Re: I'm totally not an MJ fan but..
January 23, 2010, 04:51:10 PM
Quote from: "lisap27"
i must say you are very worldly and wise for an 18 yr old.. no disrespect but you talk like you've been around a lot longer than 18yrs..

very wise words for a young man i must say!!  ;)

hmm...well I guess it's all about perception, then. :)

When you grow up with tons of siblings, you tend to be more aware of the things around you. Making interesting observations..etc. I guess i'm not one to make excuses, but I don't like to put myself up on a pedestal and claim to be the most amazing person in the world. to be honest, I'm quite shy, but as I've said before, I am myself!  :)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

Re: I'm totally not an MJ fan but..
February 12, 2010, 06:15:42 PM
mrbigshot: i have to agree with most here, your posts are so well formulated and truly intelligent and thoughtful. i couldn't have put it any better and it kinda hit me the same way, after june 25, 2009. although i'm much older than you (my son is your age...) and i witnessed when mj took over mtv (we skipped school to see 'thriller' when it premiered, no school party without it!), i never really considered myself a fan, but always admired what he did and the perfectionism and intellect behind it. and i pretty much know all his work, everything michael jackson came out with was an event, regardless of your usual musical taste. there was just no way around michael jackson. period.
my favorite short film is 'ghosts', strongly recommended for anyone who didn't see it yet. and there are some interesting parallels as well.
then i also witnessed how he was taken down by the tabloids and other media. but he was always around and strong. i truly admire his personality and how he followed his path and stayed cool and true to himself despite the attack he was under. (*bowing*)    

since i live in germany, it is much harder to get any news on this other than by internet.  people around me also look at me funny when i even mention 'hoax'. it is so nice to see this many people from all walks of life digging and investigating and it all seems to make sense somehow. if anyone could pull this off, it's michael jackson. i still try to believe that. it's possible. that's why i'm here.  

since i have not formally introduced myself yet, i simply applaud and co-sign with your posts. hope you don't mind.  ;)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions