Re: Is It Because He's BLACK?
January 06, 2010, 06:00:52 PM
For real ....Dancing the Dream was meaning no offense,and I also made a statement that was close to hers but not quite. I dont think God cursed Michael with vitiligo,I also think he brought people together before his skin was lighter...however he took alot of crap from alot of closeminded people-on both sides of the racial fence-for his skin changing. To this day people think he got his skin bleached and didnt like who he was...ignorance and arrogance. People got mad because he married two white women and has light children. No he may not be the first or the last to put up with it...but to say he didnt make people think differantly(being the most famous black entertainer of ALL time and having the most diverse group of fans of any entertainer ever) is a little off center as well.
  This topic as nothing to do with hoax and I moderate another forum where this article has been posted and there has been no argument.
 Please calm down. This is a sensitive issue.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

January 06, 2010, 10:20:17 PM
Quote from: "kingofmystery"
@Lorrie: I agree with your post 100%. Thank you for expressing your thoughts so eloquently and respectfully.

A sad reality, but there is much truth to this article. I wonder how much the society at large "gets" and understands this. IMO, I think you'd have to be pretty naive to not understand it had almost everything to do with race when it comes down to it. The reality is, even in our multicultural and politically-correct world, prejudice, racism, and bigotry still remain. (And many times people are often unaware of their thoughts and actions that reflect this.) Michael's world was not exempt from this, no matter how talented and famous he was.

Coincidentally during this investigation while I was watching some Youtube videos and reading comments on articles, I have read horrid and inhumane comments from extremely racist, ignorant people. I have actually broke down in tears reading certain comments, appalled by the downright hatred in people's hearts. Then it hits me that it doesn't help to have hateful feelings in my heart towards them, and more than anything, these people need love in their lives, and someone to pray for them to soften their hearts. I do believe that love and prayer can perform miracles, can change lives, and ultimately, the world. Love is healing. And the world needs a lot of that right now...

Lorrie, Your response was bang on the money.  Thank you for sharing your insightful comments.  
I agree 100%.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Datroot

January 07, 2010, 02:37:39 AM
It is a sensitive issue - however white people get Vitiligo too - my sister-in-law has it and a previous yoga teacher has it really bad.  Its not restricted to black people but obviously it affects black people more.  What I find hard to understand is why people doubted he had the disease in the first place.  Just because he's MJ doesn't mean he's immune.   People doubting him, must have hurt more than the disease itself.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

Sangre

January 07, 2010, 08:36:33 AM
I think it has more to do with money and jealousy, than racism. Nowadays most of the young mainstream (pop, r&b etc) artists are black - Akon, Snoop Dog, Beyonce, Kanye West, Chris Brown etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

January 07, 2010, 11:29:09 PM
Quote from: "BlessHisHeart"
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Michael always said "i dont see colour"

I believe God gave MJ vitiligo to blur the divide between black and white.. MJ literally became raceless.  I believe that was Gods work even though it caused MJ a lot of pain...  it was part of the plan.  It was his destiny.

I think the SAME thing! It was like, the Vitiligo made him become colorless (literally and figuratively and  raceless, therefore touching the lives of so many around the world as a general human being....i think it's a divine symbolic blessing...
huh? :shock:
hmm last time i checked,white is considered a color by MANY people and hey,his skin was turned white. :| it doesn't seem too 'general' either.I seriously don't understand how losing your skin pigment would 'touch/unite people'.

Care to explain in depth?please  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DEBACLE

January 08, 2010, 07:34:39 PM
Quote from: "Sangre"
I think it has more to do with money and jealousy, than racism. Nowadays most of the young mainstream (pop, r&b etc) artists are black - Akon, Snoop Dog, Beyonce, Kanye West, Chris Brown etc.
The popularity does not mean there is no racism involved. Just so you know, NONE of the artists you mention are in any state of power where is threating.
Owing your own fashion line? No problem. Starting a rap record label? Sure.
But when you own HALF of Sony, two record labels, marrying the KING's(Elvis) daughter, well, that is crossing the line to many. There is something more powerful than money: POWER. And you really don't need lots of money to obtain it. Although it certainly does not help. I think a few people were piss that behind the typical singing and dancing black man, there was a genuis behind that. And it threaten their egos when this singing and dancing black man was WAY smarter and more powerful than ever WISH to be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2010, 08:37:47 PM
Quote from: "rosemariaantigone"
Quote from: "Sangre"
The popularity does not mean there is no racism involved. Just so you know, NONE of the artists you mention are in any state of power where is threating.
Owing your own fashion line? No problem. Starting a rap record label? Sure.
But when you own HALF of Sony, two record labels, marrying the KING's(Elvis) daughter, well, that is crossing the line to many. There is something more powerful than money: POWER. And you really don't need lots of money to obtain it. Although it certainly does not help. I think a few people were piss that behind the typical singing and dancing black man, there was a genuis behind that. And it threaten their egos when this singing and dancing black man was WAY smarter and more powerful than ever WISH to be.
i agree..and dont forget about the beetles catalog..elvis and the beetles are untouchable to alot of people...a black man with money and entertaining is a WHOLE lot different than a black man with power, especially over a company like sony
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2010, 08:46:27 PM
Paul McCartney doesnt seem to care too much.. neither Yoko Ono.   :D

I think that one is hyped up by the tabloids to try and create some drama where there is none.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2010, 09:02:06 PM

I think that one is hyped up by the tabloids to try and create some drama where there is none.
your right they dont care, but alot of people think mike was " out of his place" for owning those songs
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 08, 2010, 10:06:06 PM

Paul McCartney did care, actually. It is the main reason that Paul and Michael stopped being friends. Ever since then, Paul has been real awful. He even hoped that Michael would be found gulity in 2005 trials, just because of what Michael did over 20 years ago. I can't stand Paul. John Lennon was the real talent of that group anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

January 09, 2010, 03:58:30 AM
Quote from: "rosemariaantigone"

Paul McCartney did care, actually. It is the main reason that Paul and Michael stopped being friends. Ever since then, Paul has been real awful. He even hoped that Michael would be found gulity in 2005 trials, just because of what Michael did over 20 years ago. I can't stand Paul. John Lennon was the real talent of that group anyway.

I know that Paul was annoyed that MJ bought him out but I didn't know he hoped MJ would be found guilty - do you have any proof he actually said that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

January 09, 2010, 07:21:59 AM
Michael always said "i dont see colour"

I believe God gave MJ vitiligo to blur the divide between black and white.. MJ literally became raceless.  I believe that was Gods work even though it caused MJ a lot of pain...  it was part of the plan.  It was his destiny.

Michael probably meant: he sees persons as his fellow human beings and he does not focus on the color of their skin. Hence: "i don't see color".

God, for whoever anyone likes to assume he/she is, does not hand out any ailments nor illnesses etc. for whatever reason to anyone. That would frighten all that believe in God and have ill loved ones. Fear is the opposite of the two fundamental emotions: fear and love. How can any religious person LOVE who he/she FEARS?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions