have to be pretty naive to not understand it had almost everything to do with race when it comes down to it.  The reality is, even in our multicultural and politically-correct world, prejudice, racism, and bigotry still remain.  (And many times people are often unaware of their thoughts and actions that reflect this.)  Michael's world was not exempt from this, no matter how talented and famous he was.  

Coincidentally during this investigation while I was watching some Youtube videos  and reading comments on articles, I have read horrid and inhumane comments from extremely racist, ignorant people.  I have actually broke down in tears reading certain comments, appalled by the downright hatred in people's hearts.  Then it hits me that it doesn't help to have hateful feelings in my heart towards them, and more than anything, these people need love in their lives, and someone to pray for them to soften their hearts.  I do believe that love and prayer can perform miracles, can change lives, and ultimately, the world. Love is healing. And the world needs a lot of that right now...
Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:54:00 PM by kingofmystery
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

January 05, 2010, 09:28:50 PM
@Lorrie-i DEFINITELY all the way agree a 100%.woah you are spot on once again. :mrgreen: i was thinking of ways to explain this but i just couldn't find the way.TY.i understand exactly what you mean.
like people often get this weird misconception about the effects of his skin color changing.skin color isn't everything to race.just because your skin turns white doesn't mean that YOU ARE white nor does it make you raceless.still people don't get it.
him getting changed by vitiligo has caused more problems towards him and confusion.look at all the crap he has gotten from it:people accuse him of "hating his race",say that he is weird and freaky looking without EVEN TAKING TIME to ACTUALLY look at his pictures or he "bleached his skin".Trust me,its kind of hard to consider vitiligo a 'uniting' thing if all this is going on.
it's not necessarily about be colorblind per se,its about embracing the colors but color shouldn't be a big deal at the same time just to cause negativity.things are still way too complicated to just brush off race like its nothing.unfortunately it is still an issue.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DEBACLE

January 05, 2010, 11:41:06 PM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

I believe God gave MJ vitiligo to blur the divide between black and white.. MJ literally became raceless.  I believe that was Gods work even though it caused MJ a lot of pain...  it was part of the plan.  It was his destiny.
:o

So you think God stripped him of his identity AND caused him pain?????? plan for what?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lorrie

January 05, 2010, 11:42:39 PM
Thanks, neverlandprincess, kingofmystery, Mercurial, and everyone else who has commented on or read this very important (at least to me) thread.

I avoid these kinds of discussions most of the time because race is still such a sensitive, touchy issue for so many individuals. I wish it weren't that way, but we can thank people like Michael for helping a great deal to bring others closer together.

As always, I just wish Michael had more people like us around him to make his life easier to deal with during his more difficult times. I really hope he or even his family members read threads like this on various websites so they know we understand, and at least there's still a chance we can be there for him in the future.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lorrie

January 05, 2010, 11:45:43 PM
Quote from: "misha86"
So you think God stripped him of his identity AND caused him pain?????? plan for what?
misha86, I don't think that comment was meant in the negative way it comes across to some people. I would cut DancingTheDream some slack in this case and let it go. But the choice is yours, of course.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 12:17:38 AM
I just want to know what the plan was....lol I mean in the 70s and most the 80s he still was black in his skin tone and still brung millions together so I'm lost on that 1? Lol

And by the way no matter what color he was he always was and always will be a black man and trust me he knew he was black even when he "wasn't" black in skin tone. America always reminds that your black..ask tiger woods..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 06, 2010, 01:16:06 AM
Michael always said "i dont see colour"

I, like him, am colour blind.  I never think of MJ as black or white.. i just think of him as MJ if you know what i mean.  I dont and never have defined people by their colour.

When i see articles like this, i do understand what they are saying and i do understand there is a lot of racism in the World and not everyone thinks like me (or like MJ)
I just dont like putting people in boxes and emphasising MJs race as it attempts to divide his fans and divide people...   :(

I hope i am explaining myself right.  

Yes, for the most part, Michael was color blind. You did not have to be a certain color for Michael to love you. Yet, Michael stated MANY times that he was proud to be a black man. And he also stated that he felt the reason why he recieved so much crap from the media was because he was black. He stated it right in the rabbi's interview. Michael may have not define himself but his color, but Michael was not ashame of it either. He wore his color proudly, because while it did not define him, it was a part of who he is. And just because you don't want to bring up the issue of race in fear that it will divide his fans, well, I got two things for you: One, it does not change the fact that most of the crap that Michael recieved was because he was black, and for anyone not to accept it or at least entertain that thought means that you are not willing to understand Michael. Two: you belong to a hoax site, an issue that has already divided MANY MJ fans, so why worry about division now?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLover1990

January 06, 2010, 07:01:13 AM
I am color blind too, I don't see color in people we are all people no matter what our color is! I always say even if Michael is black, white, yellow, purple, green or whatever color you can name I love him no matter what it is not about what color he is it is about who he is and I love him in all his glory!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions