Re: mackculkin twitter is real just found out
January 27, 2010, 03:33:45 AM
Quote from: "Melzy777"
My two cents: Everything about the last 7 months has had an aroma of "Is it or isn't it?" so why would Mack's account be any different. He was at the "funeral". The fact we're questioning it, and that the behaviour is strange yet surprisingly still real says enough..  And, no I don't fully believe the kids have accounts, but, I wouldn't rule them out as complete fakes.

I see your point - but one thing irritates me a little:
Let´s assume some unverified Twitter accounts with prominent names also play a role in the whole...
Let´s assume the persons behind these accounts must not be Prince, Paris or Macaulay but - maybe- persons from the "inner circle".

Would this method not open the door wide to fraudsters, imposers, cheaters and liars?
Wouldn´t that send some (and when I look around not less) fans right into the arms of dubious people?

That´s why I´m in doubt about it. It´s hard to believe that the "key players" of the hoax didn´t take that into their consideration respectively approved it.  Let´s not forget we´ve young and pliable persons here and what I miss is the social responsibility concerning hints from unverified accounts.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2010, 06:42:50 AM
Quote from: "rag doll"
Quote from: "Melzy777"
My two cents: Everything about the last 7 months has had an aroma of "Is it or isn't it?" so why would Mack's account be any different. He was at the "funeral". The fact we're questioning it, and that the behaviour is strange yet surprisingly still real says enough..  And, no I don't fully believe the kids have accounts, but, I wouldn't rule them out as complete fakes.

I see your point - but one thing irritates me a little:
Let´s assume some unverified Twitter accounts with prominent names also play a role in the whole...
Let´s assume the persons behind these accounts must not be Prince, Paris or Macaulay but - maybe- persons from the "inner circle".

Would this method not open the door wide to fraudsters, imposers, cheaters and liars?
Wouldn´t that send some (and when I look around not less) fans right into the arms of dubious people?

That´s why I´m in doubt about it. It´s hard to believe that the "key players" of the hoax didn´t take that into their consideration respectively approved it.  Let´s not forget we´ve young and pliable persons here and what I miss is the social responsibility concerning hints from unverified accounts.
Good point. I agree with you too. I think it's a dangerous game to play. I assume that's why we keep hearing that the kids DON'T have one.. So that people are warned about it. And it also highlights that parents really aren't monitoring their kids enough on the net these days. I don't think parents do. I see a lot of 14yo's running lose, and they go looking for a friend to talk to. It's obviously a message to parents. If Michael really doesn't allow it, then they should think about why he doesn't. I certainly monitor what happens on my computers when my younger family members use them. I think if you care then you should.

But, with Mack's I'd say it's a good chance at being real and part of what's going on. I don't have any proof though. Who knows with the kids ones he follows. It could be friends of his. I don't know, and I've never followed those accounts. So, I'm not going to start guessing because we'd be here forever on that.  :lol: But that does go against him being legit. Maybe that's the point?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

*Mo*

January 27, 2010, 06:52:41 AM
BOGUS!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grenat

January 27, 2010, 12:59:23 PM
@Grenat: I know, you´re looking for proof... but if you ask me what I believe, I`m honest - and I think it´s fake.  
Why? Seriously - would you subject your children to the pressure of a speculating public in that situation not to mention the tabloid press, which is lurking for every private word to quote? Well, I wouldn´t.... I for one really don´t think that the children are exploided as "clue givers" on Twitter. I´d rather follow Kenny & the This is it Crew... they´re real and very likely in best knowledge

Yeah I think too that they wouldn't do this that's why they said it's fake maybe : so that we won't bother them,because we would think it's fake we wouldn't follow them,that's my point.This way they're protected from us and the journalists.
But it's likely that you're right and that their account doesn't exist.It's just we never can be sure of anything with internet.
And I also agree that we should follow the grown-up,like Kenny,The Jacksons
Not bother his poor children.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions