Joby Rogers
January 07, 2010, 11:53:24 PM
Hi - I ran across another impersonator.  His name is Joby Rogers. I haven't seen his name mentioned and thought it was worth mentioning.  I, personally, think there are a couple of impersonators that are as good or better but that's my opinion only.  The information below was taken  off of his Facebook page.  He can also be found on youtube.  Thanks.

Joby Rogers - Official Impersonator of Michael Jackson wroteon November 16, 2009 at 12:02am
Joby is without a doubt the best Michael Jackson impersonator in the world today. Joby has perhaps revolutionized tribute acts as a whole, by bringing his show to a new level of excellence.

Joby was influenced by Michael, and had a gift that he worked hard at perfecting -- that is to entertain in the same light, and with the same passion as Michael. It was his natural abilities and his drive for perfection that causes Joby's name to go down in the history books.

There are hundreds and hundreds of Michael Jackson impersonators; however, there is perhaps a very elite group of them which consists of about 10 individuals around the globe. Among all these impersonators in the entire world, Michael Jackson hand chose Joby Rogers as his OFFICIAL double. This is something Michael never did before or after.

So make no mistake about it -- Joby is the best Michael Jackson performer in the world today. Joby has been on several popular talk shows across the globe, and was even on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. Joby began becoming a celebrity under his own name.

It was partially because of Joby's success which drove hundreds and possibly even thousands of people across the world to become MJ tribute artists.. even if for a short period of time.

Joby is the best, and he is second only to Michael Jackson himself, may he rest in peace.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Re: Joby Rogers
January 08, 2010, 05:05:35 AM
FaceBook
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

My blog: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Re: Joby Rogers
January 30, 2010, 09:06:06 PM
This was also taken off of the facebook page.  I find it very fascinating that Michael had official doubles.  I know there are impersonators, but doubles? Before MJ's "death" I never considered that Michael himself used these doubles/impersonators. If you take a close look there is none that really compare to Michael but most of us in passing don't think that the person we are looking at isn't Michael. Hmm...Michael is sure full of mystery.

Joby Rogers - Official Impersonator of Michael Jackson wrote on November 15, 2009 at 9:22pm
Joby Rogers is the ONLY impersonator selected by Michael Jackson to serve as an OFFICIAL double. Michael based it on: appearance, mannerisms, voice, and of course, dance.

Michael viewed more than 100 impersonators, and Joby Rogers ranked #1 in the entire world. The MJ impersonators are an elite group of individuals who work very hard at what they do. To be chosen as #1 in the world is a very prestigious honor, and Joby was very shocked and flattered to receive the award.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... 1109697416
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012