The Jackson - AFD Who's Gonna Sing Lead???
January 19, 2010, 07:01:48 PM
Quote from: "imabeliever2"
Thanks Girlsaturday for sharing what happened on the show, I couldn't get the program.  

So, they're preparing to go on tour :?:   Interesting.......in order to tour, I think you first have to be able to sing......Michael was the singer thats why their dad put him out front, while they sang backup!   :lol:  :lol:  Tour?   :lol:  :lol:

Personally, I think there was a bit of jealously there!

This entire series has been based on the four of them praticing and preparing to go on tour.....My question is with what material?  As I stated before, Jermaine, Marlon, Tito and Jackie are only back-up singers and how can back-up singers go on tour????  We've all heard Jermaine's singing and I don't think its good enough to sing lead on a tour.  I didn't see the entire series, but most of them and from what I could see is that during the entire series they were practicing for backup singing.  Although, when asked who will sing lead Jermaine would quickly say...."I am".    Well, I say not in this lifetime!  Maybe I missed this part, but I never saw or heard any of them praticing while seriously singing lead.    Now, I'm not a tour expert, but, when entertainers go on tour aren't the singing their hit songs that people have heard and want to hear live??? :?  :?  :?    How can you go on tour before you release a song?  How would we know what we're paying to hear?  Again, These brothers are only backup singers!   and after hearing them sing a little on the show, I think we can all agree on that!  In the press conference (DIDN'T MICHAEL SAY.....I'LL BE SINGING THE SONGS, THAT MY FANS WANT TO HEAR)!

I have to admit, for awhile, watching the series, my hope that MJ was still alive was fading fast!  But after all this,  my faith is strong again!  The bottom line is......HOW CAN FOUR BACKUP SINGERS GO ON TOUR?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
And I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I\'d see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead.

Re: The Jackson - AFD Who's Gonna Sing Lead???
January 19, 2010, 09:11:09 PM
Yes, I agree!  For the life of me, I could not understand what they were even doing in the studio.  The brothers just don't have it and yes, I believe they are jealous of Michael's talent and stardom.  Then on the last show they debated about whether or not they wanted to even go in the studio and practice while they were sitting around eating.  No wonder Michael didn't want to go on tour with them.  Embarrassing!  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WendyE

January 19, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
 They are all playing their part. They know what they do, referring to back up singers. They have all tried to go it alone and well without being mean, they all know who the STAR is. Micheal is the greatest Entertainer that has ever graced this planet! They are playing their part in all of this. They are actually very gracious men. Remember this was all part of the HOAX :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

topsecretgirl

January 20, 2010, 02:20:12 AM
Maybe they will let MJ leadsing on a huge screen behind them, like he's there but then again not really really there. Technology can do alot these days.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 20, 2010, 04:01:15 AM
Quote from: "topsecretgirl"
Maybe they will let MJ leadsing on a huge screen behind them, like he's there but then again not really really there. Technology can do alot these days.

yeah i was thinking the same thing or, maybe a hologram may be used. Michael had 3D scan of his entire body done maybe they might use that to create something - who knows.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Where there is L.O.V.E I\'ll be there

January 20, 2010, 07:53:20 PM
I asked myself the same question.. we must wait to see what they do I guess..
BTW: the gloved one.. I just saw your image at the bottom.. I never watched Scream again after de VMA, with your image I discart that was MJ really there or that it was some eye-ilussion for the people that was seeing Janet's tribute to MJ. :s
Lot of L.O.V.E!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back
I\'ll reach out my hand to you, I\'ll have faith in all you do
Just call my name and I\'ll be there"

January 20, 2010, 09:58:40 PM
Greetings - I haven't watched too much of the show (I did see the one where they tried to practice) but I have followed it through all of you.  I believe the practice sessions were meant as a joke - literally.  All of those men know how to practice (thanks to Joe) and they were acting too casual for me to treat it seriously.  Come on, do we really think that Jackie and Marlon would rather go sight seeing if they knew they were getting up in front of thousands of fans? They wouldn't want that embarrassment. Remember - Jackie is the one who supposedly wrote that song and that doesn't sound like someone uninterested to me. Either they are practicing outside of the camera eye or they won't be doing the concerts at all and they know it.  I believe that with Jermaine's personality it would only be believable to us if he were the one wanting to be the lead singer. But, I believe Jermaine won't be the lead and he knows it (he's acting) and there's the high possibility of the hologram of Michael but they aren't going to reveal that on the show.  I am not too fond of Jermaine's love of self but we need to remember that they are Michael's brothers and what we see is not always how it really is.  Even Michael said not to believe everything we see or hear. Michael loved his family and we know that every family has an assortment of personalities.  I thought their show acted more like a comedy - they were obviously out of sorts without their lead to show them what to do.  I just don't know how much is an act and how much is real. Hmm....will be interested to see if they sign for another show. Another thread mentions the show as part of the hoax and it makes a lot of sense as they were planning this before Michael's departure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

January 20, 2010, 10:07:13 PM
Right! Who's gonna sing lead?? Jermaine sung the most leads after MJ...i mean come on, lets' be real.....not gonna happen......Mj MUST be singing lead if the J5 ever goes on tour (i.e. comeback!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 21, 2010, 07:04:06 PM
Quote from: "BlessHisHeart"
Right! Who's gonna sing lead?? Jermaine sung the most leads after MJ...i mean come on, lets' be real.....not gonna happen......Mj MUST be singing lead if the J5 ever goes on tour (i.e. comeback!)

Amen, BlessHisHeart! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

January 21, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
That is a very good call how they seem like back up singers and no one is taking a solid lead role ,they all are all over the place . This family is very professional and having Michael as a brother to learn from I am sure he would give them advice on putting together a tour especially where technology has changed it just seems off to  me good point
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

January 22, 2010, 12:26:46 AM
IF( and I say IF) Michael is really gone and these 4 arent "acting", can you imagine what Michael had to put up with for years in "lockdown" with them????? :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 22, 2010, 03:19:54 PM
You guys are right!  They either were not taking this serious or praticing as back up singers. They just couldn't get it together. I also agree, and see why Michael went solo.  With all the playing and argueing back and forth I would have too!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
And I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I\'d see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead.

January 22, 2010, 03:24:03 PM
If Jermaine does lead vocals it will be a total disaster... a car crash.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions