mmzTopic starter

Analysis of A NEW CLUE IN TII
January 19, 2010, 08:33:33 AM
I found this analysis very interesting.
I love Magritte paintings,and I noticed that in this hoax Michael used referenced to him.
During TII.
"the son of a man": the choice of this piece of art is very interesting...
read here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
QUOTED
At least it hides the face partly. Well, so you have the apparent face, the apple, hiding the visible but hidden, the face of the person. It's something that happens constantly. Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see. There is an interest in that which is hidden and which the visible does not show us. This interest can take the form of a quite intense feeling, a sort of conflict, one might say, between the visible that is hidden and the visible that is present.[1]

then,I don't know if you noticed it...It was after thriller I think..all those figures falling down from the sky...like a people rain...
I found this Magritte painting,called Golconda
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

QUOTED
Magritte was fascinated by the seductiveness of images. Ordinarily, you see a picture of something and you believe in it, you are seduced by it; you take its honesty for granted. But Magritte knew that representations of things can lie. These images of men aren't men, just pictures of them, so they don't have to follow any rules. This painting is fun, but it also makes us aware of the falsity of representation.[1]

I think Magritte is another big clue in the movie. SURREALISM. Things are not the way they seems. FALSITY of representation.
This is it,but this is not really it.
"the son of a man" painting appeared on screen all of a sudden,almost at the beginning,and it seems it has no connection with the movie. But I think it was put on purpose. Michael is an art lover..he studied a lot about paintings...and I think this choice an important meaning in the movie

I think these are HUGE clues in TII.Never really thought about it...we had talked about "the applehead" etc..etc..but I think it is a superficial interpretation.
This is much more!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions