julietTopic starter

BROOKE SHIELDS
January 11, 2010, 06:13:33 PM
Some news for today Brooke Shields Breaks Her Silence You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: BROOKE SHIELDS
January 11, 2010, 06:15:16 PM
“They had written me something,” Brooke said. " I didn’t… I wrote my own thing and just had to do my own thing. But it was… I felt honored to be a part of it.”

....what? Why would they write her a speech?
Or am I misreading it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

January 11, 2010, 06:19:22 PM
It does seem strange for someone to read off a note written by someone else at an event like this. It's so personal.

The part about her thinking Michael was going to jump out and start performing when she saw the coffin was an interesting tidbit too!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without”-Confucius [youtube]http]

hope

January 11, 2010, 06:25:51 PM
I just dont understand the lack of devestation from these people that were in his life. It completely blows my mind that we haventseen 1 person break down during interviews. :?   if he is really dead, how heartless can these people be? I know it has been almost 7mths, but none of them have EVER acted extremely sad...or have I just missed it? :?  :?  :?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 06:39:21 PM
Quote from: "hope"
I just dont understand the lack of devestation from these people that were in his life. It completely blows my mind that we haventseen 1 person break down during interviews. :?   if he is really dead, how heartless can these people be? I know it has been almost 7mths, but none of them have EVER acted extremely sad...or have I just missed it? :?  :?  :?  :?

Absolutely right. I think, only Stevie Wonder broke down during a performance of "Way Yo Make Me Feel".

“There must have been many times where you wanted to pick up the phone and call him and say, ‘Can I help you? As a friend, can I come see you? Do you need someone to talk to?’” Billy asked.

“I did that, you know, 20 years ago,” Brooke said. “I mean… the rhetoric didn’t change, you know, I did that way back when, but anyway, I did my best.”
Ooooh, yeah - she did her best... I see... What are friends for, you know?!  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 08:03:49 PM
If this was a real memorial, I'm sure Brooke Shields would be more than capable of writing her own speech. Maybe she spoke her own words after all. Who knows. I like to think it was a work of fiction and the application of artificial tear ointment or failing that an onion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 08:10:02 PM
It just dawned on me.
It was written FOR her?

A SCRIPT written for an ACTRESS?
What are the odds?  :lol:  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

January 11, 2010, 09:19:58 PM
Yeah I was wondering why she was even chosen to speak at his memorial.  Her speech sound fake to me and not sincere.  Seem like she was just putting on an act for the cameras especially when she was talking about the little prince story.  I was like please you haven't even spoken to him in years.  Last time I saw her with him was back in the early 90's at the grammys.  I think Brooke used Michael back in the day because it made her look even better to have the king of pop on her arm.  I think once he fell from grace she dropped him like a bad habit.  I think a lot of his celebrity friends dissed him when he wasn't hot no more which is messed up.  If you are a real friend you stick with them through thick and thin.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 09:59:07 PM
Quote from: "msteetee34"
Yeah I was wondering why she was even chosen to speak at his memorial.  Her speech sound fake to me and not sincere.  Seem like she was just putting on an act for the cameras especially when she was talking about the little prince story.  I was like please you haven't even spoken to him in years.  Last time I saw her with him was back in the early 90's at the grammys.  I think Brooke used Michael back in the day because it made her look even better to have the king of pop on her arm.  I think once he fell from grace she dropped him like a bad habit.  I think a lot of his celebrity friends dissed him when he wasn't hot no more which is messed up.  If you are a real friend you stick with them through thick and thin.
you said it , she shouldnt have been chosen shes probably the one who knows the least about this man she spent like what a few times with him in the thriller era and that was it, and that girl above is right i didnt see anyone really devistated , id think liz taylor being his closest friend would have been more upset them you have culkin taking a cigarette break like cmon he is supposedly your best friend and your taking a cigaerette break at his funeral gosh .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
*Falling in love with someone isn\'t always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It\'s when you want to be together despite it all. That\'s when you truly love another. I\'m sure of it.- Michael Jackson*[/b]

January 11, 2010, 10:16:59 PM
Quote from: "hope"

I was talking about this with my sister yesterday...how come nobody broke down...for TII,all the poeple that were supposed to be part of the greatest comeback ever :shock: and you see Kenny O,Orianthi,the dancers etc..I mean shouldn't this be devastating to say the least...A chance to be part of something so huge,a one in a life time experience with the biggest entertainer of all times and...every one of them just so smilly at the memorial :shock: And what about Janet...we were watching a clip on one of my MJ dvd that showed Michael at the 1995 MTV and you can see her in the audience and she's soooo emotionnel,you can see that she is so proud...but her brother is supposed to be killed and she all gigles on the interview...come on...I could go on and on....Everything is so odd...what's that all about,nobody cared about this man or what :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

julietTopic starter

January 11, 2010, 10:25:34 PM
Additional thoughts, I was just wondering if she was handed down something of what to say - how about the others? It must have been all scripted as I have mentioned before.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 11:05:36 PM
Quote from: "DivinityInMotion"
It does seem strange for someone to read off a note written by someone else at an event like this. It's so personal.

The part about her thinking Michael was going to jump out and start performing when she saw the coffin was an interesting tidbit too!
OMG!!! :shock:  that video is like yummmmmmmm hmmm mmmmm...i watched this like 5 times no joke gosh those hips can move!!!...ok shutting up now and getting back to work with investigation lol but thank you so much for that vid really
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Boreas

January 11, 2010, 11:23:47 PM
I like the point JonellStar made in one of her videos, about how no one that spoke at the memorial really didn't know MJ, or knew him very little, or even once knew him but lost touch after a long azz time.  funneh.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mehere

January 11, 2010, 11:37:01 PM
yes.  a close friend. please come speak at the memorial....
it's been 20 years....    :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 12, 2010, 05:47:13 AM
where she said thought he would do concert and jump out of coffin!!! you think she knows something? I do otherwise this would be so horrible to say as a joke nice clue there and also where they wrote something as in they wanted her to say the right thing wonder how many others they wrote stuff for!!! Interesting how she told us that guys nice clues as in fake scripted :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions