Re: Dr. Phil Show - 9 year old girl "obsessed"
January 09, 2010, 09:53:58 PM
^^I hate when peeps say "You're not letting so & so be in peace"....what does my mode of remembrance of that person have anything to do with their spirit not living peacefully....makes no sense...PLUS what's wrong with being obsessed w/ MJ??? I mean, she had to take the girl on national television???...it's not that serious, mom....
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yaya

January 09, 2010, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: "q0txciityl0ve"
that's hilarious.

i've been in love with Michael since i was 4. i'm 19 now.

My mom told me that i'm not "letting Michael die in peace" from all the music & tv specials i put of him.

me too, since i was like 4 or 5! i'm 26 now...my mom always known that i think he is THE best. then when he "died", i very subtly hinted that i thought he was still alive. later on, she was sweet about it, but she was like, "nooo...i think he is dead..." so i just let that discussion go  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 09, 2010, 10:59:19 PM
Quote from: "yaya"
Quote from: "q0txciityl0ve"
that's hilarious.

i've been in love with Michael since i was 4. i'm 19 now.

My mom told me that i'm not "letting Michael die in peace" from all the music & tv specials i put of him.

me too, since i was like 4 or 5! i'm 26 now...my mom always known that i think he is THE best. then when he "died", i very subtly hinted that i thought he was still alive. later on, she was sweet about it, but she was like, "nooo...i think he is dead..." so i just let that discussion go  :lol:

before TII, i told my mom i thought he was alive. she had doubts. when she saw TII, she whispered to me "he can't be dead after this..." i was like YESS! until my dad convinced her he can't be alive because he has the LAPD & all those official authorities involved so it'd be illegal. my mom's initial reason for Michael faking his death was to bring profit to the Cali state after all those forest fires & such.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sangre

January 10, 2010, 02:23:06 AM
He probably said Michael is dead to convince the girl that she has to accept it. You know, to prevent her from getting really obsessed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

MJLover1990

January 10, 2010, 07:15:06 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
That mum has a problem herself definitely and Dr. Phil should mind his own business :lol:

Have you watched it? It really wasn't that bad I didn't think. I think the mom was just concerned because her daughter had no idea who michael was until he "died", and then became obsessed almost overnight, lol. Michael has that effect on people! But I think she was just concerned that it was taking up too much of her time and she was never thinking or talking about anything else. While I consider myself obsessed too, I am still able to live the other areas of my life, you know?

And I thought Dr. Phil handled it pretty well. He told her that her daughter didn't have a problem and that it was normal to get so infatuated with people who are that talented and musically influencial. He advised to her to just make sure her daughter knows that Michael was (is) also a human being and father, so that she understood what it meant to be a celebrity and didn't get carried away.

I agree that Dr. Phil tends to act like he knows it all. But I was pleasantly surprised with the way he handled it, without trying to portray Michael negatively like most everyone else.

Watch it if you can find it. I think it was just adorable how much this little girl loved Michael. And very touching that a 9 year old girl could TODAY fall just as in love with him as we al did when we were kids. His music and legacy truly is and will continue to be passed down from generation to generation.  :)

L.O.V.E
JaCi

No I didn't watched it because they didn't showed it on TV here in The Netherlands but I'll try to watch it onine when I have the time, but I know he wasn't making Michael look bad thank god but the thing is I find it weird that a mum goes to Dr. Phil only because her daughter is obsessed with Michael I mean what is so bad about that :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 10, 2010, 09:28:37 PM
I love the comment that Dr. Phil knows nothing.  I think that nine-year old has great taste.  I have loved MJ since I was eleven.  I am a grown-up woman, and I am still obessed with MJ! LOL :lol:  I play his videos and his music everyday! :D  I cannot made it through a day without MJ! :D  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

January 11, 2010, 02:44:27 AM
I would rather my daughter growing up and being obsessed with MJ then the other artist out there today that many youngins tend to cling to  :lol:  :lol:  If she is obsessed that badly maybe she will start doing the things Michael did, My mom asked why i was so obsessed and all i said was he inspires me to be a better person and she said good enough for me bahahah so if i was that girls mother i would be like YAY!!! Hopefully she sticks with MJ and learns all the things he has done in the world so she will expand her knowledge besides just his music but what he did with all the money he earned  :D  :D  I would be such a proud momma if i were that lady bahahahaha...Maybe thats why she went to Dr. Phil so she can show her daughter off  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 09:14:43 AM
Quote from: "i_need YoU"
I would rather my daughter growing up and being obsessed with MJ then the other artist out there today that many youngins tend to cling to  :lol:  :lol:  If she is obsessed that badly maybe she will start doing the things Michael did, My mom asked why i was so obsessed and all i said was he inspires me to be a better person and she said good enough for me bahahah so if i was that girls mother i would be like YAY!!! Hopefully she sticks with MJ and learns all the things he has done in the world so she will expand her knowledge besides just his music but what he did with all the money he earned  :D  :D  I would be such a proud momma if i were that lady bahahahaha...Maybe thats why she went to Dr. Phil so she can show her daughter off  :D

Agreed! When I was young my mom thought it was great because MJ is the one who inspired me to sing and dance. I am now a singer (semi-pro, obviously not famous for it LOL but I do get paid to sing which is just amazing to get paid to do something you love), anyway, when the FALSE charges against MJ were going on I think my own family worried about his influence on me. But since then, I have them all convinced (excluding my grandpa, he's a stubborn old man haha!) that he was in fact innocent and just misrepresented and misunderstood by the media.

But I do feel like there have been a lot of instances in the media after the "death" that have been in attempt to restore his image. In another topic on this forum people are talking about how there seems to be an agenda that must be accomplished before he will return. Maybe Dr. Phil's show was apart of that, maybe not. Like I said before, if it does have anything to do with it Dr. Phil isn't "in on it". Don't want anyone thinking that I am suggesting that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login