Re: So where were you when Michael 'died'
December 03, 2009, 10:25:30 AM
I was at work. We were talking about celebrities dying in 3's. Then BAM on the internet everywhere - Michael Jackson died! My heart sank :cry: When I got home I was all over the internet searching for more news and watching TV. It was a sad day for the world. But after noticing a few odd things in the news and then the memorial. I knew MJ pulled a fast one on us. Punked you could say. And here I am searching for the TROOT because I don't beLIEve he is dead. Love you MJ!

*Rich*
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its all for LOVE

December 03, 2009, 12:36:50 PM
June 25th is my fiance's birthday, and the day after my birthday.  It was early evening, and were out to dinner with his parents and brother -- there was a TV tuned into CNN in the restaurant.  We were all shocked.  I actually made myself physically ill and had to miss work on the 26th; I usually never miss work.  (My boss thought I had food poisoning.  I wasn't about to tell her the real reason.)  There was a power outage for hours and hours that day in my neighborhood, so I just lay in bed feeling staring at the wall, feeling awful, and crying...  and then after a few days I started getting suspicious...
Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:24:46 PM by annabel
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 12:43:33 PM
I was watching the news at  around 10pm with my family when it suddenly came on that Michael had been rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack. I wasn't a huge fan of his before that but hearing this I spent like 3 weeks crying. But since I found this site (or MJHD) it's been a real sense of relief for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 12:46:15 PM
I was asleep, and woke up to the terrible news :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

larab

December 03, 2009, 01:03:06 PM
I was at my biochemistry class, then the teacher came in and told us the news. Everyone thought he was joking..I went home at the break and realized it was not a joke  :(  But it didn't hit me until the next day.. :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 02:45:54 PM
I was at work (I live in the same time zone) and my boss went online to look up something and said "Michael Jackson died" and I didn't believe her. We read the article which didn't have a lot of info. On the way home, the DJ of my favourite radio station played a bunch of MJ songs since he is a HUGE fan.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 03, 2009, 04:02:16 PM
I was in Playa Del Carmen Mexico on vacation. I brought my mini laptop with me. It was a horribly hot day in Mexico and I was out on the terrace with my avatar pal Mini(my Jack Russell Terrier). I hated the photo they showed on MSN and went to every news site to gather the info. I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

zyla

December 03, 2009, 08:54:49 PM
First at home. I saw a headline on TV saying "Michael Jackson dead, TMZ reports."
But I was like, psh. TMZ? Yeah...probably another fake death.
But then I went to my grandma's house and it was all over CNN and other major news networks. They were showing the ambulance leaving. And that's when I knew he had "died"  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
your love is magical ...

I see the clues
I know what\'s true.

"the troot will prevail",
and I can\'t wait. (]

December 03, 2009, 09:43:58 PM
I am feeling so much unity reading all of these posts.. knowing we all experienced this crazy day together, even though we didn't know it yet.

Anyway.. it was afternoon, and my kids were out of state on vacation with their dad. I was really bored and should have been doing housework, but I thought "Eh, the kids are gone, I can do whatever I want.." so I turned the TV on and was flipping through channels - turned it on to the TV Guide channel and they had a headline about him going to the hospital. I started flipping through news channels (I think I watched HLN for a week straight after 6/25!) and it was all Michael, Michael, Michael.. at that point, no one knew for sure what happened, so one minute they were talking about how he was in critical condition, then it was a heart attack, then no one was sure, then it was a coma, then it was he's dead, then not dead but not able to be resuscitated.. and on and on..
it was awful watching it and flip-flopping like that.

I have to admit, I believed it. Every word. I cried and cried and cried.

My daughter is a fan, so I thought about texting her dad's cell because I didn't want her to hear the news from anyone else in an insensitive way but at the same time I didn't want to ruin her vacation in case for some reason she didn't hear about it. (She's only 8)

But alas, they came home from vacation talking about how disappointed they are in MJ, how he's a drug addict, etc. etc. and so we have had a lot of long talks since then about really not believing everything you hear, etc. It was awful to hear my daughter say that, to see the disappointment in her eyes.  :cry:

It wasn't until I watched the memorial on TV that things started seeming weird to me. The way the kids acted, the people who weren't there, etc.  Then other things started to not make sense.

It wasn't until Nov. 12 that I started reading online about a possible hoax, and from that night forward I've been convinced.

I hope I'm not in denial. I hope it's not because I so desperately want him to be alive.

Anyway.. that's my story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]BAM![/size]

December 05, 2009, 08:20:47 PM
i was on summer vacation and had summer work to do so i started my first "thursday work study" and then my dad came down stairs and said the michael died, i was like wow, you are joking right.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

December 05, 2009, 08:28:44 PM
I was 15 miles from home at a pool with my daughters. I can't remember the trip home at all, and I stayed up the whole night crying and watching the news. Little did I know ...for the first week of watching the news, they were feeding us all bull_ _ _ _. :cry: I mourned his death like everyone else for the first week, then it all started getting crazy. Since then, I have been in sad and dreadful limbo like everybody else. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 05, 2009, 08:38:35 PM
I had just came home from school and I was soo happy that the school year was finally over. So I called my friend and she tells me to change it to cnn and I said why? and she said just hurry up and change it. I see Michael Jackson in a coma and she says he's dead and I said no he's in a coma he's not dead yet and I sat infront of that tv waiting for the news and when it changed to Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009 I hung up on my friend. I just sat infront of the tv for hours on the same channel. I couldnt move and I didnt want to talk about it for days I didnt even wanna go out or watch tv or go on the computer, I just avoided everything. My mom was watching one of the tributes on tv and I walked in and heard him singing and just burst out into tears. I thought why? why did he die? there had to be another reason. Started to roam around the internet, found mjhd, and now im here !  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 05, 2009, 09:05:13 PM
I was preparing for the day when I saw in the morning news that MJ was rushed at the hospital. I wanted to finish the report (for some reasons I do not quite understand yet) but I had other things to attend to.

It was 1pm here, (I think) when every one else was doing their business, companion of mine just announced that Michael Jackson was dead. She said that he died of cardiac arrest. She said she saw it in the front page of Yahoo!

I didn't believe it at first. I was devastated. I don't know why I even cared. I wasn't a fan or anything. Well, I think I was when I was a kid but not that much. Then people around me started saying sh*t about him, which I believed :(.

That night, I had a lot of realization.  :cry:
Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:10:27 AM by imperfect_symmetry
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"It's all make believe, isn't it?"
~ Marilyn Monroe

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

December 06, 2009, 03:54:39 PM
I was up at the crack of dawn with my baby girl. She was just 3 months old. I had the news on mute while I was feeding and I saw a pic of Michael then something about the Glastonbury festival.

I actually thought it was that he had done a surprise appearance! So I turned up the TV to hear it next time it was mentioned.

I will NEVER forget the newsreader saying Michael Jackson the self-styled king of pop has died at the age of 50.

My blood ran cold and I was like, 'no.no.no.'

Then I went numb and had sky news on 24/7 until the memorial.

Worst time of my life. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]angelbear.org.uk  [/size][/color](Because we Care) xxx

December 12, 2009, 02:58:14 PM
well, i guess we can all say it's been very difficult for us...i get real emotional watching the hoax videos on youtube, because some of them contain the news reports on his dead. & i get a rush of emotions, idk how to describe it. like my heart beats real fast...idk. i'm still sad that we've yet to confirm on his death or his living being. but i continuously pray for him & his children's safety.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions