I just came across this video of MJ attending church with Steve Harvey, Randy,and his lawyer.  Diane Sawyer is speaking about MJ going to the service as if it was an odd thing for him to do.  She was so biased against him.  Anyway I think this video is awesome because it shows how Steve Harvey and his brother had his back also his lawyer.  MJ seem excited to be there.  He's all dancing while the choir is singing.  The preachers pray over MJ before he goes to trial the next day.  MJ tours the church.  However the end of this video I notice something.  The pastor speaking to the reporter regarding MJ trial has a familiar name.  His name is Cecil Murray and he actually favors Dr. Murray to me.  He's talking to the reporter about the concerns they have with the trial.  The video also suggest that Tom Sneddon may have conducted an illegal search on MJ as well.  I wonder if there's any chance the pastor may be related to Murray?  Here's the video:
[youtube:2avhv5h6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4yqOqHebo[/youtube:2avhv5h6]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Glinda

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

dejavu
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

thanks I been looking for this
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

wish we could see the intire service
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

I like how they mentioned a gag order in this yet, it seems a gag order is nonexistent in the Murray case. Every person is just blabbing about things that are going on in the case.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Quote from: "Glinda"

dejavu

Yup... ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love thiis video :D
I enjoyed seeing Mike going church :P :D
The gag oreder thing was a bit strange 2 me 2 :?
I was wondering y no1 in the Murray case isn't under gag???
Hmm sum background would b nice :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

Here's sum info on the gag order :D

A gag order  (also known as a gagging order  or suppression order ) is an order, sometimes a legal order by a court  or government, other times a private order by an employer or other institution, restricting information or comment from being made public.
 Gag orders are often used against participants involved in a lawsuit or criminal trial. They are also a tool to prevent media from publishing unwanted information on a particular topic. A Criminal Court, for instance, will issue a gag order on the media if the judge believes that potential jurors in a future trial will be influenced by the media reporting or speculation on the early stages of a case. Another example might be to ensure police are not impeded in their investigations by media publicity about a case.
 In a similar manner, a 'gag law' is intended to limit freedom of the press , by instituting censorship  or restricting access to information.

United States

A National Security Letter , an administrative subpoena used by the FBI , has an attached gag order which restricts the recipient from ever saying anything about being served with one. [ 8 ]  The government has issued hundreds of thousands of such NSLs accompanied with gag orders. The gag orders have been upheld in court.

In the United States, a court can order parties to a case not to comment on it but has no authority to stop unrelated reporters from reporting on a case. Most statutes which restrict what may be reported have generally been found unconstitutional  and void. However, the gag provisions of the WIPO Copyright and Performances and Phonograms Treaties Implementation Act  have been upheld.

The trials of Guantanamo Bay  suspects have also been subjected to a gag order, which has hindered public scrutiny.Likewise, as part of a plea bargain John Walker Lindh  consented to a gag order to not talk to the press or others.
[/b]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hmm, could that Pastor be related to CM? Maybe that's the church we saw HIM in. That was cute how MJ was dancing though  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "teine21"
Hmm, could that Pastor be related to CM? Maybe that's the church we saw HIM in. That was cute how MJ was dancing though  :mrgreen:

Yeah it would be good to find out the name of the church that Conrad Murray went to.  They say the name of the church in the video.  They said it's one of the largest African Amercian churches in LA.  It's a trip the name of the preacher speaking in the video is Pastor Cecil Murray.  I agree with some of the above post about the gag order mentioned in the video for the 2005 MJ trial but not one in place for Murray's trial.  Hmmmmm.  Yeah it was cute when MJ was dancing to the music.  He was getting his praise and worship on. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

there is another thread somewhere where steve harvey is talking about the occasion . of course it's told in steve harvey fashion so it if humorous.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

foreye

there is a documentary i saw during the trail where Michael was in church
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The church is First African Methodist Episcopal Church or First AME Church :D .
Hmm seems that Cecil is retired now here's something I found about him ;)
Rev. Dr. Cecil “Chip” Murray joined the faculty of USC. After retiring from his post as pastor of First African Methodist Episcopal Church (FAME), he was appointed as the John R. Tansey Chair of Christian Ethics in the School of Religion at the University of Southern California. In addition, Rev. Murray was named a Senior Fellow of the Center for Religion and Civic Culture. Murray holds a doctorate from Claremont School of Theology and has many years of experience as a senior statesman in the African American community and in the city of Los Angeles as a whole.

During his 27 years as FAME’s pastor, Rev. Murray transformed a small congregation of 250 into an 18,000 person church with multi-million dollar community and economic development programs that have brought jobs, housing, and corporate investment into many South Los Angeles neighborhoods. Many politicians, including President George W. Bush and President Bill Clinton, visited his pulpit and spoke to the congregation. Murray, though he is retired from ministry, is a vibrant force with a passion to ensure that the legacy of African American Church leaders of the Civil Rights generation pass on their years of experience, spiritual authority, and political pragmatism, to the next generation.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/b]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hmm... history repeats itself....   :?
Or "is being repeated"..  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal