Dave Dave in "The Bold and the Beautyful"
January 11, 2010, 12:34:36 PM
There has been an American Serial on TV with Dave Dave in 1997.
Referring to:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And there has been a video of this scene on youtube named "taylor at the hospital after the house fire".
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I´ve watched it several times looking for any evidence of MJ beeing Dave Dave. Now (since weekend) this video has been removed.
It has also been removed from this site: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (which may have been only a link to youtube?)

So my question is:
Is there anyone on this forum who has a copy of this video and who can provide it on youtube again, maybe with another title?

This would be VERRRY helpful!
Thank you! :)
Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:50:01 PM by friendlikeme81
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

je

Re: Dave Dave in "The Bold and the Beautyful"
January 25, 2010, 10:46:13 AM
i had no luck in finding the video.
i have seen the video several times as well and i believe the person (DD) who
played the burn victim  was not the same (DD) on myspace...
i had screenshots of the character but deleted them.. i tried to recover the photos
but to no avail.. i do have one  but it is not as clear as the ones i had.
will look for it and post later
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 28, 2010, 11:58:02 AM
@je. This would be nice!

This is the article from my first post. The bold scentences I find quite odd.

----
Tothenburg is a survivor, not a victim
Photo By Jennifer Bowles Associated Press television writer
If you've ever wondered if the eyes are the windows to the soul, you need only take one look at David Rothenberg.
Behind his brown oval glasses, his hazel eyes dance when he laughs at his own jokes and twinkle when he talks about his dreams of becoming a movie director.

In 1983, Mr. Rothenberg, then 6, was at the center of a custody battle when his father took him to a motel across the street from Disneyland, splashed kerosene over his body and set him ablaze. Only his eyes were spared from the flames.
Authorities said Charles Rothenberg tried to kill the boy because he feared being permanently separated from him by his ex-wife.
The "incident," as David Rothenberg now refers to it, permanently disfigured his now lanky body. The fire and a series of reconstructive surgeries left him bald, without fingers above his knuckles and with crinkled scar tissue for skin.
To cover some of his facial scarring, he blots on foundation makeup and lines his contorted mouth with lipstick. On this day, he's wearing a gray bowler hat to cover his head.
It would be understandable if David Rothenberg showed signs of self-pity. But any such signs are hard to find. The way he sees it, he's a survivor, not a victim.
"Everybody always stresses on the incident," he says. "As far as I'm concerned, it never happened because I'm fine now. I function as a normal human being. I do all the things that everybody else does."
His ordeal helped him, though, when he entered the world of glamour and high fashion on the soap opera "The Bold and The Beautiful."
Monday and Tuesday, he appears on the CBS soap as Justin, a volunteer who gives a motivational speech to Taylor Hayes (Hunter Tylo), a psychiatrist badly burned in a house fire.
The acting gig came about after he met actress Lauralee Bell on a local morning news show. Ms. Bell, who appears on "The Young and the Restless," was impressed by his positive energy and suggested to her brother Bradley Bell, executive producer of "The Bold and the Beautiful," that he fit perfectly with that soap's storyline.
"It was fun, really fun," Mr. Rothenberg says of the role. "I think acting is a good way for me to learn how to direct people better."
But in this case, life does not imitate art.
"I've only visited someone in the hospital once, and I'm not going to do it again because it's depressing," he says, sitting in the living room of his manager's San Fernando Valley home. "It's just so depressing."
Now 20, Mr. Rothenberg refers to himself only as Dave. He lives on his own in a Studio City apartment, has "several" girlfriends and is doing his best to put the past behind him.
One step in that process was confronting his father in a jailhouse visit last summer for the first time since the fire. Dave told him he couldn't forgive him.
The visit, which also will be his last, "was a major stepping stone for me. I think that helped me in getting on with my career and my life," he says. "Obviously, I've been getting on with things for a long time, but that was the beginning of the end."
Soon after, he legally changed his name to just Dave, he says, whipping out his brown leather wallet to proudly display his California driver's license.
"I changed my name twice already," he explains, referring to his earlier stint as David Jordan Robinson. "I was going through an identity crisis and then I realized that I'm just Dave," he says with a laugh, adding "nobody else."
In his spare time, Dave paints abstract art, writes screenplays and directs music videos. He directed one for country singer Kellie Lidell and is scheduled to do another for rocker Lita Ford this spring.
He also has submitted an application to study film at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena this fall.
"I'm all about expression and that's why I chose directing, acting, painting, because all that stuff is such a great way to express myself," he says.
"I've experienced a lot in life. I have a lot of things to show people and a lot of stories to tell."
----
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

je

January 28, 2010, 03:51:54 PM
here are the photos i spoke about...some are blurry
Dave on myspace body build is heavier/thicker than that
of the person that was on Bold n Beautiful...

Dave myspace...

Dave Bold/Beautiful

body comparison...i also got this collage from my windows photo gallery..but it is
blurry

here is a screenshot of Dave on Bold n Beautiful and Leeza

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

je

January 28, 2010, 04:41:46 PM
@friendlikeme81, i just found the video on youtube..

the name of the video is...2494 1
start video at 3:50
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 29, 2010, 02:30:08 PM
Dear je, I appreciate your post soooo much!! And thanks for sharing the link to youtube (ZDF - Are you German?).

The pictures you made for comparison remind me of my own work back in november. I was always clicking between In the Closet, Beat it (MJ rising  up from bed) and several pictures I had. But I was discouraged by people of the old forum telling me that this is never ever MJ in disguise.

I also looked at the shape of his arms, of his shoulders, his chest and the tension of his body. It´s clear for me that this Dave can´t be the one from myspace. It simply doesn´t fit!

So what was your conclusion? Did you ever work on this toppic again?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

je

January 30, 2010, 01:13:54 AM
no i am not German...american
i don't post a lot but i read as many threads as i can when
time permits. As for DD on B/B and myspace i believe that
it is 2 different people. DD/Leeza and DD/Bold n Beautiful
look like the same person (MJ)..The eyes stand out.. DD/myspace
are hazel (bright eyes).
when i watched DD/LKL that's when i believed in hoax 100%..
now the question is why...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 22, 2010, 03:37:58 PM
It took me quite a long time to think about the reason.  ;)

Of course the hospital scene was an occassion to spread Daves/Michaels message about how the world changes when you start with yourself (as an advice for Taylor).  

But maybe the tv series was not the main project.
The main project might have been Dave Daves appearance at Leeza's show, because there he could speak about his friend Michael who "almost went through the same things he went through". And Michael in disguise as Dave Dave needed a reason for showing up on Leeza's. For preparing the hoax, Michael would have made sure the media are familiar with his new appearance and voice.

If the real David Rothenburg would have done "The bold and the beautyful" and Michael as DaveDave would have done the Leezas interview, people would have recognized it. Both of them are too different. Think about the situation today: Even if DaveDave's myspace vid is distorted, we recognize immediately that they are not the same person. This would have happened in the 90's, too, even without youtube and myspace.

To me this makes sense, maybe to others too?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

After having seen the pic in the Sun article today, I decided to do a new side by side post for comparison. So what do you think, are they the same person??
[attachment=0:1nksxsjf]comparison hospital pics.jpg[/attachment:1nksxsjf]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

Tina K.

Quote from: "friendlikeme81"
After having seen the pic in the Sun article today, I decided to do a new side by side post for comparison. So what do you think, are they the same person??
[attachment=0:11j6wtgd]comparison hospital pics.jpg[/attachment:11j6wtgd]

How many years between the pics ? he could have had some surgeries..... but it dont look like the same person to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael I love you allways.

Quote from: "Tina K."
[attachment=1:2zyra86l]comparison hospital pics.jpg[/attachment:2zyra86l]

How many years between the pics ? he could have had some surgeries..... but it dont look like the same person to me.

See their clothes, the pictures are shot around the same time. The left one is from the hospital series (screenshot), the right one is from a photo shoot promoting the series, both from 1997.

additional pictures[attachment=0:2zyra86l]Dave Dave hospital closeups.jpg[/attachment:2zyra86l]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

Tina K.

[attachment=0:1xw758pn]comparison hospital pics.jpg[/attachment:1xw758pn]

See their clothes, the pictures are shot around the same time. The left one is from the hospital series (screenshot), the right one is from a photo shoot promoting the series, both from 1997.

ok, weird....I mean, it dont look like the same person, but do you think that Michael sometimes disquised himself as DD, allready back then ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael I love you allways.

[attachment=0:2yonxkjr]comparison hospital pics.jpg[/attachment:2yonxkjr]

ok, weird....I mean, it dont look like the same person, but do you think that Michael sometimes disquised himself as DD, allready back then ?

yep. I do. I think David Rothenburg and Michael collaborated even at that time, Michael doing the series and Leeza's interview, Dave doing the closeup photo shoots. So both, the real picture and the diguise, could merge.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

another strange pic, what's up with the neck?
[attachment=0:ux3d3kl4]dave in hospital strange side view.jpg[/attachment:ux3d3kl4]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Immortality's my game

friendlikeme81, Thanks for the pictures. It would be decisive if we could see Dave Dave's hands. The pictures seem to conveniently cut off just at the crucial point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions