Dead or alive...?
January 06, 2010, 02:26:19 AM
Let me start off by saying I wasn't sure where to post this, and I sincerely apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

I was just watching this dvd biography on Michael, and I just took a second to really think about it.
If he is in fact alive (which I believe he is), I do not think he will come back.
I have a couple of reasons for this.

1. Watching this dvd, and seeing everyones reaction to his death, and how the world stood still.. I think it would severely damage his image. We all know his image was not in a good place to begin with, so I think if he were to 'come back' it would be a disaster. Sure, he would go down in the books for pulling it off, but would he risk losing many fans? I really believe him when he says he loves us and all our support - I don't think he'd want to risk that.

2. If he were to come back, what would he do? Would he tour? Would he put out a new cd? If he did, I think there would be more chance of them 'flopping' then being huge. Yes, the tour would sell out, and yes albums would be sold, but they wouldn't touch his previous record sales (at least I'd be surprised if they did).

I love Michael as much as the rest of you do, and I hate when people speak ill of him in any way, but I'm trying to look at this from an objective point of view.
Because of how tarnished his image is, if he were to release a new album let's say, it could be the greatest record ever made, but it would not get the credit. People would be itching to find things 'wrong' with it, just to burry him like the press always did. Take the Invincible album for example, the record sales were dismal in comparison to his earlier work, and personally, I found it to be one of my favorite albums.

If he were to come back and not do anything musically, that would be even worse. If he were to do this, I think people would be appalled that he'd do that to fans worldwide, and not provide anything in return. Though his presence of being alive would be greatly enough for us true fans, those who do not obsess like we do, will lose their admiration of him. I truly believe that - as much as I don't want to.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can\'t be still, you thrill me.
Baby, be mine.

lilith

Re: Dead or alive...?
January 06, 2010, 03:25:05 PM
You are surely right. My first thought was like yours. It surely is a huge risk.

But then I thought that it must be a big plan with many, many, many - even public authorities involved. Something serious is going on and then there must be a very good explanation for it. Given that he is indeed alive, (which no one here really knows, but we all hope he is) then he could not have managed the whole thing by his own. If he is alive, then it is something like the witness protection program. He is working with police or whomever or he is in great danger. I think then people might understand, that he had to cooperate.

No way is this solely to stage a huge comeback. If it was only a publicity stunt, why wouldn't public authorities tell the world that there is no Michael Jackson dead in their county or whatever?

If Michael is alive, I believe that he will return, because for example that is what he says at the end of "This Is It". In general there wouldn't be that many hints left for us to find. If he hoaxed his death to never return to the public, there would not be one single hint, I am sure. He would not want anyone to know, he would have done everything to have peace then.

And no, I don't claim to look into Michael's head, I just count one and one together and logic tells me two. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mmz

January 06, 2010, 04:15:12 PM
..mmmhhh..I think a comeback would be possible if what Blackor white is legit. (see the thread)
Just that theory would allow Michael to comeback,and would make a sense.
Otherwise..I see it hard...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

January 06, 2010, 04:20:22 PM
It could be some sort reawakening,I don't know, like 9/11 (although it was in a negative sense)??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions