TII DVD Review
January 26, 2010, 11:51:18 PM
I posted this within another topic but wanted to give it it's own thread with proper title.I hope the moderators are ok with this  :)

The DVD has over an hour of bonus footage while the Blue Ray has more such as the making of the Smooth Criminal/Glenda footage.
I find that annoying because it should be the same footage on both formats but it may have been an exclusive deal to Blue Ray and they (Sony,Kenny,etc) get paid for endorsing the extra bonuses on the Blue Ray version  

The movie has nothing new to report about except for the ending which is the same Bam! clip after the credits and the little girl with the globe that says I love you Michael.
I confess I did skip through the movie parts a bit due to my eyes going  :shock:   from watching the laptop screen.

Bonus material-
There is a making of feature,Memories Of Michael,interview with the clothing designer
and he shows all the costumes and accessories for Billie Jean,Black Or White,Thriller and a costume for the world related songs such as Earth Song,Heal The World and We Are The World.
I have only watched Memories Of Michael and the clothing designers part in full and will report on the rest after.
Memories Of Michael was an emotional rollercoaster with some interviews.I LOL'd at a couple stories and almost cried when Frank DiLeo showed a drawing his daughter made for MJ after June 25/09 and a couple other interviews with immediate people involved with the shows because they sounded sincere,mentioned him actually "passing away" and some seemed to get emotional.   :(
I understand though that these may be true friends and not sell outs like some people associated with MJ and had to keep up with the show but it still tugged my heart.
They showed a good portion of personal video from the O2 conference of MJ getting in a golf cart to get to the arena,backstage prior to him going on stage,him walking up the stairs to the stage,on stage and leaving the stage back to backstage.
The footage also showed to me atleast why he acted the way he did when he was onstage.I fully believe now it was MJ and he had a case of nerves thinking he was not going to have many fans to receive him,that he may get booed and that there would be no public interest.  :(
He got emotional when he got out there and saw the fans and that is why I think he put his head down and played with the mike so he could compose himself.

Ok,onto the funny parts...
They show a meeting on video and I don't think he knows he his being filmed.It shows him talking away and then he started laughing really hard and it was a deep belly laugh and he started leaning out of his seat to the left and I really thought he was going to fall to the floor laughing,which he has done before  :lol:
I had to repeat it about 4 times because it is so cute and I cracked up with him because it was a laugh that makes you laugh too!  :mrgreen:
Frank also told a story about how his son had show and tell in school in the late 80's in the Bad era judging by his photos shown and he wanted to bring Muscles.Frank doesn't like snakes and said "no way!" and mentioned it to MJ and he said you can take Muscles and Frank told him he didn't like snakes so MJ said HE would go to his school with Muscles for show and tell.I could just imagine him doing this and sitting on a desk or little chair..awwww :)  :lol:
Needless to say,Frank mentioned his son was the popular kid in school after that   :)  8-)

It was revealed he wanted to do a world tour after seeing the sales of the tickets and his only request to do the shows was a house in the country so him and the children would not have to live in a hotel for months on end and also at the end of the 50th show,have a representative from the Guiness Book of World Records announce that this tour would be in recorded in history because it would have broke and set records.

He was also shown and described as a sweet,giving and loving person.
He told Michael Beardon they were special because they are both named Michael but they had to stay humble or God could take their talents away.It is so cute to hear him MB tell this story.
Whenever tension was in the room during a meeting or when something didn't go right during rehearsals as we saw in the one scene in the movie with his ear piece,he always gets his point and reprimands across as politely as he can and says it is with love..L.O.V.E.  

In my own opinion,I believe after seeing the hard work that went into making this production,him renting a home and furnishing it and the way he was so animated about the shows and rehearsals even in meetings where I doubt he knew he was being taped,I believe he really wanted to do these shows and continue touring after his O2 gigs.

I have posted some caps I made into a slideshow with the direct link to my Photobucket acct since it freezes the slideshow when I post it directly.
These are caps of footage of MJ sitting with Kenny on June 24/09 and it isn't a towel on his head.It is a hood from either a jacket or a hoodie but I believe I saw fleece or fur around the hood and it could be that faux fur judging from MJ's love for animals.
The other caps are him munching away on chips or pretzels in a meeting and also in the last rehearsal photos,it clearly shows a plate of food infront of him so he wasn't starving himself nor was anyone hand feeding him..I wanted to post them as well so we could put the rumors to rest and also because he looks so cute!  
The other caps are cute ones of him onstage.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Enjoy the slideshow and I will post again about the documentary footage and whatever new screencaps I have!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Keep changin\' the rules
While I keep playin\' the game
I can\'t take it much longer
I think I might go insane

Dot 246637

Re: TII DVD Review
January 27, 2010, 12:03:35 AM
Quote from: "MJROCKSMYSOCKSOFF"
I posted this within another topic but wanted to give it it's own thread with proper title.I hope the moderators are ok with this  :)

The DVD has over an hour of bonus footage while the Blue Ray has more such as the making of the Smooth Criminal/Glenda footage.
I find that annoying because it should be the same footage on both formats but it may have been an exclusive deal to Blue Ray and they (Sony,Kenny,etc) get paid for endorsing the extra bonuses on the Blue Ray version  

The movie has nothing new to report about except for the ending which is the same Bam! clip after the credits and the little girl with the globe that says I love you Michael.
I confess I did skip through the movie parts a bit due to my eyes going  :shock:   from watching the laptop screen.

Bonus material-
There is a making of feature,Memories Of Michael,interview with the clothing designer
and he shows all the costumes and accessories for Billie Jean,Black Or White,Thriller and a costume for the world related songs such as Earth Song,Heal The World and We Are The World.
I have only watched Memories Of Michael and the clothing designers part in full and will report on the rest after.
Memories Of Michael was an emotional rollercoaster with some interviews.I LOL'd at a couple stories and almost cried when Frank DiLeo showed a drawing his daughter made for MJ after June 25/09 and a couple other interviews with immediate people involved with the shows because they sounded sincere,mentioned him actually "passing away" and some seemed to get emotional.   :(
I understand though that these may be true friends and not sell outs like some people associated with MJ and had to keep up with the show but it still tugged my heart.
They showed a good portion of personal video from the O2 conference of MJ getting in a golf cart to get to the arena,backstage prior to him going on stage,him walking up the stairs to the stage,on stage and leaving the stage back to backstage.
The footage also showed to me atleast why he acted the way he did when he was onstage.I fully believe now it was MJ and he had a case of nerves thinking he was not going to have many fans to receive him,that he may get booed and that there would be no public interest.  :(
He got emotional when he got out there and saw the fans and that is why I think he put his head down and played with the mike so he could compose himself.

Ok,onto the funny parts...
They show a meeting on video and I don't think he knows he his being filmed.It shows him talking away and then he started laughing really hard and it was a deep belly laugh and he started leaning out of his seat to the left and I really thought he was going to fall to the floor laughing,which he has done before  :lol:
I had to repeat it about 4 times because it is so cute and I cracked up with him because it was a laugh that makes you laugh too!  :mrgreen:
Frank also told a story about how his son had show and tell in school in the late 80's in the Bad era judging by his photos shown and he wanted to bring Muscles.Frank doesn't like snakes and said "no way!" and mentioned it to MJ and he said you can take Muscles and Frank told him he didn't like snakes so MJ said HE would go to his school with Muscles for show and tell.I could just imagine him doing this and sitting on a desk or little chair..awwww :)  :lol:
Needless to say,Frank mentioned his son was the popular kid in school after that   :)  8-)

It was revealed he wanted to do a world tour after seeing the sales of the tickets and his only request to do the shows was a house in the country so him and the children would not have to live in a hotel for months on end and also at the end of the 50th show,have a representative from the Guiness Book of World Records announce that this tour would be in recorded in history because it would have broke and set records.

He was also shown and described as a sweet,giving and loving person.
He told Michael Beardon they were special because they are both named Michael but they had to stay humble or God could take their talents away.It is so cute to hear him MB tell this story.
Whenever tension was in the room during a meeting or when something didn't go right during rehearsals as we saw in the one scene in the movie with his ear piece,he always gets his point and reprimands across as politely as he can and says it is with love..L.O.V.E.  

In my own opinion,I believe after seeing the hard work that went into making this production,him renting a home and furnishing it and the way he was so animated about the shows and rehearsals even in meetings where I doubt he knew he was being taped,I believe he really wanted to do these shows and continue touring after his O2 gigs.

I have posted some caps I made into a slideshow with the direct link to my Photobucket acct since it freezes the slideshow when I post it directly.
These are caps of footage of MJ sitting with Kenny on June 24/09 and it isn't a towel on his head.It is a hood from either a jacket or a hoodie but I believe I saw fleece or fur around the hood and it could be that faux fur judging from MJ's love for animals.
The other caps are him munching away on chips or pretzels in a meeting and also in the last rehearsal photos,it clearly shows a plate of food infront of him so he wasn't starving himself nor was anyone hand feeding him..I wanted to post them as well so we could put the rumors to rest and also because he looks so cute!  
The other caps are cute ones of him onstage.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Enjoy the slideshow and I will post again about the documentary footage and whatever new screencaps I have!
those funny parts you mentioned are they on the regular dvd ot are those only on the blu ray cause i have the standard one but i have wacthed the full extras yet
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I LOVE THIS BOY !!
My Heart Belongs To Michael Joseph Jackson!

Re: TII DVD Review
January 27, 2010, 12:39:18 AM
Hi JACKSONGIRL,

They are on the regular DVD release.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike